What Srb2 Character do you like the most?

Linlam

That's cool and all but u should watch Evangelion
It doesn't have to be just the vanilla game, I consider the modding community just as part of the game's general experience as Srb2 itself. I personally love playing as Metal Sonic. Even though his top speed is very difficult to get to, once you're glowing orange with a light trace behind you zooming through the stage, it's a lot of fun. I also think he is the most fun to do speedruns with, because of his speed.

Last edited:
Fang is the most useless and weakest character in the game. Any other character will be stronger than Fang. Yes, there are some moments where Fang can be faster than Sonic or Tails, but at a long distance - no.
Fang is cool, cute weasel, and the gameplay for him only complicates everything (he is too tall, so the sections with Gargoyles in ATZ are very difficult). Just remember the special emblem for him at AGZ...
I love Fang.

(well, probably only at the beginning of the competition he has an advantage: he can shoot players before the start of the game, but this will already be fixed, maybe)
((Oh yes, he easily kills bosses, but I don't think is advantage))

I also love Amy. This is the character that you will enjoy if you know how to play them correctly. She's also just cool :v

well for the vanilla game it’s gonna be sonic
but for the modding community iys gonna be smsreborn and modern sonic

In regards to gameplay, it's a tossup between Sonic and Amy for me. Both of their playstyles are highly appealing to me for entirely different reasons.

In general though, I'd have to say Metal Sonic. I've expressed the issues with his gameplay that I have in the past, as well as given suggestions for how he might be able to be revamped. However, everything else about him is spot on everything I love about the character in the official series. The sprite work does a fantastic job of conveying that cold, apathetic, aggressive mood that Metal Sonic always seems to have, and it's very badass.

If someone hosts with vanilla, if I'm there you'll most likely see me playing as Tails. I find him the easiest and can skip a lot of sections. if you play right. Other than that I'm always down for 2.1 bandages!

If the server is vanilla ill play metal, sonic or fang
If it is modded ill play pretty much the character im better as(including troplucky but he doesnt count here)

In regards to gameplay, it's a tossup between Sonic and Amy for me. Both of their playstyles are highly appealing to me for entirely different reasons.

In general though, I'd have to say Metal Sonic. I've expressed the issues with his gameplay that I have in the past, as well as given suggestions for how he might be able to be revamped. However, everything else about him is spot on everything I love about the character in the official series. The sprite work does a fantastic job of conveying that cold, apathetic, aggressive mood that Metal Sonic always seems to have, and it's very badass.
I also like a lot playing as Amy. The thing that I hate about Sonic is that he is way faster when he's thoking. It's very disappointing to me when I'm going really fast in the air and when I touch the ground all my speed goes away

I've said on plenty of threads already, but for me it's a tie between Knuckles and Amy. Knuckles' moveset is very smooth and polished, with an interesting variant on his Genesis-era moveset that allows for momentum-based stunts and much more fluidity. Amy is a fun devation from the main three that invites challenge and versatility of her own due to the nuances of her hammer moveset, especially with the stunts you can perform while hammering springs.

Vanilla: Sonic because hes broken

Modding: Vphysics Amy because shes also broken

Last edited:
Do you count all the Characters * mods * placed in Srb2 MB? If so, they may be:
1-Milne
2-Skip
3-Shadow
4-Shadow-Android
5-Rafael
6-Peter
7-Tangle
8-Flame
9-Feels
10-Cacee
11-Honey
12-Robe
13-Hexhog (SLW SONIC)
14-MeatBoy
15-Jet
16-Dummie
17-Starshy
18-Jason
19-Frank
20-Joshi
21-SegaSonic Ray

Or if they are the only characters in the game, they may be:
1-Knuckles
2-Sonic
3-Tails
4-Amy Rose

Yes I know, there are many.

By far, my favorite to play as is Espio.

I've been trying to put my reasons as to why this is to words since May or June. It became more apparent to me whenever I'd try buddying him up with other characters, but realized I almost never had to switch from Espio. He has a simple movelist, but one that's extremely flexible. Flexible in a way that better fits SRB2's general level layouts best in a really unique way.

His charge jump and wall/ceiling cling are very simple abilities on paper, and even when he was first revealed about a month before his release, I was a little doubtful of how useful his abilities would be in the long run. Doesn't help that in Knuckles Chaotix, the one game outside of this were Espio had his wall and ceiling cling, it was hardly useful in comparison to the rest of the playable cast, who all had faster alternatives. Turned out that despite how simple they can seem on paper, these abilities make Espio extremely flexible in SRB2. Charge Jump helps him cover an insane amount of distance, and can give him more opportunities to actually use the ability to walk on ceilings. His wall cling is faster than just about any other Knux-style climb, 'cause he's literally running. Even speed shoes affect how fast he runs up walls. Yeah he has a peak where he'd have to jump off the wall, but he can just (charge) jump onto another wall , or even the same wall, and keep going since the cling timer resets when he gets off the wall. And, while a bit more niche than Charge Jump and Wall Cling, Ceiling cling can be a great way to just keep his momentum going since it usually can help him avoid enemies or platforming obstacles in enclosed spaces.

