Why does everyone hate the srb2 gamebanana?

The Workshop is not comparable in that sentence, the people there take joy in committing content theft out of spite. Having something you worked hard on for over a year stolen without your permission is neither fun nor harmless. A Pizza Tower sound pack is not comparable to a character with 200+ sprites.

“Why hate something if it’s not bothering you.”

I think you should read this sentence again. Clearly it bothers us if we dislike it so much.
lol, why did you have the pizza tower ost mod as a point like I'm just bring it up because funni
it's not that serious
Post automatically merged:

And if other people hate it and say it's bad, you have your opinion.
FACTS

lol, why did you have the pizza tower ost mod as a point like I'm just bring it up because funni
it's not that serious

FACTS
Respect.

Also, a little robber stole someone's models and titled them "my models" despite theft.

Honestly, I don't know why people SRB2 gamebanana, all it does is have low quality mods and my Pizza Tower OST mod like I mean, why hate something if it's not bothering you or anybody (just like workshop imo)
yea there is no reason even when its a bit annoying when you have to see only pizza tower i played one of the mods and its good it makes normal sonic better than being morden sonic - the homeing power
Honestly, I don't know why people SRB2 gamebanana, all it does is have low quality mods and my Pizza Tower OST mod like I mean, why hate something if it's not bothering you or anybody (just like workshop imo)

Random accusations of bigotry? Opinions aside, personal attacks like that can't just come out of nowhere in an unrelated thread. Be civil.
I mean the workshop as unlike game banana, the workshop actively encourages port legging and will not take down stolen mods even when the actual author requests it.
you are one of the biggest bigots I ever had the displeasure of knowing.
and I looked up to you, and believed your side of the story when it came to Mystic, but you're bad in your own right.
A person using their notoriety and popularity to promote hate on others who aren't like us.

And the true problem is revealed, no one can avoid workshop. they have overlapping users and mods. you would have to avoid mods from the message board to avoid workshop.
you keep up these old and rotting standers despite most likely knowing the sites hatred is from those who think they are better than the other. this hate is from both sides.
our ideas clash. your idea of stolen is when someone makes a no longer functioning mod and translates it to work on newer hardware.
My idea of stolen Is tied to the Idea Alone, if my art were stolen and put on a shirt, I would be upset about how my character was stolen not that my art was.
the Idea of bringing something back from a forgotten time should not be such a controversial topic, the only part you have solid ground to this is that it IS wrong that workshop keeps bootleg ports despite the creators wanting otherwise.

Look... you can forget about all that I said but at least keep this next part...
we don't live forever, and neither will this fangame, it will get to a point where it won't need updates, then eventually any and all characters under the sun will be added, and there will be nothing left make. people will start making characters others already made leaving all three sites to lack any variety, people move on and find new things, maybe the cycle resets when someone makes a sonic fangame built off the source engine.
it's 2064 and I recently became 60 and srb2 is celebrating its 70th anniversary and farewell, the event hosted every minigame ever made on the game from ring slinger to thoker, from battle to chaos mode, from pizza time to minecart racing. It was all here, and it was great. the final ranking and the ranking of the individual minigames were shown on screen, it then played the end credits, including everyone who played a role in the game and fanbase. and ended with one final "thank you" the game then crashed with the error message being "the end". both the workshop and message Bord deactivated a month later, and the legacy came to an end. a passion project that gained notoriety and went to become one of the best sonic fangames left on a high note. It may had some growing pains, but it never was awful. (except for maybe Mystic, but he was a jerk)

I'm not going to add a "I want this fanbase to succeed" bullshit because Its sink or swim and we are the titan submersible If this Us vs them mentality keeps up. so, either we come to an understanding and set boundaries for what can and can't be ported or accept the inevitable death of srb2 that can still be avoided, no one will listen to me and that's ok. I joined in 2021 thinking the fanbase was wonderful, boy was I wrong, being here undid almost any progress I made in becoming a better person. I'm only staying to host the Afton mod, Level making and posting stuff in the Cursed image forum. website is website. there is a chance for a better future but I'm not betting on it.

and I looked up to you, and believed your side of the story when it came to Mystic, but you're bad in your own right.
A person using their notoriety and popularity to promote hate on others who aren't like us.

