Would homebrewing my switch be logical?

It'sUrBoy!

“Is Very Cool And Awesome”
I dont have the money for another switch, and i kinda been wanting to homebrew my switch lately. But ive heard thats kinda risky but i really wanna play games like SRB2, Sonic 3 AIR, and the sm64 pc port on my switch.

I dont have the money for another switch, and i kinda been wanting to homebrew my switch lately. But ive heard thats kinda risky but i really wanna play games like SRB2, Sonic 3 AIR, and the sm64 pc port on my switch.
It’s not logical at all. You’ll be locked out from playing more official games, going online, and two of those games you mentioned are already on Switch. SRB2, I assume, you’ve already been playing, an enhanced port of Sonic 3&K is coming to Switch through the Origins collection, and SM64 exists through SM3DAS (although you might have trouble finding that). So don’t homebrew until you have a back up Switch

It depends on how much you value playing online, I guess. Since the Switch is still an actively supported console, you run the risk of your Nintendo account getting banned from online services. You can mitigate the risk by keeping all homebrew related stuff to an isolated emuNAND, but I personally find that too much of a hassle just for the ability to play homebrew ports of PC fangames and the like.

Tl;dr: If you literally have nothing to lose, go ahead. If not, don't bother for now.

It’s not logical at all. You’ll be locked out from playing more official games, going online, and two of those games you mentioned are already on Switch. SRB2, I assume, you’ve already been playing, an enhanced port of Sonic 3&K is coming to Switch through the Origins collection, and SM64 exists through SM3DAS (although you might have trouble finding that). So don’t homebrew until you have a back up Switch
Mario 64 in 3D all stars suck. And it's not been fully confirmed that s3&knuckles will be in widescreen like the other games.

Mario 64 in 3D all stars suck. And it's not been fully confirmed that s3&knuckles will be in widescreen like the other games.
It was fully confirmed that 3&K will be in widescreen. A higher up had tweeted right after the announcement that 3&K was going to be in widescreen and would be given the Whitehead treatment. I’m assuming that because it’s still indev, they didn’t have a product to show. There’s even a little disclaimer at the bottom that says “Footage from Original Game”

Also, SM64 in 3DAS is the same as any other official version of SM64. Grow up

It was fully confirmed that 3&K will be in widescreen. A higher up had tweeted right after the announcement that 3&K was going to be in widescreen and would be given the Whitehead treatment. I’m assuming that because it’s still indev, they didn’t have a product to show. There’s even a little disclaimer at the bottom that says “Footage from Original Game”

Also, SM64 in 3DAS is the same as any other official version of SM64. Grow up
Sm64 3Das is not in widescreen, still runs at 20 fps, and using the shindou version. It's not on sale anymore but they charged 60$ for it and I'm still kinda pissed about that to this day.
Post automatically merged:

I do have an SD card btw.

Sm64 3Das is not in widescreen, still runs at 20 fps, and using the shindou version. It's not on sale anymore but they charged 60$ for it and I'm still kinda pissed about that to this day.

I do have an SD card btw.
Idk what the SD card has to do about it, but the fact that Super Mario 64 is on the Switch at all is reason enough not to get the PC Port on it.

All this implies that you have a PC, which means you can play these games anyway, so I’m not sure why you’d want to essentially risk losing your Nintendo Account

Idk what the SD card has to do about it, but the fact that Super Mario 64 is on the Switch at all is reason enough not to get the PC Port on it.

All this implies that you have a PC, which means you can play these games anyway, so I’m not sure why you’d want to essentially risk losing your Nintendo Account
I said i had an sd card because u need that to homebrew right?

I wanna play these games on the go. And on my big TV.

I said i had an sd card because u need that to homebrew right?

I wanna play these games on the go. And on my big TV.
1. You don’t just put a game on there and it works on Switch. You literally have to download custom firmware
2. You can play these games on a laptop as well as connect a PC to a TV

You shouldn’t be homebrewing your Switch. That is my advice. The fact that you keep arguing against me makes me feel like I’m wasting my time because you aren’t listening

it's not been fully confirmed that s3&knuckles will be in widescreen like the other games.
I remember that the Social Media Manager said that Sonic 3 will be in widescreen, look

Attachments

• hmhmhmh.png
    hmhmhmh.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 84
Mario 64 is a masterpiece, it doesn't suck...
I dont mean mario 64 (the game itself sucks) i mean that i wish they did a little better when porting the game to the switch. Dont get me wrong i LOVE mario 64 but they could have done better when porting the game.

1. You don’t just put a game on there and it works on Switch. You literally have to download custom firmware
2. You can play these games on a laptop as well as connect a PC to a TV

You shouldn’t be homebrewing your Switch. That is my advice. The fact that you keep arguing against me makes me feel like I’m wasting my time because you aren’t listening
Yes i know that.

I remember that the Social Media Manager said that Sonic 3 will be in widescreen, look
Oh really? Wow i never even heard that news yet! Thanks for telling me!

I dont mean mario 64 (the game itself sucks) i mean that i wish they did a little better when porting the game to the switch. Dont get me wrong i LOVE mario 64 but they could have done better when porting the game.
Mario 64 doesn't suck... What's wrong with you?

Yes i know that.

Oh really? Wow i never even heard that news yet! Thanks for telling me!
Ok, not even gonna acknowledge that I brought up the fact that 3&K was going to be in widescreen. As for SM64, they didn’t really have to do anything more. It’s just running emulation and they cleaned up a whole lotta textures. It doesn’t need to be in Widescreen simply because it wasn’t built for it. And don’t give me that shit about how the PC Port handles Widescreen fine, they had to rebuild it to work directly on PC

Mario 64 doesn't suck... What's wrong with you?
I dont think mario 64 sucks!!!!! Let me try to explain this another way :dramahog: when they ported the game to the switch i wish it wasnt the shindou version and i wish it was in widescreen or atleast running at a higher fps. Mario 64 is a good game but the port on switch could have been better. The game is still good

Ok, not even gonna acknowledge that I brought up the fact that 3&K was going to be in widescreen. As for SM64, they didn’t really have to do anything more. It’s just running emulation and they cleaned up a whole lotta textures. It doesn’t need to be in Widescreen simply because it wasn’t built for it. And don’t give me that shit about how the PC Port handles Widescreen fine, they had to rebuild it to work directly on PC
And games from that era aren't made to be played like that (just look at how you see the edge of the skybox in SA2's opening).

I'd say that the original S3&K was already great by itself.

Im just saying it could have been better :worry:

I dont think mario 64 sucks!!!!! Let me try to explain this another way :dramahog: when they ported the game to the switch i wish it wasnt the shindou version and i wish it was in widescreen or atleast running at a higher fps. Mario 64 is a good game but the port on switch could have been better. The game is still good
The Shnidou version is literally the best version of the game. You can't say it's bad because they removed a major glitch and changed a voice line to be consistent with the region it was released for

The Shnidou version is literally the best version of the game. You can't say it's bad because they removed a major glitch and changed a voice line to be consistent with the region it was released for
Thats my opinion and thats your opinion. None of this is fact. Can we all just come to a agreement and a conclusion please? :devastation:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back