Your Dream Game

Chezi

Chili Dogs
I think everyone has that one type of game that they want to see come to fruition, even if it seems impossible. Personally, I’d like to see an actual Mario and Sonic crossover where platforming in their styles is the main gimmick. I think what should happen gameplay-wise is that Mario should play like he does in Bowser’s Fury or Odyssey and Sonic should play like whatever the current 3D style is (So boost right now). It could work in a 2 act system like Generations, but I’d really like to see how they interact with the other’s world. Imagine Mario getting a Fire Shield and then combing that with a triple jump for maximum height and distance and then Sonic getting a boomerang flower and then throwing a boomerang only to homing attack off of it to reach higher ground. There could even be some really cool story elements, like Robotnik making a Metal Mario that combats Mario’s jump height like how Metal Sonic combats Sonic’s speed or Sonic speeding through Bowser’s Castle to save Tails. There is a ton of potential with this sort of game, which is why I really want to see it happen in the future in an official way.

I'd love to see a mature pokemon game. The world of pokemon is so vast and beautiful, a more serious mainline game is my dream. I've already thought of the story, but I think it's pretty dumb. Basically for me the main character should be over 18, and the story is about an evil team who creates a mewtwo 2. However the Mewtwo 2 starts to think and makes the protagonist reflect on the actions of humanity towards pokemon and the world itself. The game would also have some time skips, or make the passage of time apparent, because I never got how an 11 year old could go from 0 to the champion of the region in just 20 hours.

I definitely have my own dream games, however, generally I eventually wind up attempting to actually make said game a reality. I wanted a Sonic 1 reimagining, and now me and friends are making that idea a reality.

I've also had ideas for a sort of Castlevania 3 reimagining, a Megaman 1 reimagining, and naturally some other misc. ideas (for example, a reimagining of Generation 1 in a more serious universe).

If we are going to talk about our wildest pipe dreams here, I might as well unload mine a bit.

Mega Man ZX 3 with proper metroidvania elements inspired by the likes of Metroid, Castlevania, Shantae, etc. including a proper metroidvania map system. I imagine it featuring Vent and Aile as returning protagonists with the player able to switch between the two of them at any time. Vent using Model Z, and Aile using Model X, both characters making use of movesets inspired by the X and Zero series with the player gaining access to more of these movesets as they defeat bosses. Instead of Overdrive, the player has access to a meter that allows whichever character the player is currently controlling to temporarily transform into the ZX form, making use of the entire combined movesets of both characters including an Air Dash for Model X and Double Jump for Model Z, as well as doing boosted damage for the duration.

As a balancing measure, the same meter that dictates whether you can transform into the ZX form and for how long would probably also be the meter you draw from to swap between Vent and Aile. In their base forms, I imagine Aile crawling faster and taking more knockback, and Vent climbing faster and taking reduced knockback. Additionally, Aile carries around a Buster she can shoot but not charge, while Vent carries around a Saber he can slash with but similarly not charge. The special mobility of base form allows for additional exploration such as crawling into narrow passages or up a ladder into a passage too narrow for bulky armor to pass through, but has overall drastically reduced combat ability without being completely helpless.

Instead of forms like Lx and Hx returning, I imagine elemental damage being done within the regular Model X and Z forms, as well as while in the ZX form. Model X functioning similar to Copy X in that you unlock elemental forms that change the element of your buster shots, and Model Z unlocking special moves such as the Ryuenjin and Hyouretsuzan. Specific attacks not only do bonus damage to bosses and minibosses, but can also be used to do away with obstacles for use exploring the world, both gaining access to new areas as well as finding hidden secrets within areas already discovered.

I'd love to see a mature pokemon game.
I don't think this would be a good idea because of many things but I agree about seeing a bigger and more abitious pokémon game (and Gamefreaks are just not capable of producing a AAA-tier game).

As for me it would be seeing a Phantasy Star game that is closer to the originals on the Genesis and Master System while retaining some elements of the Online ones (like the lobbies or any other interactions with other players around the world) without it being an online-only gacha-like game with a ton of cosmetics.

