Long ago, there was a mod known as Super SRB2 Kart Z. You all probably remember that mod, and a certain Badnik that stepped up to challenge the various racers from that mod. It then faded away and with that this badnik disappeared from the scene… until now.
attachment.php

Of course, I’m talking about the legendary Robo-Hood, back to take on the new tracks of a new era and the new racers that came along with it.

Features:
  • The original sprites you know and love, in the new SRB2kart kart model!
  • Unique sprites for all eight rotations, including drifting frames!
  • 1 Speed and 3 Weight, ideal for tackling those really tight corners!
  • Computerized voice acting!

Changelog:
  • v1.0 - Initial release
  • v1.1 - Fixed the "Gloat" voice.
  • v1.2 - Updated the SOC_PLAY to use the correct information (thanks, ManimiFire!)
  • v1.3 - Fixed the colors on the outlines so they now display Robo-hood's back details properly- also refurbished the minimap icon.

Attachments

• kart0035.gif
    kart0035.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 4,021
  • kart0023.png
    kart0023.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 553
  • kart0038.gif
    kart0038.gif
    7.8 MB · Views: 369
  • kart0046.gif
    kart0046.gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 327
  • KC_RoboHood_v1.3.zip
    296 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
Even with no steering wheel, he can drive. I think we all have much to learn from this kart master.

Welcome to releases!

Must admit, I found it odd at first Robo-Hood has a voice this time round. But it's so amusing a voice for him I actually don't mind at all much now. =P

Just a note, you forgot to change the "SkinName", "PlayerText" and the rest of the stuff in SOC_PLAY so it's always good to check all the scripts in SLADE (or another editor) before heading for the release...

Other than that, incredible character! Good voice lines and fun gameplay!

Robo-Hood has been successfully pk3'd- since I didn't make any changes to the character otherwise the file is still in version 1.2.

I'm aware that Robohood's back details don't show up properly when using certain palettes (including his own) so I'm planning to come back to this someday when my schedule isn't super-tight and fix it or a proper version 2.

Updated to 1.3, with Robo-hood's outline color made darker so it shows up a bit better with his default palette. The minimap icon also got an update.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back