Windows 7, everything Vista was meant to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we would ignore you.

JigglyWiggly said:
I respect copyright infringement

'sides, I respect copyright infringement too, that's why I do it pretty much all the time and rarely pay for a piece of software unless it's a game.

lol1 u muts dye 4 download it.

Seriously,omg he got a free beta.....its not that bad.

Also if I download it,do I just install it on my Vista and its good to go?

JigglyWiggly said:
I respect copyright infringement, and I have good relations with Microsoft. I could certainly ask for this thread to be removed.

You can ask, but it's not happening.

Autosaver said:
Also if I download it,do I just install it on my Vista and its good to go?

Actually, it's an entirely new OS in beta form, meaning it's probably slightly unstable, so I would just partition it instead of overwriting vista in case something goes wrong.

Cue said:
And we would ignore you.

JigglyWiggly said:

'sides, I respect copyright infringement too, that's why I do it pretty much all the time and rarely pay for a piece of software unless it's a game.
Dun hate boy, when your ISP catches you torrenting and get your parents in trouble, that's awesome and you are a kid. Unless you use usenet nntps. Torrenting is for women.

JigglyWiggly said:
Cue said:
And we would ignore you.

JigglyWiggly said:

Dun hate boy, when your ISP catches you torrenting and get your parents in trouble, that's awesome and you are a kid. Unless you use usenet nntps. Torrenting is for women.

Right, because my ISP are obviously going to actually notice that out of the millions upon millions of customers they have, I'm illegally downloading a few things. 'sides, nobody is losing money over it so I doubt they'd care. Torrenting is for women? Are you actually going to start being sexist now...?

I personally love the new taskbar. Our displays have been getting more an more space with more and more pixels, and the bar hasn't gotten any bigger. It's not as if 6 pixels of extra space is gonna make all that much of a difference, anyways. And if you reaaaally are THAT damn picky, you can just set it to one of the other themes.
On a different note, my favorite (though incredibly useless) feature so far is to have a slideshow for a background picture. Was that in Vista, too? If it was, I never noticed it.

Windows 7 build 7000, which leaked less than two weeks ago, has a data corruption issue when playing back MP3s using Windows Media Player 12. The problem only happens under the following circumstances: the first few seconds of an MP3 file will be cut if the header of the mp3 file is larger than 16 kilobytes and if metadata is written to the file. The corruption will occur either when the user edits the metadata from inside WMP12 or Explorer, or if WMP12 is set to automatically fill in missing metadata using the online service.

The changes are irreversible, so if you plan on playing back your MP3s with WMP12, make sure to back up your music library. Microsoft is currently hard at work readying a Quick Fix Engineering (QFE) patch that will be distributed by Windows Update. A Microsoft employee has confirmed the bug and said that the company will be addressing the problem in the beta program. While many builds have leaked so far, most beta testers still haven't received builds to test.

This is probably the most serious bug that has been discovered in Windows 7 build 7000, which is quite good if you remember that this is a leaked build. Otherwise, build 7000 has been working surprisingly well. Nevertheless, if you haven't tried buid 7000 yet, I would recommend that you wait until the public beta Microsoft is expected to put up during CES 2009, which starts later this week.

http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2009/01/05/warning-wmp12-beta-could-corrupt-your-mp3s

Cue said:
JigglyWiggly said:
Cue said:
And we would ignore you.

JigglyWiggly said:

Right, because my ISP are obviously going to actually notice that out of the millions upon millions of customers they have, I'm illegally downloading a few things. 'sides, nobody is losing money over it so I doubt they'd care. Torrenting is for women? Are you actually going to start being sexist now...?
Right, you do realize anti piracy folks (RIAA etc) are moving to isps, it is so easy to catch torrenting. Don't think just because you enabled encryption in your favorite torrent app and put peer guardian on is going to save you. All that does is just make it look less like BT.

JigglyWiggly said:
Right, you do realize anti piracy folks (RIAA etc) are moving to isps, it is so easy to catch torrenting.
And you do realize how much that's going to fail, right?

Seriously, Cue knows a hell of a lot more than you think he does. He's sure as hell not a kid, so stop acting like he is one.

On the topic of Win. 7... heh, It's looking like MS is learning from their mistake that was Vista. I might actually consider getting it; it seems to be looking pretty good from what I've heard thus far.

It certainly looks faster and cooler than Vista and XP. I just hope it won't have any problems with SRB2 and associated programs.

JigglyWiggly said:
Right, you do realize anti piracy folks (RIAA etc) are moving to isps, it is so easy to catch torrenting. Don't think just because you enabled encryption in your favorite torrent app and put peer guardian on is going to save you. All that does is just make it look less like BT.

Do you actually have any idea what you're going on about...? Torrenting is not illegal, so they can't just go attacking anyone without looking at what they're actually torrenting which would require more than just some fancy piece of software, they'd have to get someone to actually look at the data being torrented.

I think that torrenting in itself isn't illegal, but torrenting copyrighted material which costs money is illegal.

I haven't been around much recently, but after reading the absolute nonsense going on in this thread, I felt I had to post. First, let me just get this off my chest...
JigglyWiggly said:
loooooool

Moving on, Bittorrent is nothing more than a file transfer protocol. It is not inherently illegal, regardless of what the RIAA and MPAA want you to think. With that said, the Bittorrent argument can only go downhill from here. I suggest it end now.

JigglyWiggly, you can go cry to Microsoft all you want that a Windows 7 pre-release is being distributed, but you'll only be wasting everyone's time. Furthermore, we personally have nothing to do with it, and are not obliged to lock any thread pertaining to discussion of it.

Tets said:
I haven't been around much recently, but after reading the absolute nonsense going on in this thread, I felt I had to post. First, let me just get this off my chest...
JigglyWiggly said:
loooooool

Moving on, Bittorrent is nothing more than a file transfer protocol. It is not inherently illegal, regardless of what the RIAA and MPAA want you to think. With that said, the Bittorrent argument can only go downhill from here. I suggest it end now.

JigglyWiggly, you can go cry to Microsoft all you want that a Windows 7 pre-release is being distributed, but you'll only be wasting everyone's time. Furthermore, we personally have nothing to do with it, and are not obliged to lock any thread pertaining to discussion of it.
I was being totally serious. -_-

Cue said:
JigglyWiggly said:

Do you actually have any idea what you're going on about...? Torrenting is not illegal, so they can't just go attacking anyone without looking at what they're actually torrenting which would require more than just some fancy piece of software, they'd have to get someone to actually look at the data being torrented.
Sigh, when your parents get in trouble, it's your fault. It's so easy to sniff it's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back