View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011   #19
CoatRack
Official Community CoatRack
Developer

Match:
Forst Rush Zon Zone by Scizor300 - 1/10
Symmetrical, somewhat cramped, only weapon pannels, and small. over all this is one of your worst maps. :<

Sandstorm Zone by Dails - 3/10
Not that bad, the map's size was good, but the layout needs some work. The textures also need to be changed, right now it's sorta odd with the white sand in a sandstorm IMO. Also, you seem to have placed all the strong weapons in the same area, I got Rail, Bomb, and Grenade all in one place. Also, where was the SRM and WRMs?

Zero Effort Flower Zone Act 12 by D00D64 - 3/10
Ugh, this level was a mess. I was always falling to my death because I didn't see a pit coming, and because of lag spikes. Not to mention I could hardly find any weapon rings, I only found Rail, Scatter, and Bomb. The level is also a bit cramped.

AccursedDonut wad by Charybdizs - 1/10
What is this I don't even.... First off, the level is WAY to wide open. Second, the level was symmetrical. Not to mention All the weapon rings was in hard to reach areas, and the level lagged like mad. Also, why was there gravity flip monitors? They really didn't seem to be that useful.

Egg Hanger Zone by KO.T.E. and Spherallic - I Fail/At Spelling
Name fail aside(should be Egg Hang-->A<--r), this was a level me and Sphere was planning for awhile, we finally started mapping a few weeks before the deadline and I was afraid we wasn't gonna make it in when I noticed Sphere didn't seem to have much free time. But here it is, the room with grenade was a bit rushed since Sphere was gonna make it, but he never had the time before the contest submissions was over so I went ahead and made it in 1-2 hours. Also, Have you guys found any of the easter eggs I've hidden in the level? Here's a hint, they are from past versions of Death Egg from the Genesis games.

P.S: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kTxXCqGZjM <--- The level is about 20% cooler if you listen to this while playing. ;D

Capture the Flag:
Frozen Destruction Zone by Scizor300 - 4/10
Wide open dash to the other teams base with a few jumps, no real clue on WHERE weapons are because of the design of the level, and Knuckles can't capture the flag without tossing it up the steps to the main base. Overall, not a very fun map.

Angle Forest Zone by Katmint - 3/10
This level is VERY cramped, has way to much ammo (I mean, 2 grenade ammo next to the panel, that's just plain OP), not to mention it takes ages to get to one base from the other. that, and I am not sure if I found any monitors in the bases.

Mossy Mushroom Zone by RedEchidna - 7/10
Nice level, a bit of a odd layout, but at least it played well. One thing I didn't like was how the bases could be stormed from above. not to mention I couldn't seem to find much weapon rings, that was mostly because I was busy chasing the flag holder across the map though.

Race:
Lost Feelings Island by Internet Explorer - 5/10
The level looks GREAT , but it is a thok-feast. Not to mention you have some pretty nasty HoMs in some parts, they sometimes messed me up because it caused a bit of lag since you made the room so large. If you fix'd the HoMs, and added in some paths to help Tails and Knuckles, this would be a great level! Another small note, the level is a bit to long IMO.

Burned Mystic Desert Zone by Miles Knuckle Prower - 3/10
THOK THOK THOK THOK! Another thok-feast, but unlike the other one, this one wasn't pleasing to the eyes. Not to mention some of the pits of burning sand was hard to pass by with Knuckles without gliding. Also, the zoom tube at the end felt out of place and boring.
I bet you can't make a face as crazy as this!

Last edited by CoatRack; 05-11-2011 at 12:22 AM.