Last edited:
SRB2. but official
If SRB2 were an official Sonic game, I'd lose my mind.
srb2, but it censors the netgame's chat
it already does. at least in some servers. sometimes it does it TOO well...
This is supposed to be about games that don't exist that you do want to exist. Saying "SRB2 but official" derails the topic because that would lead into a discussion about why it can and cannot become official rather than a discussion about a game you want.

I think everyone has that one type of game that they want to see come to fruition, even if it seems impossible. Personally, I’d like to see an actual Mario and Sonic crossover where platforming in their styles is the main gimmick. I think what should happen gameplay-wise is that Mario should play like he does in Bowser’s Fury or Odyssey and Sonic should play like whatever the current 3D style is (So boost right now). It could work in a 2 act system like Generations, but I’d really like to see how they interact with the other’s world. Imagine Mario getting a Fire Shield and then combing that with a triple jump for maximum height and distance and then Sonic getting a boomerang flower and then throwing a boomerang only to homing attack off of it to reach higher ground. There could even be some really cool story elements, like Robotnik making a Metal Mario that combats Mario’s jump height like how Metal Sonic combats Sonic’s speed or Sonic speeding through Bowser’s Castle to save Tails. There is a ton of potential with this sort of game, which is why I really want to see it happen in the future in an official way.
I want this too.

I don't think this would be a good idea because of many things but I agree about seeing a bigger and more abitious pokémon game (and Gamefreaks are just not capable of producing a AAA-tier game).
I just want a pokémon game where the world is more realistic with consequences and good characters. I think the franchise has the potential to do that, but they always want to play safe.

I just want a pokémon game where the world is more realistic with consequences and good characters. I think the franchise has the potential to do that, but they always want to play safe.
This is what I thought you meant. Not, like, DOOM level of blood and gore in a Pokemon game, but more like if the direction of Black & White was taken to the extreme.

Capcom VS SNK 3. I will cry if Capcom VS SNK 3 ever becomes a thing, even more so if it has a tag team mode (As in, the VS style "Swap characters on the fly") as an option.

This is what I thought you meant. Not, like, DOOM level of blood and gore in a Pokemon game, but more like if the direction of Black & White was taken to the extreme.
Oh right, my bad then. I really thought that there were still fans who would unironically want a grimdark version of pokémon like we could see in the late 2000's (that era was filled with many edgy reboot when we think about it).

I'm glad Nintendo stayed true to themselves during that dark era (maybe except with Zelda Twilight Princess and Smash Bros Brawl but that's another subject).

A Pokémon game that stays family-friendly but doesn't pulls its punches with some more mature themes like we could see in Explorers of Time/Dark/Skies and BW/B2W2 (or even in several of the recent Kirby games) wouldn't be too bad when the series has troubles renewing itself.

Personally when it comes to Pokémon I'd love to see an action/RPG in the same vein of Pokémon Rumble but without the mechanical toy gimmick and more abilities to be able to pull out.

Oh right, my bad then. I really thought that there were still fans who would unironically want a grimdark version of pokémon like we could see in the late 2000's (that era was filled with many edgy reboot when we think about it).

I'm glad Nintendo stayed true to themselves during that dark era (maybe except with Zelda Twilight Princess and Smash Bros Brawl but that's another subject).

A Pokémon game that stays family-friendly but doesn't pulls its punches with some more mature themes like we could see in Explorers of Time/Dark/Skies and BW/B2W2 (or even in several of the recent Kirby games) wouldn't be too bad when the series has troubles renewing itself.

Personally when it comes to Pokémon I'd love to see an action/RPG in the same vein of Pokémon Rumble but without the mechanical toy gimmick and more abilities to be able to pull out.
that would be a good idea, an anime like that would also work because new anime is more like all bad probelems can be solved by just fight with pokemon, wouldent be to bad to see a pokemon game where someone dies not natural causes but something like being shot or something

It would be a good idea to take the pokemon games on a slightly more mature route for future games similar to the Black and White games, it could potentially be a good experience and the anime is already doing fine on it's own(Journeys episode 68 has gotten me hyped).

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back