What was your first sonic game?

The earliest u remember seeing sonic was the sonic boom tv show on cartoon network when i was like 5-7 i think, and the first game i remember playing with sonic was sonic all star racing transformed demo for the xbox 360. But the first time i played an actual sonic game was on a weird handheld device that had a bunch of sega Genesis games and original games (it's not really a good way to play the games especially with the audio quality, but for me with no knowledge on that it was really cool), i think it was called @ games or something, but anyways i was trying to see if there was a mario game on there because i kept on seeing ads for mario Odyssey on the tv and wanted to play it despite not ever playing a mario game at the time, but then I saw a few games that were about sonic, so i decided that was the closest thing to mario, but then i got really into the games for how fun they were, and now I'm more of a sonic fan then almost anything else i like. Oh and the game i first played was sonic 2 but i also played sonic 1 but it was harder because of the second act for green hill. And then i finished all the sonic games on a laptop not too long after and really liked it, and i also got into sonic forces speed battle and thought it was the actual forces game lol. so yee that's my story of becoming a sonic fan

Sonic The Hedgehog on Sega Genesis. It was the Not for resale version and given to me by my older cousin when he got tired of it. I think that was back in 1993? I got a model 2 Sega Genesis at the time from my parents and it came with Columns. So those were my first two Sega Genesis games. Played the heck out of both games and eventually got Toy Story and Taz: Escape From Mars. EDIT: I also watched the cartoons a lot as a kid and rented the same VHS tapes when Giant Eagle used to have a video rental store.

The very first Sonic game I played was Sonic and the Secret Rings, back when I was about six or seven. It was back in 2013. But Sonic Colors, which I was exposed to three years later, was the first Sonic game I fully completed, and the very Sonic game that got me into the series. Both games hold a place in my heart even though the former was a very controversial game.

My first sonk game was actually 3D Blast but It was the Genesis version and not the Saturn
I didn't play a main line game till Sonic 2

My first sonk game was actually 3D Blast but It was the Genesis version and not the Saturn
I didn't play a main line game till Sonic 2
i thought 3D blast was apart of the mainline games, but like the black sheep of mainline games (also counting sonic boom rise of lyric)

I never thought of it as a mainline game tbh but yeah, it is like a black sheep in the family of games
well if x-treme came out then i probably would agree, but of course it didn't, and uuh that was the sonic game that was for the people that wanted a 3D sonic game...thank god for adventure coming out a couple years after

I never thought of it as a mainline game tbh but yeah, it is like a black sheep in the family of games
It's really good on Saturn minus the load times. Better special stages. If you played the PC version that came out back in the 90s, you could even SAVE PROGRESS! Better graphics, better music, it baffles me with the existence of a PC port that they never brought that version back. It's like Virtua Fighter 2 how Sega keeps bringing back the god awful Genesis version instead of the Saturn or PC one. I mean the PS3 and XBOX 360 had the arcade original of Virtua Fighter 2 but was missing certain features from the Saturn version like the arranged OST which was way better than the arcade one imo.

It's really good on Saturn minus the load times. Better special stages. If you played the PC version that came out back in the 90s, you could even SAVE PROGRESS! Better graphics, better music, it baffles me with the existence of a PC port that they never brought that version back. It's like Virtua Fighter 2 how Sega keeps bringing back the god awful Genesis version instead of the Saturn or PC one. I mean the PS3 and XBOX 360 had the arcade original of Virtua Fighter 2 but was missing certain features from the Saturn version like the arranged OST which was way better than the arcade one imo.
imo the directors cut is the best, even if the saturn looks like it has some better quality stuff like the sound quality i actually like the music in the 16bit version, tho the colors for the saturn edition is alot more cooler

imo the directors cut is the best, even if the saturn looks like it has some better quality stuff like the sound quality i actually like the music in the 16bit version, tho the colors for the saturn edition is alot more cooler
There's some good 16 bit versions of the music from the Saturn game in the rom hack called Knuckles Emerald Hunt. It'd be cool if those tracks could be added to the Director's Cut.

There's some good 16 bit versions of the music from the Saturn game in the rom hack called Knuckles Emerald Hunt. It'd be cool if those tracks could be added to the Director's Cut.
i find both ost's to be good, but i think the genesis sounds more like the classic sonic games ost

i find both ost's to be good, but i think the genesis sounds more like the classic sonic games ost
Richard Jaques made a lot of Sega's music too though. Then you have Howard Drossin with his work on Sonic games and Comix Zone. Sega doesn't really have just one sound to me. As long as it's cool. I mean heck Sonic Rush had the Jet Set Radio guy do the music for that. That's one of the best OSTs of all time.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back