• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Welcome to Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB2Ween is now ported to 1.09, get it <IN A POST BELOW!>... At this point, it's near impossible to tell the difference between my version and the original other then bugs that I can't un-fix via soc edits alone...

Yay for custom COLORMAPs. I've toyed with it myself, it is pretty interesting... I just wish I knew of a way to make my own custom palette, if for no other reason than just being able to do it. :)

I used the "Fog block" in the last version, which sucked. Also, I missed two things, I failed to make the "SONIC" ring room accessable and I forgot to record and include the title screen music :(
Also, XWE can make custom palettes and COLOMAPs like this, though the COLORMAP lump that I used came from SRB2 Ween directly.

It made custom COLORMAPs, yes, but it was palettes that bothered me. Why is it that you can save a Photoshop-compatible palette, but not LOAD one?

I guess they're in some Doom format or something. XWE can edit the palette entrys one at a time by double clicking or you can use the "gradiant" option.
New version of SRB2 Ween: http://home.comcast.net/~mlmars/srb2ween.zip
Now hosted by Shuffle, dun ask why. This version goes and differs from the original a bit, in that ghosts are now somewhat transparent and the water pit at the end of GFZ1 is a bottomless pit, and the crappy water physics are poorly simulated using per-sector gravity. The fake fence is now highlighted as in the original, the "SONIC" ring room now opens properly via linedef execs, and water is more transparent then normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back