Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did download Vista, but I don't really like what I"ve seen so far.

..I haven't seen much really, but it broke OpenGL so I now hate it. x_x

Shuffle said:
I did download Vista, but I don't really like what I"ve seen so far.

..I haven't seen much really, but it broke OpenGL so I now hate it. x_x

**** it, then.

I'm not trying to troll. I'm trying to give logical reason to show why I dislike it and its features. I just feel like it doesn't have any good new features to offer.

Plenty of reasons to hate Vista. Broken OpenGL, high CPU usage GUI, strong-arm "DRM" enforcement that forbids region-free DVD players and MP3/OGG ripping. I will never upgrade...

____WINDOWS VISTA____
NEW FEATURES:
- Better bloating of applications
- OpenGL 50% slower
- Direct3D 0.0001% faster
- Better integration with viruses, trojans, spyware and adware.
- Ability to receive personalized ads from Claria(R), our affiliate
- Multi-user mode (without permissions)
- P2P integrated into the OS (Vistazaa)
- Automatic warez download (from www.microsoft.com/jakezov/pirate/warez)
- Windows Media Player replaced with Disney Player (the default skin is the one with Winnie the Pooh(TM) )
- Added ten funny backdoors. Go and discover :P
- Bill Gates easter egg
- Pictures now are more dark.
- And much more...

So, why wait? Go to your nearest computer shop and buy Windows Vista(TM)! :P

I copied this Windows Vista ad from a journal. Seriously, you can surely guess that this a fake :P

Tails92 is totally right. I can't wait to go buy a quantum computer and Windows Vista to get all of those features!

Seriously, Microsoft's strategy is crap. I mean, instead of releasing for computers that exist and upgrade as computers become faster, they release an operating system with half of its code being:
fork();
And the other half being:
malloc(0xDEADBEEF); /* Hehe... Dead beef. Hehe... */

Then everyone has to wait for 6.0Ghz 64 bit systems with 8GiB of registered DDR to be standard just to run the thing without having to eat at the soup kitchen afterwards.

All the Free operating systems release early, release often, and it works. Microsoft releases seldom, late, and in big blobs.

Call me a zealot, but I prefer my freedom to modify software as I like, to use it as I like, to choose, more than having better virus integration.

Nick

Talking about virus integration... I still remember when a part of the source code of Windows was made public (ideal for viruses)... As you see, the security in Microsoft is the worse...

Well, nobody has had the guts to respond for some time now, so I suppose it's safe to say that Windows Vista has been thoroughly owned.

Nick

Or that we're sick and tired of fueling unecessary flamewars.

Seriously, while all the anti-Windows talk irks me, we ARE allowed to have differing opinions. Just as I can make a two-million-page-long rant about why it's better and you won't listen, your arguments (which mostly strike me as pretty stupid arguments anyway) don't impact us. Hardly "owned" anything, I say, just a differing opinion (mixed in with some crude jokes attacking a popular target).

So, really, how about you STOP the ego trip and just shut up? Please? I'm being nice here.

*Sigh* While I suppose everyone is free to like his/her operating system, I simply enjoy having the freedom to look at the code, to see what I'm running, and all that stuff. I'm not an MS hater or a Linux zealot. I just enjoy Free software (and the operating systems which are free software, like GNU/Linux and the BSDs), and MS is working against my goals by making everything proprietary.

I agree. Let's stop with the flamewars. I don't know what made me want to make that last post.

Nick

I use Windows only because the majority of people use Windows and then the majority of software is for Windows. But I use Win98 instead of WinXP for use some DOS programs (yes, I have DOS programs).

PS: Nick, that number in your post counter is bad luck. (13)

nick said:
Well, nobody has had the guts to respond for some time now, so I suppose it's safe to say that Windows Vista has been thoroughly owned.

Nick

What's the reason of posting such message? Seems that you are trolling.
What you can expect from that? That all the people will use Linux or OS X?
Forgot that.
And Windows Vista Beta2 is not yet released, so you can't judge it at this moment.

Sik said:
PS: Nick, that number in your post counter is bad luck. (13)
In Italy is the inverse. 13 is good luck.

Linux is a great operating system. However, it still lacks the main thing that I look for in an operating system: All the applications that I use run natively in Windows. Yes, I could use Wine to run all my applications, but what would be the point? I'd be running an instance of Windows under Linux whenever I used the computer, when I could just run Windows instead.

Yes, that means I'm supporting the evil empire, but in recent years the evil empire has been doing a lot better. Windows XP is very stable, and while I have to reformat every once in a while, it's better than having to run all of my applications through Wine.

I'll stick to Windows until Linux actually natively supports applications that I need to run, which considering most of the applications I use were made around 1995, will probably be never.

There are alternative applications that run in Linux, and I must say that they might be just a little better. Plus, most (if not all) of them are free.

Office = OpenOffice.org
Paint, Photoshop, Imager, InfranView, PhotoEditor = GIMP
Fromtpage, Dreamweaver, Word = Scribus
Notepad, Word, WordPad = Notepad++

Everything that you could possibly need is built right in to the system. Sure, there aren't many games on Linux, but what there are are usually funner, in my opinion. Besides, SRB2 can be ported to linux, and that's pretty much all you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back