• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

WIP: The Ghoul's Forest 3 - SRB2 Edition (Looking for coders)

Slowly chipping away progress at porting the main map. I was inspired to make this considering my first horror game experience was that old port of Ghoul 2 by Nev3r back for 1.09. I'm not exactly the best coder, and I had to compromise making new object entities for the decorations and just reskinning existing ones from the vanilla game. (not that it matters much) I imagine with the power of LUA, porting the Ghouls should be easier than before. Heck, I was heavily impressed by that one extensive Purple Heart boss fight in SUGOI for 2.1.

The only real hassle I'm having with porting the map over is the fact that I have to reassign every once-sloped linedef for the GZDoom format to SRB2's through SLADE. It's time consuming, but I've made a fair bit of progress fixing most of the trees.

Attachments

• srb20011.png
    srb20011.png
    593.1 KB · Views: 312
  • srb20012.png
    srb20012.png
    561.1 KB · Views: 253
  • srb20013.png
    srb20013.png
    708 KB · Views: 189
  • srb20014.png
    srb20014.png
    609.4 KB · Views: 216
Thanks to Nev3r for posting ports of his old ghouls from an unreleased 2.1 wad in the SRB2 official discord. They're still a bit buggy and I want to touch them up to accommodate combat platforming more but both are beatable. Made the map a bit brighter too as well, just for those who had trouble seeing anything before, especially in software.

I also met a potential coder through discord who can hopefully help me actually finish this.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back