You idiots think you're creative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Plushima

Princess of Dreams
Judge
Well you're NOT! I haven't seen an original sounding character in forever. You think I'm wrong? Then I defy you all to attempt and create one!

Yes, I am hosting a sort of contest here. The concept is simple, design a character, and PM a bio to me with the PM subject "Character Contest Entry" The bio should include, a name, description, brief history, and anything else you think is important. I will then take a preliminary (If I look at your character, and don't vomit, I'd say you're good to go) before posting all the bios in this topic. I then ask you, the good people of the SRB2 Forums, to vote on which character you think is the least crappy/best.

There are to be two separate categories. Completely original characters, to see who is the most creative, and fancharacters, to see who can do the best in a restricted environment. I'll accept fancharacters from any franchise, so long as it's nothing obscure. Note that bad recolors WILL fail the preliminary rounds.

The award shall be bragging rights, and I dunno, maybe a SOC commission or something.

The voting starts March 1st. So, go ahead, try your hands at this. You might not fail completely. Yaknow, maybe.

It sucks that about 98% of the people on this forum either have a randomly colored Sonic character, a stupid Chao, or for some reason a ninja hedgehog that controls lightning/fire/ice.

What a coinkydink. I've been typing up character Bios for my cavestory mod/rpgs. I'll send it to you sometime, but I'd really rather not reveal the character plot...

...Not that too many of you care, seeing as my mod's topic is left empty, and pushed down the page D:

By the by, my character =/= fancharacter, even though it started out as one with no bg story. Ironic, huh?

*types up Bio*

(edit) Would someone MAKE the winning character as a wad? O.o </Zeshiro spotlight>

My character has the ability to control all four elements. I call him Aang the Hedgechidna.

Actually that's one of my pet hates. Species mergers. Very lame.

Mines only light, he was never a recolour until silver came along, then again, he'd probabley be a recolour of sonic so...

light dasher said:
Mines only light, he was never a recolour until silver came along, then again, he'd probabley be a recolour of sonic so...

=/ It is but when did you made light?

Meet que teh ekidna, he can control fire and make you burn and runs at 1000000000 mph...

Beep.

The Dark Fox said:
wizard that controls elements.
Remove wizard, and put something else in there. Seriously, you really think wizards are characters who control elements? Most of the time, they control magic, not elements.

jrose05 said:
Bessie the Winged Cow

Story (still working on the story)

The government was genetic engineering cows to produce better milk. Project Angle Cow was one of the best subjects. A cow with big giant wing sticking out of its back. Its milk gave people super human ability. But the cow did not like being a lab rat. So one day she escapes from the lab and flew away. She flew for miles. Until she decided to rest on an open field. Meanwhile Dr. Robotnik was hacking the government’s computers and found out about the project angle cow. He also found out about her escape. Dr. Robotnik said out loud. With this cow's milk my machines will be unstoppable. So he set off to find that cow. So now she running away from the government while not trying to get caught by Dr. Robotnik.

Abilities
Flying (duh) and the ability to lay waste on to her enemies.

Vash said:
The Dark Fox said:
wizard that controls elements.
Remove wizard, and put something else in there. Seriously, you really think wizards are characters who control elements? Most of the time, they control magic, not elements.
Sometimes they do both.

I have a character! Not at all Sonic, video game, anime, or anything related. :D

Unfortunately, despite having a SORT of backstory, I'm not entirely set on the idea of posting it for some reason or another.

Essentially, it really is just me, adapted into a useable form in somesort of fantasy RP. I'm not too good with making characters.

But, yeah: Reiss, 16, male, naga. No special abilities whatsoever. Capable of self defense with a sword, or knife, but no expert and can be defeated a veteran with a little effort. One day I'll write up a backstory. One day.

(Oh, and no, this isn't the naga in my avatar.)

I just find "normal" characters more appealing than Tommy-testosterone or something.

lol... An insult to jump-start a contest... to prove you wrong. Creativity is hard to judge though, but it might be interesting to see how this turns out.

I've made a fancharacter, though recently its been more of rewriting official characters. I've made a few original characters a long time ago, but it would be easy to generalize any of them into a category. (come to think of it, most characters can be generalized)

Would contestants be allowed multiple entries?

Can't imagine why not. I'd prefer you don't submit an entire universe worth, but just a few unrelated characters are fine.

Anyways, remember entrants must be PMed to me to be valid. So far only one person's really entered.

I guess there can be one entry in each category by the same person, right?

EDIT: oh, just ignore this post. For some odd reason I skipped the post before the last X_X

First off, my original character. I'll only say what I need to say about him.
I plan to use him someday... maybe.

Name - Rante

Profile - King of a country. This country is dead now. Rante tries to restore it even though there really is nothing he can do.

Traits - Rante is very "royally" polite, even at times it isn't nessecary. Though, this gets him in trouble. He is actually a quiet person too, and doesn't seem to find much fear in anything. Rante, like all men, has trouble asking for simple help. Being King doesn't help this.

Race - Keylo ( Don't ask what it is, just imagine it to be whatever you want it to be)

Powers - Rante is really quite normal, with nothing really supernatural on his side most of his life. However, he was once given authority over a Glove, which could be used for fighting and solving puzzles. How so, isn't important. Use your imagination.

And my fancharacter, who belongs in the Sam & Max universe.

Name - Private Eye Ed

Profile - A serious, dark person who works as a Private Eye. He usually is trying to solve cases that Sam & Max are also trying to solve, which is a odd coincidence. He also has about no humor whatsoever.

Traits - Dark, quiet, but still quite good at his job. He thinks of himself as a "one man Mission Impossible team". He has his plans all perfectly timed out with the 30-some watches on his arms. He has quite the different personallity compared to Sam & Max, and he finds them to be the two most annoying people, or things, that he has ever meet. However Sam & Max find it amusing that they always are working on the same case as Ed.

Race - Human

Powers - Nothing, except a very good perception of time. He is also a genius, solving every puzzle in the most practical way.

I could of given you the backstories for these charcters, but none of them would be really interesting. Backstories tend to suck anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back