• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Week of SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if this is going to happen, we have got to start preparing and planning. Like:
-when should we start?
-1 week or 2 weeks?
-First theme?

Ice said:
Well if this is going to happen, we have got to start preparing and planning. Like, when should be start? 1 week or 2 weeks? First theme?

Could the first theme be a carnival theme?

I think the first subject should be something simple. Anyway, anyone can put their input into this, it's not like I'm the leader...
( unless you want me to be ;) )

Well, it seems like there'll be enough interest, so I'll lay out some notes, shamelessly ripped and modified from the official contest:

1. All levels must work correctly in their selected mode. Support for other modes is suggested, but not required. Levels will be judged in Match, Capture the Flag, Circuit or Single Player, depending on which gametype the map is made for.

2. The map may not have been publicly released before. In other words, if you have released the level on the Addons section or on the forums, you may not enter it. However, if it’s unreleased, that is just as good as being completely new, and is a legal entry. Basically, don't fix up an old map and enter it, make something new.

3. The map has to be your own work. If you base it on another map, that's fine, but a straight port or slight modifications are against the rules.

4. You are allowed to enter up to three maps to the contest. I understand some feel that one per contest is too restrictive. I'm of the belief that quality > quantity, so I'm compromising.

5. Custom textures and SOCs are allowed. However, with a week, it's highly doubtful you'll be able to get anything really good. Music isn't allowed as it makes the file too big (Unless it's MIDI, in which case it's not allowed because I value my eardrums.). Remember, though, that this is a level design contest. A level serving as a demo of an SOC isn't a level, it's an SOC with a map attatched. If in doubt, ask yourself if the level stands alone without your modifications. If not, then don't do it.

6. Collaborations, testing, etc. are all allowed. Frankly, I'd test as much as possible-a clean, highly refined level is much better than an ambitious messy one.

7. Contest entries are to be submitted to my email at nickgamer2001@yahoo.com.

Due Date: Well, as I'm typing this, it's 9:30 PM Eastern. We'll try a week and see how people react to it. Midnight Eastern Wednesday, September 10th is your due date. That'd be 11 PM Central, 10 PM Mountain, and what, 5 AM GMT of the 11th? Just so we're all clear.

Do note that if something prevents me from checking my mail you might get a few hours out of it. Don't count on it though.

Anyway, for Week of SRB2 I, the Theme and Limitations!

Theme: As I type this, I have the song "Searching for Friends" playing. As that's the second airship song from Final Fantasy VI, I think that the sky is a good theme.
Theme: Sky

Limitation: I want to keep this general so...no Linedef Executors. This shouldn't be too limiting.

And with that, Week of SRB2 commences. Work hard, die young, win valuable prizes.

I would've had something really good, but my idea for faking a gravity switch involved executors, so~

I'm listening to the song anyway. If I have a quicky idea, I'll actually make something. Gasp.

Sonicandtails218 said:
Theme: As I type this, I have the song "Searching for Friends" playing. As that's the second airship song from Final Fantasy VI, I think that the sky is a good theme.
Do we get bonus points for including this song?

Oh right. You can't HAVE custom songs >_>

Sonicandtails218 said:
...Music isn't allowed as it makes the file too big (Unless it's MIDI, in which case it's not allowed because I value my eardrums.)...

Couldn't you just turn your MIDI volume in SRB2 down then if it's too loud for you?

I might try and make a sky-themed map for this, even though I don't manage to finish most of my maps even in a month, let alone a week.

Just a reminder, there's like three days left. Get those submissions in!

So far, I've only received SonicMaster's.

My level is about less than half done. I'll have to see if I manage to enter it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back