What would happen if STJr takes over Sega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your a little late buddy...

a year away...

EDIT:Look at Team Lava's post before posting a reply!

Last edited:
I did find that sonic games got worse and worse over the years....espically with sonic and the black knight. But since in a sonic fan I bought them. I have no idea what STJR and SEGA together would be like. But as amazing as SRB2 already is I can imagine it being on a newer engine. (awesome)

I did find that sonic games got worse and worse over the years....espically with sonic and the black knight. But since in a sonic fan I bought them. I have no idea what STJR and SEGA together would be like. But as amazing as SRB2 already is I can imagine it being on a newer engine. (awesome)

Great job bringing up a topic nobody's posted in for like a year, dude!

Anyway, I might as well contribute before a mod kills off the thread. STJR taking over Sega may or may not make the games better, but on the other hand, we'd end up with like 10 more terrible Sonic recolors as playable characters. Not sure that's something that'd be worth it.

Honestly, if they did take over, I think they may turn Sonic back to his roots...
But too much. I mean, STJR are good fan game designers...
But that's just it. Fan game designers. Not real ones.

Plus, they're mostly Sonic fans. Other games like Virtua Fighter, Phantasy Star, and debating over whether or not to bring Alex Kidd back aren't going to be their concern.

Last edited:
Sonic games would take forever to make.

There's a major difference between working on a fangame as an unpaid hobby, and creating a game as a full-time job.

Trust me, if we were getting paid for our work, we'd get our asses in gear a hell of a lot quicker. =P

犬夜叉;692471 said:
Trust me, if we were getting paid for our work, we'd get our asses in gear a hell of a lot quicker. =P

Maybe you should put a donate button.
Not like anyone would use it =P

Maybe you should put a donate button.
Not like anyone would use it =P

Donate buttons are generally only effective when your audience aren't all little kids who think that paying for anything is an absolute abomination.

Oh, and yeah, there's too many devs to split it between. =P

Here's a better question, if we had the money to take over a large corporation, why the hell would we choose to take over SEGA of all things? There are so many more better, more profitable businesses with a better reputation we could buy into.

If STJr took over Sega... (This is starting to sound like an internet meme)

- SRB2 would be one game which had updates with extra levels.
- You would have tons of different 'Games' e.g. SRB2, Mystic Realm, A crappy Adventure mode for the newbies etc
- You would have to pay money towards the really decent mods.
- You could make your own levels. (How do you pull that off?)
- Slopes!!! (I don't get the big deal about them but still)
- A better 2D mode.
- No themes with singers. (*cough* Reach For The Stars *Cough*)
- No plots, just running through the levels.
- Faster and better production.
- A staff that knows what the fan base wants.
- Incredible online gameplay.
- Online OLDC.
- Games wouldn't be made by Sonic Team but Sonic Team Jr.
- Classicness.

That's all I can think for now.

- No themes with singers. (*cough* Reach For The Stars *Cough*)
- No plots, just running through the levels.
- Games wouldn't be made by Sonic Team but Sonic Team Jr.
- Classicness.
1. I don't get it...?
2. Ew at no plot! Plots are just as important as the levels themselves!
3. That's pretty obvious, this thread is "What would happen if STJr takes over Sega".
4. Classicness isn't allways that good (maybe I'm saying that because I didn't play or liked any of the original Sonic games), being modern can also be cool mostly, I mean, most games won't be that epic if they were "old- styled", right? (Excluding Megaman, which everyone apperantly LIKE to go into a diffrent screen to tackle a suddenly appearing bad guy, and fall backwards).

If STJr took over Sega...

Then the MB and SRB2 would be on XBOX Live, PS3, possibly a handheld version of SRB2. Without WADs of course.

And there would probably be a WAD Installer made for SRB2, with a USB Cord to connect your PC with your Wii USB Port. That would be cool. :)

Last edited:
If STJr took over Sega...

Then the MB and SRB2 would be on XBOX Live, PS3, possibly a handheld version of SRB2. Without WADs of course.

And there would probably be a WAD Installer made for SRB2, with a USB Cord to connect your PC with your Wii USB Port. That would be cool. :)
But Wii is Nintendo, not Sega!
STJR taking over Sega may or may not make the games better, but on the other hand, we'd end up with like 10 more terrible Sonic recolors as playable characters. Not sure that's something that'd be worth it.
You mean Silver and Shadow are Sonic recolors? Theyre totally difrrent characters, just the fact theyre hedgehogs doesn't make them recolors... Or I didn't get you right?

Last edited:
Actually, scratch that, if we had the money to buy SEGA, we'd probably invest it in a new game and drop SRB2 instead, so many better things with a higher return we could develop instead.

Actually, scratch that, if we had the money to buy SEGA, we'd probably invest it in a new game and drop SRB2 instead, so many better things with a higher return we could develop instead.

*Cough* The Wizard Needs Food Badly *Cough*

I have the best answer ever

The company would crash because none of us are any sort of business administrators of any sort and have no idea how to properly run one. :D

I have the best answer ever

The company would crash because none of us are any sort of business administrators of any sort and have no idea how to properly run one. :D

Of course we know how to run one!

We know how to run it into the ground!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back