Which is your favorite Shield?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all forget a shield that is technically a shield but isn't seen or called as such usually. The Invincibility Shield. Invincibility has never stopped being awesome.

Honestly, Whirlwind and Water, because they are the most useful for Sonic's speed. If you have to venture underwater, you always have to search for bubbles, but with the water sheild, you don't, and you can just keep speeding to the finish. The whirlwind's double jump allows Sonic to reach heights he otherwise would not be able to, which helps for creating shortcuts and other sorts of tactics.

Mystic said:
Personally, I'm quite a fan of the Whirlwind Shield, myself. The amount of versatility the shield gives you is phenomenal. Double jump just gives you so many tactics you wouldn't otherwise have access to.
And when you're playing as a character with a double jump ability, triple jump is fun!

Segmint said:
Honestly, Whirlwind and Water, because they are the most useful for Sonic's speed. If you have to venture underwater, you always have to search for bubbles, but with the water sheild, you don't, and you can just keep speeding to the finish. The whirlwind's double jump allows Sonic to reach heights he otherwise would not be able to, which helps for creating shortcuts and other sorts of tactics.

Armageddon Shield helps most too for Sonic, because if loads of enemies get in his way, you can just nuke 'em, and keep speeding.

Problem with that is is that it's totally uncontrollable. You could land on a Crawla and find yourself into the pits.

Mouselook? Strafe? Backtrack? They all slow you down/change direction while thoking.

Seriously, it's like you haven't even played SRB2 yet.

Segmint said:
Um, isn't that what thok is for? You're basically invincible while going 60 in the air.

I meant most flying enemies too. Take jettysyns as an example.

You bole them over, and continue going. The only exeptions to that which can't be killed by spinning are obstacles, that are also immune to the armegedon.

Whirlwind shield. It's great jumping over someone and shooting at them with a rail ring or something.

CTF/Match: Whirlwind/Attraction
Single Player/Co-op: Attraction/Armageddon

If the flame shield left bigger flames, It'd rule single play/co-op

My overall favourite shields are Armageddon and Fire sheilds, because I can attack large amount of people in one area in match netgames (also CTF).

The fire shield I can do a move called Flame Slide. As Sonic, get a fire shield, and jump, and use the speed thok then, as soon as you hit the ground, hit the spin dash button to roll to make huge rows of flames. It's handy in match games ;).

Inferno. No question. It is ESPECIALLY my favorite in match, seeing as the flame can last a little while, but its weakness in water putting it out makes me sad. *shot*

Dark Angel said:
Inferno. No question. It is ESPECIALLY my favorite in match, seeing as the flame can last a little while, but its weakness in water putting it out makes me sad. *shot*

Kinda of saying the same thing about the attraction shield. But it doesn't have any ability to attack other players which kinda sucks, as well as a handy ring magnet. Maybe a special attack for the attraction shield or something, just like the fire shield (Inferno) would be nice.

The only purpose of that item is so you can drain all the Rings from the map untill your partners get easily killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back