View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011   #10
BlueZero4

Lakeside Hill Zone by Dails - 4/10
Hi! I haven't seen any of your maps around, so I'm thinking this is either your first map or some other early work. You're so early in your journey as a mapper (should you choose to accept it) that I really don't know what I have to say. Go and play some other maps and notice what you like or don't about the level. Spend this time taking in what's already been said and done by those have gone before you.

I see you're thinking as you map instead of making just a rush job. I see the secrets you've put in and the details here and there with the decoration. You've ordered your rings into lines. But on the other hand, you're not fluent with your sense of scale. You're also not comfortable with FOFs, so you've used the same tag over and over again for your platforms.

I can see you're putting in effort and time and genuine thought into your maps. You just need to know how to focus all that attention. As you gain time and experience, you'll learn to craft a masterpiece.

Outerspace Threat Zone by Miles Knuckle Prower - 3/10
This level doesn't work. Why? Egghead is encased in a laser block, which means I can't steer the missile straight into his face. I have to launch it exactly at him from a distance. That's really hard to do, especially while dodging fire.