Your Personal Secrets Pertaining To Video Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueZero4 said:
I cried after my brother let the Brickster out during Lego Island 1. 0_o

I kicked the computer after the giant skeleton kicked me off the racetrack five times in a row.

I've thrown my N64 Controller tonnes of times after losing hard battles in Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2.

I remember having weird reactions to not being able to play ToS when I got it because I had to go to my Dad's straight after.

Sonic R

Yeah. I heard some kinda scary stories about Tails Doll on the Sonic Gems Collection board over at GameFAQs. Never really understood the whole ''Only the power of Metal Sonic, Super Sonic, and Sonic can send the Acursed One back to Hell thing. Don't believe the stories one*soul sucked by Tails Doll*

Shuffle said:
Well, when I was younger, I was afraid of drowning in games.
Hey! Me too. Well, the specific game was Sonic 2. It was in chemical plant zone when the water was coming up and you had to get out. Basically drowning in sonic.PERIOD.

This was all when I was a little kid, BTW.

You should get Fighter's Megamix for your Saturn. It's really fun and my favorite character in it is Bark the Polar Bear from Sonic the Fighters. :mrgreen:

Cory the Hedgehog said:
You should get Fighter's Megamix for your Saturn. It's really fun and my favorite character in it is Bark the Polar Bear from Sonic the Fighters. :mrgreen:
I'm trying to, but I keep getting out bidded on E-bay.

Boinciel said:
Argus Filch in Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone (PC) always scared me. I thought he was going to eat me whenever I saw him.
Of course, this wasn't helped by playing Riven straight after.
You're kidding, right? Riven: The Sequel to Myst? HOW IN HECK was that scary?
My fear? Video game spiders. It always makes me feel like one is climbing up my neck. Even, not so much spiders as things with more than four legs. If any of you played Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, recall the Istanbul boss - the giant Kraken, that released jellyfish on you. You actually had to ZOOM IN on the idiot thing to aim at its eyes. *shudder*

When I was young, Andross in SF64 scared me.
So I had my dad fight him a lot.

This isn't really a secret. I told this story on IRC before.

A boss in rayman where you had to slide on the grass things, and you would have to hit the grass with your fists, and like green spikes, and he was try to eat you? scared the living crap out of me. my sister or dad had to beat it for me. (LAWL to the option for infinite money and living on paradise mini ending after boss though, about 6 years or so after words... (Lawl im still sorta scared of it)

i used to have nightmares of SUper mario bros sorta lol Mario was going through world 1-2, the underground zone, and all of a sudden a HUGE spider came out of nowhere and pin mario to a wall, handcuff him and thousands of tiny spiders would eat him slowly D: Scared me to heck

When I was little I would thrust my hand with the NES controller in the direction that Mario in any Super Mario Bros. game thinking it would help him when he made a jump. Also made the controller turn like a driver's wheel when playing racing games.
One last one. When I first tried Super Mario Bros. (about 5-6 years old) my cousins tricked me into thinking that if I jumped down into the bottom less holes I would get more points. I was REALLY mad at them after.

I too used to be afraid of the Redeads in OoT, I stopped playing for around a year(maybe earlier) after I got Adult Link because I thought there may have been Redeads in the Kokori (may have spelled that wrong) Forest, and the destroyed market was too much for me. However, after a while, I just decided to take a go anyway, and never got scared again.

Titanium said:
I too used to be afraid of the Redeads in OoT, I stopped playing for around a year(maybe earlier) after I got Adult Link because I thought there may have been Redeads in the Kokori (may have spelled that wrong) Forest, and the destroyed market was too much for me. However, after a while, I just decided to take a go anyway, and never got scared again.
I was scared of that too before.
One time in this Elmo game there is this make a face things and the mad faces scared me and I ran out of the room and told my mom to exit it. I did it several times.

I used to be terrified of the drowning tune in Sonic 1, and I always got my dad to complete the Labyrinth Zone as a result.

The zombie dogs in Resident Evil: Code Veronica X are just _fun_. I spend ages just running around them, getting bored then knifing an entire pack to death.

On that note, I insist on killing every zombie and dog with a knife. I took out 3 without getting damaged once in normal mode. Knife ftw.

Antiporcupine said:
Boinciel said:
Argus Filch in Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone (PC) always scared me. I thought he was going to eat me whenever I saw him.

No idea. I'm older now, so I forget what was actually scary in that.
That underwater mine cart was AWESOME, though. Took me a while to get into Ghen's (Or whatever his name was, I forget.) lab and figure out that the water was actually repelled by the heat rings, though.

Whenever S&K was released for the Genesis.. I'm sure most of the people have played through that game. Sky sanctuary as sonic, more or less, this was a long while ago.. Right after Hidden Palace, you defeat Knuckles in some strange fashion, I can't remember. Then Eggman jacks the master emerald. Knuckles sends you up to the Sky Sanctuary and extends the bridge, then just sits there, resting apparently.

I have no idea why, but several times over I kept crying over that to the point where I couldn't go on 'till I finally worked up the courage to go past him and continue on.

Boinciel said:
Antiporcupine said:
Boinciel said:

No idea. I'm older now, so I forget what was actually scary in that.
That underwater mine cart was AWESOME, though. Took me a while to get into Ghen's (Or whatever his name was, I forget.) lab and figure out that the water was actually repelled by the heat rings, though.
Wow if you still have that game post the screenshot of him. :P
I had part 2 of that game for playstation and it has bad graphics. Look at their hands!

To this day, I have not beaten Sonic 3 and Knuckles, mostly due to lack of motivation, and because Carnival Night Zone is a pain in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back