• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

What do you think on my Map02 ? Davee0 Design....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Premier

Team Springs' member
I am working on this since last Summer.
It started like Remaster of map 01 ,But I decide it expand it to Map 02 and more...

There is a start of the Map 02 but still need "Polish".

But there are too NEW PATHS!!1

What do you think ? BTW map 01 will be fully 2D so...
OPINION TIME !!!
Edit:Now for Bigger resolution you can click on it lol... simple xD

Last edited:
Hard to tell what's going on when the screenshots are the size of a plankton.

I like what I'm seeing here, keep it up.

EDIT: Might I suggest using 3D mode and the A key to autoalign textures? You can also use the "Peg Midtexture" flag instead of "Lower Unpegged" for the grass tops if you want the top of the wall texture to align with the bottom of the grass midtexture instead of the floor.

Last edited:
Now that I got to see the image... really well done! I love the textures and their usage!

I like what I'm seeing here, keep it up.

EDIT: Might I suggest using 3D mode and the A key to autoalign textures? You can also use the "Peg Midtexture" flag instead of "Lower Unpegged" for the grass tops if you want the top of the wall texture to align with the bottom of the grass.
Peg Midtexture only moves the mid texture to the floor. It does not affect the lower displayed texture at all.

Lower Unpegged actually worked the way you described Peg Midtexture before the slope update. but after the slope update it instead aligned the lower displayed texture with the lower floor and causing alignment problems.

I decided to name these 2 levels Photosynthesis Zone and make Start of Map01 3D but Most of the level is still 2D...
srb20000f9582.gif
Still heavily W.I.P 15% is now Map01
Map02 is going to finish.. its around 85% done.
srb20001.gif
srb20002.gif
srb2000364125.gif
I Meaby make more harder Arena for Bossfight.
srb20004.gif
Warning... BIG GIFS.... :/

Last edited:
Wow, I love what I see so far, especially Act 2's second gif. The textures and level design so far look great, keep it up!

Warning... BIG GIFS.... :/
It's good that you know they're big... but putting them inside a spoiler doesn't stop them from loading. To make it so that they're much smaller and the viewer has to actually decide to load them, you should consider (in the future) uploading them to GfyCat and just linking to them here (so people have to click the link to load the page, which will have much smaller files (file-size-wise) than raw GIFs).

As for the GIFs you embedded, they look really nice. Kind of like "remixed" versions of Green Flower Zone, not just remastered, when compared to the previews of the official 2.2 previews of Green Flower Zone we've seen so far. The slope usage looks super fun, too. (Especially the "ramp" at the start of the first GIF.)

The only critiscism I have is that in act 2's second GIF, I think it could look better if you made it so there's a bit of space between the ceiling and the floor at the edges, so you can see some "wall", rather than just a stright 90 degree cut at a sloped section, and in the boss arena, you might want to either change the water to actually look hazardous or put a hazardous-looking thing inside it. Right now, it looks to me like you could just hop right in without taking any damage, especially considering it looks just like the water in the rest of act 1 and 2 (which I'll assume are not hazardous).

Thanks you for your critiscism and tips. You know how works water at Deep Sea Zone Act 3 Boss fight Works... I tried recreate this effect but still its so weard.

Meaby at future i will try make custom enemies i already done some pixeleted designs/concepts...
Killer_Rabbits.png

This robotized rabbit will replace every crawla nothing special...
Mechanical_Eagle.png

Mechanized eagle will be something like "Jerry-Sin Gunner" and "Bird Aircraft Strike Hazard" but it will flight much slower than actual "B.A.S.H"
Solar_Turret.png

Solar turret will be same Pop-up turret but it will fire special projectile.
Spiked_Spike.png

This spike will damage you on every site unlike classic spike but its already function at my map already.

Last edited:
Very unique And unexpected to see this.

Since last summer too which was some time ago.

Very Impressed!

Does act 2 incorporate some of GFZ1? I don't mind if it does, it's always kinda cool to see the super-familiar level in some new contexts! :)
Great artwork by the way. I absolutely love the sky texture :D

Does act 2 incorporate some of GFZ1? I don't mind if it does, it's always kinda cool to see the super-familiar level in some new contexts! :)
Great artwork by the way. I absolutely love the sky texture :D

Yeah im not 100% sure but it does look rather familiar to GFZ1.

I'm digging the aesthetic on this one. If you keep act 3's damaging water, you should probably use a different texture to indicate that it's actually damaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back