Wizard Model Edit (player.zip) OpenGL

Status
Not open for further replies.
EMPEROR METALLIX said:
Yes!
We are always chatting about the gameing world, and she also told me I might be able to get an actual job at sonic team as soon as I graduate, or maybe even sooner!

If ya do, get ST to make a classic 2-D Sonic on GC.

Why would I want them to do that?
And why would they listen to me like that, the gamecube is obsolete and the world has moved on to 3-D!!!
(Also the second messenger button in that screen shot, thats her)

Perhaps a 2D Sonic game with 3D graphics. Still the exact same flat gameplay, but re-vamped just like NiGHTS. Also Light Dasher? Will you ever release your official models?

I can't figure out how to work blender. All I can do is add those freakin' simple models, but I can't create my own meshes.

Sky Ninja said:
I can't figure out how to work blender. All I can do is add those freakin' simple models, but I can't create my own meshes.

I've got some Blender hints, if anyone needs them.

1. Pressing E will "extrude" vertices, edges, or faces. Pressing shift+D will duplicate whatever you have selected. Alt+M will give you several options for merging vertices together. Pressing Y will "split" vertices, i.e. select part of an object, hit Y, and that part will separate from the rest. The P button will split off pieces like the Y button, but it will make the piece a separate object.

2. In Edit mode, go to the Mesh menu, go up to Vertices, and hit Remove Doubles. That will get rid of any vertice that happen to be in the exact same place as another.

3. Hold CTRL when manipulating objects to snap them to predetermined units. This is VERY useful for exact rotating.

4. Hit the N button to pull up a Transform Properties menu. This can help get objects, vertices, etc. exactly where you want them. Also, go to the View menu and select View Properties. That will help you keep track of the 3D cursor.

If you need any more tips, PM me.

o.k, this may sound stupid, but... what the hell is open GL or whatever it is?! is it that thing that you use to put in wad files before you start to play or what. Also, what console are you talking about?

darkness claw said:
o.k, this may sound stupid, but... what the hell is open GL or whatever it is?! is it that thing that you use to put in wad files before you start to play or what. Also, what console are you talking about?
Haven't we told you this crap before?

Meh, I made my own Skin just for the fun of it.

playlm7.png

sonicthehedgehog/gsonic said:
heres my sonic just to splash it in.

I wonder how long it took you to make that?

um..i've seen lots of models, but no download links, can the makers(if the model is finished)please post a link so others can use them?

ok, i'm with ya so far, but i'm not too sure about how to get it. is it something that i need to download? (If so, please tell me where to get it) Or should it be installed on my computer allready? Also i did a search on my computer for it and some results included: unknown applications and stuff like botanic serenity, now when i open up the unknown application, lots of retarded letters and stuff appear, but when i open the botanic serenity thingy this wierd black screen that is titled "System 32" appears and dissapears within one second. i'm pretty sure that it's something i need to download. like i said before: If i need to download it, please tell me where to get it!

No you don't need to download OpenGL. Your SRB2 already has a DLL file that tells your graphics card how to render SRB2 in OpenGL.

All you need to to www.srb2.org and download the SRB2 NetLauncher and stick it in your SRB2 folder. You can use that to play in OpenGL mode by ticking the OpenGL checkbox.

What the launcher does in this case is it tells SRB2 to execute the alternate OpenGL Render instead of the standard Software Renderer.

OpenGL isn't officially supported by Sonic Team Jr so you'll get a message saying what I just said. Some graphical effects will be broken like transitions, skies and light/colormaps, but there is some features that aren't in software like being independent to the pallette, and of course custom models once you download them.

If you get a really slow speed and/or a blue-green tinge then OpenGL doesn't work on your graphics card.

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work and you shouldn't bother.

GOD IM SICK OF EVERYONE SAYING "how do i add a model? omg it no work" YOU DON'T ADD IT,

STEP 1
Make a folder In the SRB2 Folder And name it MD2
STEP 2
Put the models in The Folder (not srb2 folder, in the MD2 folder)
STEP 3
Make a text document in the srb2 folder, type in, PLAY (whatever the model is called) 0.3 0.0
STEP 4
save the text document and save it as MD2.DAT, not MD2.DAT.TXT
STEP 5
Open up OGL model and type in the console, GR_MD2 ON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back