Basically, Espio has the kinda of moveset I like most in SRB2 (One that's very simple on paper, but still allows them to be very flexible and very unique in how they're played. Bonus points if they don't even need the Custom Buttons to utilize their abilities to the fullest). He's consistently one of the most versatile regardless in what kind of stage he's in, and his abilities give a whole lot of ways to really experiment with how he can be played.

Edit: Knew I'd forget to mention this. His spritework is absolutely phenomenal. I usually play with models 'cause it makes the whole game feel a lot more like a Sega Saturn game, but Espio single handedly gets me to play with models off occasionally.

As for just the vanilla cast, it has to be Fang. He definitely has the most interesting playstyle out of the vanilla 5, to me at least. On top of the simple fact that like Amy, he can't spin manually which makes him inherently more vulnerable, his spring tail gives him a pretty fun way to traverse through stages. His popgun is also helps him stand out as he's the only one who doesn't need to make direct contact with enemies to deal damage. Really, my only gripe with him is that you have to stop all your momentum to use the popgun and can't use it in the air in vanilla.

Last edited:
hm.... well for vanilla game i use sonic bc im sonic gang for a somereason? anyway for the modded i choose stephcharsoc aka jana or my shit ass mod and i remommend the stephcharoc bc my mod is log file ._. and also stephchars has walljump so yee (im asking rafael to help me in my shitty mod to give him wall jump also too im new on modding so ea sports)
Post automatically merged:

By far, my favorite to play as is Espio.

I've been trying to put my reasons as to why this is to words since May or June. It became more apparent to me whenever I'd try buddying him up with other characters, but realized I almost never had to switch from Espio. He has a simple movelist, but one that's extremely flexible. Flexible in a way that better fits SRB2's general level layouts best in a really unique way.

His charge jump and wall/ceiling cling are very simple abilities on paper, and even when he was first revealed about a month before his release, I was a little doubtful of how useful his abilities would be in the long run. Doesn't help that in Knuckles Chaotix, the one game outside of this were Espio had his wall and ceiling cling, it was hardly useful in comparison to the rest of the playable cast, who all had faster alternatives. Turned out that despite how simple they can seem on paper, these abilities make Espio extremely flexible in SRB2. Charge Jump helps him cover an insane amount of distance, and can give him more opportunities to actually use the ability to walk on ceilings. His wall cling is faster than just about any other Knux-style climb, 'cause he's literally running. Even speed shoes affect how fast he runs up walls. Yeah he has a peak where he'd have to jump off the wall, but he can just (charge) jump another wall , or even the same wall, and keep going since the cling timer resets when he gets off the wall. And, while a bit more niche than Charge Jump and Wall Cling, Ceiling cling can be a great way to just keep his momentum going since it usually can help him avoid enemies or platforming obstacles in enclosed spaces.

Basically, Espio has the kinda of moveset I like most in SRB2 (One that's very simple on paper, but still allows them to be very flexible in how they can be played and be very unique in how they're played. Bonus points if they don't even need the Custom Buttons to utilize their abilities to the fullest). He's consistently one of the most versatile regardless in what kind of stage he's in, and his abilities give a whole lot of ways to really experiment with how he can be played.

As for just the vanilla cast, it has to be Fang. He definitely has the most interesting playstyle out of the vanilla 5, to me at least. On top of the simple fact that like Amy, he can't spin manually which makes him inherently more vulnerable, his spring tail gives him a pretty fun way to traverse through stages. His popgun is also helps him stand out as he's the only one who doesn't need to make direct contact with enemies to deal damage. Really, my only gripe with him is that you have to stop all your momentum to use the popgun and can't use it in the air in vanilla.
DAANG dude u must make a game review channel this explain is REALLY GOOD i mean com'on who give a care on qustion like this if u type all this explain u really must make a game review channel bc this explain maked me just: uh this is AWESOME (i know im stupid ._.)

Edit: shit i found out that these 2 lines are copied for some reason ._.
1630085650058.png

Last edited:
If it's vanilla then for me is Knuckles, his abilities (and the low jump) are what makes him really unique for me.

If it ISN'T vanilla, then I really can't decide between Whirl and Shadow, i think I like Shadow a LITTLE more but still is pretty on par

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back