Resource icon

Zero's Halloween Level Pack 2.1.1

XZero The HedgehogX submitted a new resource:

Zero's Halloween Level Pack - A small level pack that I made for halloween.

Happy (late) Halloween!

This is my halloween level pack, it contains 6 maps. (two of them being bosses). I made this level pack on October as an event for my server, a lot of people did enjoy it so I decided to put it here on MB. I hope you like it!

-----------------------------ROTTEN HILL ZONE----------------------------
View attachment 56251
View attachment 56252
In the past, this was a beautiful garden full of life, but...​

Read more about this resource...

Just got done doing a playthrough of this and I enjoyed it! There are some parts of Rotten Hill's desing that could've been better like opening the door to the End Sign with Bubble Spawners in the water depths if players didn't grab the elemental shield but for what's here, this is cool. I really hope to see more maps from you in the future. I really liked the puzzle with the turret in Haunted Castle Act 2 and really appreciated the homage to Hang Castle in Act 1. Also, really enjoyed the 'final' boss and appreciated the Isaac sounds and music you paired up with it too.

I hope everyone else checks this out but other than that, welcome to Releases!

This looks great! Also, maybe I could do other characters spooky dance sprites? If you need help.

Hello! Let's get started!

Act 1 Zone 1

Well, the first thing I see is that there is "no pit" effect.

srb20163.png

Also, I don't understand why this liquid (or what this) does damage? It just... looks like regular water

srb20164.png

Why are these crushers so fast?

srb20230.gif

This fire comes out of nowhere. It looks strange. You can see how it works in RVZ

srb20232.gif

Act 2 Zone 1

I'm just falling out of nowhere. It looks strange, because in the 2nd zone of the 2nd act I fall from some kind of pipe (which looks more or less normal)

srb20234.gif

These chains and crusher are too fast

srb20238.gif

And this moment is very difficult for non-spin characters. Didn't you put in a single air bubble?

srb20237.gif

Act 2 Zone 2

What this?

TUUeDSr.gif

Well, what can I say in general. Let's go through the disadvantages first. There are a lot of enemies on your levels. It's just not very pleasant for complete the level.

srb20231.gif

WhY2kpq.gif

There are also very hard traps on your levels. They are too fast and difficult for the player to dodge.
Also on your levels the shadow is not very well done. Act 1 and 2 are too light and there are almost no shadows anywhere.

Bosses.

These are some of the hardest bosses I've met. I can't say or describe anything (I just don't like the concept of bosses in srb2) but it's too hard

On the plus side, I really liked the first level of the second act. This gravity game is interestingly made and it would be cool to look at a bigger level with this concept.
I also liked some of the moments in the second act, like this.

kRHe4nG.gif

Don't despair! If this is one of your first experiences, it turned out very well.

Here are some tips I can give you:
  • Try to make more decorations in your levels.
  • Play with shadows!
  • Less badniks.
  • More ways (for example, for other characters).

XZero The HedgehogX updated Zero's Halloween Level Pack with a new update entry:

Zero's Halloween Level Pack v1.2

Changelog:

- Fixed a checkpoint at Haunted Castle act 2.
- Reduced crusher speed on Rotten Hill act 1 and 2.
- Reduced mace speed on Rotten Hill act 1.
- Added a few more obstacles on Rotten Hill act 1 to compensate the speed on maces.
- Added "Air Bubble Patch" objects on the water section of Rotten Hill Act 2
- Added a fog effect on Rotten Hill zone.
- Rotten Hill act 2 has coloured buttons on the water section and crusher section, when activated, the panels on the checkpoint get more...

Read the rest of this update entry...

XZero The HedgehogX updated Zero's Halloween Level Pack with a new update entry:

Update 2.0

Changelog:
- Two new zones (Under World and Spooky City)
- Tails and Knuckles can do the spooky dance now.
- Added a few little changes on old levels
- Fixed spooky dance code broken by 2.2.10 ("state cycle detected: exiting...")

Note: It's highly recommended to play this on singleplayer, multiplayer is possible but it can be a little buggy. Also i'll keep posting more updates. Feel free to post any suggestions.

i like the new levels i just cant figure out how to beat under world act 1 ive been running around the first area for awhile trying to press buttons that i thought could be pressed but cannot apparently and i cant find any movable statues that could be used to press the buttons. i also feel like the spiked bushes should hurt you but do not.

I've messed around with this for a long time and it just seems like you forgot to finish them or something. Like the levels are there but they're unplayable and not fun at all. Just saying

Last edited:

Update 2.1: bugfixes/changes on Under World act 1

This update comes with a few changes on Under World act 1

Changelog:
- Spiked bushes can cause damage now.
- Added a few objects to guide the player through the puzzle on the first area.
- Fixed a few FOFs

Note (spoiler): I recommend to check the walls on the first area, the objects should guide you on where you should go.

Post automatically merged:

i like the new levels i just cant figure out how to beat under world act 1 ive been running around the first area for awhile trying to press buttons that i thought could be pressed but cannot apparently and i cant find any movable statues that could be used to press the buttons. i also feel like the spiked bushes should hurt you but do not.
Some FOFs didn't seem to work so I posted an update about it
also, I never thought that spiked walls should always cause damage to the player.

Update 2.1: bugfixes/changes on Under World act 1

Post automatically merged:

Some FOFs didn't seem to work so I posted an update about it
also, I never thought that spiked walls should always cause damage to the player.
well if you didnt want the spiked walls to hurt then thats fine i understand i just thought they would since they have spikes on them like in castle eggman.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back