What would you do if there was a new character added?

SIG7Pro

I hate my life.
What would you do if there was a new character added? Like, (I don't know) Mickey Mouse or DoomGuy.

What would you think they would look like or how they would play?

Note to mods this isn't asking what if a new character was added or asking for a new one, just to see what would people do.

i would... play as the new character

possibly enjoy it

i'm not sure what else you'd think people would do

dont use it because i only use sonic
even if it was the entire cast of

If a seventh playable character was added, I would question why the SRB2 dev team chose to do that. Six characters is already a lot to juggle, as many team members have said.

even if it was the entire cast of

no

i would not

They could add a new character I wouldn't mind but 6 is already enough honestly (without counting Sonic alone as a different one).

If we ever get a 7th one they could do something like the emerald color.

I think the seventh character should be Mighty or Ray. (If the abilities won't be based on the Mania ones, it'll be perfect.)

If there was a 7th character, I'd question why STJr wants to torture itself so much: it's already a pain balancing maps around the 6 characters present.

Also, if they did add a 7th character, they should totally reference how Robotnik was originally planned to be an unlockable character during the early planning phases of SRB2 and just add Robotnik as a unlockable character.

I'll be honest for one minute: we got so many high quality mods and an actual API to load them when you start the game that we basically have the entire MB roster as the 7th character available.

Mighty and Ray would be cool as they're emblematic of the Classic era.

I agree with Icarus’ sentiment. There is really no point in making a 7th character because we have people making them.

Although I don’t quite understand the having to build and balance levels around the new character. Tails uses Sonic’s routes and Fang, Amy, and Metal all pretty much go the same way. They could just make a character that has a cool ability (Like most custom characters do) and then maybe add a section or two to make their route a little more unique

While a new character could be made to simply take the main paths through the levels, this doesn't really seem like something that would be worth adding as an official new roster slot. If another character were to be added, it should be a character that justifies their inclusion through at least somewhat unique gameplay and ability to deviate from the main path. That said, given the already existing Tails and Knuckles paths and etc, it might be possible to design such a character that is capable of getting into such alternate pathways in a way that's not too overpowered, is fun to play, and different enough from the rest of the cast to justify their inclusion.

Such a thing really shouldn't be a priority right now though. I'd love to see new inclusions to the roster, but not before 2.4 at least. Any sooner than that and it would feel like STJR has lost sight of their priorities, given how much else they have on their plate right now.

She's not even from the Sonic series...
I know. But I was just giving ideas.

Also, Since when did character mods have to primarily be characters from the sonic series when there have been a Mega Man/Rock Man mod from demo 3?

Two words.
Jennifer wakeman.
who?
While a new character could be made to simply take the main paths through the levels, this doesn't really seem like something that would be worth adding as an official new roster slot. If another character were to be added, it should be a character that justifies their inclusion through at least somewhat unique gameplay and ability to deviate from the main path. That said, given the already existing Tails and Knuckles paths and etc, it might be possible to design such a character that is capable of getting into such alternate pathways in a way that's not too overpowered, is fun to play, and different enough from the rest of the cast to justify their inclusion.

Such a thing really shouldn't be a priority right now though. I'd love to see new inclusions to the roster, but not before 2.4 at least. Any sooner than that and it would feel like STJR has lost sight of their priorities, given how much else they have on their plate right now.
metal sonic taking sonic path be like

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back