And the true problem is revealed, no one can avoid workshop. they have overlapping users and mods. you would have to avoid mods from the message board to avoid workshop.
you keep up these old and rotting standers despite most likely knowing the sites hatred is from those who think they are better than the other. this hate is from both sides.
our ideas clash. your idea of stolen is when someone makes a no longer functioning mod and translates it to work on newer hardware.
My idea of stolen Is tied to the Idea Alone, if my art were stolen and put on a shirt, I would be upset about how my character was stolen not that my art was.
the Idea of bringing something back from a forgotten time should not be such a controversial topic, the only part you have solid ground to this is that it IS wrong that workshop keeps bootleg ports despite the creators wanting otherwise.

Look... you can forget about all that I said but at least keep this next part...
we don't live forever, and neither will this fangame, it will get to a point where it won't need updates, then eventually any and all characters under the sun will be added, and there will be nothing left make. people will start making characters others already made leaving all three sites to lack any variety, people move on and find new things, maybe the cycle resets when someone makes a sonic fangame built off the source engine.
it's 2064 and I recently became 60 and srb2 is celebrating its 70th anniversary and farewell, the event hosted every minigame ever made on the game from ring slinger to thoker, from battle to chaos mode, from pizza time to minecart racing. It was all here, and it was great. the final ranking and the ranking of the individual minigames were shown on screen, it then played the end credits, including everyone who played a role in the game and fanbase. and ended with one final "thank you" the game then crashed with the error message being "the end". both the workshop and message Bord deactivated a month later, and the legacy came to an end. a passion project that gained notoriety and went to become one of the best sonic fangames left on a high note. It may had some growing pains, but it never was awful. (except for maybe Mystic, but he was a jerk)

I'm not going to add a "I want this fanbase to succeed" bullshit because Its sink or swim and we are the titan submersible If this Us vs them mentality keeps up. so, either we come to an understanding and set boundaries for what can and can't be ported or accept the inevitable death of srb2 that can still be avoided, no one will listen to me and that's ok. I joined in 2021 thinking the fanbase was wonderful, boy was I wrong, being here undid almost any progress I made in becoming a better person. I'm only staying to host the Afton mod, Level making and posting stuff in the Cursed image forum. website is website. there is a chance for a better future but I'm not betting on it.
Bro you need to see a therapist if an SRB2 message board is making you feel like you are a worse person. Chill out, this isn't a healthy response

i think the reason is cause too much pizza tower there is less of that than normal mods and if your looking for pizza tower mods for srb2 go to game banana

i think the reason is cause too much pizza tower there is less of that than normal mods and if your looking for pizza tower mods for srb2 go to game banana

I actually hate it cause theres too much mods that were made by like 5 year olds, stolen mods + theres also a kaldrum's model pack stolen which is named "my models" 💀 💀

remember gamebanana shadow
this intrigues me... ...because shadows flames crash the game in record attack. it loads with warnings though.
Bro you need to see a therapist if an SRB2 message board is making you feel like you are a worse person. Chill out, this isn't a healthy response
I have tried on multiple occasions, but something happens the makes sure that it doesn't happen.
usually, it's either cost or they just don't want to.

That drama is entirely unrelated and shame on you for bringing it here. It was in the past, an infraction was carried out, and an appeal was accepted. It's in the past.

Also, the Workshop bans all LGBT+ content altogether. If that's your concern (which it should be), you shouldn't be using that site.

Also, the Workshop bans all LGBT+ content altogether. If that's your concern (which it should be), you shouldn't be using that site
that is a pretty good reason to not use the site. plus, I don't really use it anyway.
but mind you, workshop is a Russian site. I bet they would be shut down immediately if they had LGBT+ content due to how Russian law is against it.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back