What's your favourite multiplayer gametype?

Mr.RustySoup

Am I a soup or am I a rust?
Even though i've been on the master server sparsely, i've really found a fondness for Race (Circuit in particular). I appreciate how your encouraged to discover the optimal way to navigate the terrain on each lap which felt unique from something like Sonic R because SRB2's physics accommodate fast reaction times, flexible movements and tighter turns by virtue of being a platformer.
srb20013.gif

My favourite circuit servers are usually loaded with a bunch of addons, the custom characters really shine through because their movesets are heavily recontextualized in a competitive setting. I always enjoyed frantically figuring out what moves i can play to my advantage because I felt like I was rewarded for it with a victory lap where I breeze through the map and nail each input. At the end of the laps, you get a breather before everyone catches up and I can remember some casual banter after trying to be good at the videogame, which could be applied to most multiplayer gametypes but I don't care >:v
srb20018.gif

Another reason I love circuit is that in my own experiences, lag isn't as much an issue because maps usually have room for hiccups and aren't too big with them being loops and all. Level design in the abundance of the Circuit maps I've played were very engaging, testing my skills with the risk of losing time if you slip up, which I found pleasently suprising because I've usually heard the idea that Circuit is dead.
While certainly less popular compared to other gametypes, the gameplay loop of optimizing your lap is intrinsically fun for me.

Battle and all the match gametypes(excluding H&S)
Even though i suck at them and get angry at times heheh-
Is still rewarding landing a rail shot to a pro player over there and its just fun for me in the average
Trying over and over again to git gud and better

Tag and Race. They’re hella fun. Though I dislike Battle (sorry Battle enjoyers).

Circuit is also my favourite gametype. I've made a few maps for it which are hosted on srb2circuit.eu, and I'd like to make more once UDMF implementation is finished up.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back