War Timer

[Open Assets] War Timer v1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
BuggieTheBug submitted a new resource:

War Timer - Ever wanted to be on a constant timer?

The War timer from the WAR level from Pizza Tower.

I made this mod some time ago and it was just laying in my folder so now i decided to actually post it.
This mod has 2 downloads, L_WarTimer-v1.pk3 and V_WarTimerLevels.wad

L_WarTimer-v1.pk3 is the actual mod with all the lua and stuff, this is the one you want to add in your mod mappers.

V_WarTimerLevels.wad is just a big map header for nearly every map in the game so you can play this mod yourself or with friends.

Anyway this war...

Read more about this resource...

does this work for multiplayer?
Post automatically merged:

it seems to work with multiplayer but with a lot of resyncs

Last edited:
I think omitting the other monitors *entirely* in place of War monitors seems kinda weird. Those shields and rings still help a bunch. Maybe they could share the same purpose; every monitor still gives 30 seconds to your timer, but they also give you what was initially there already. Maybe like they flicker between the War icon and the actual monitor.

One minor thing I'd love to see is a shader that gives the screen the same slow fading red tint like it was originally in War. Not necessary, really, but I think it'd be a neat detail.

I think omitting the other monitors *entirely* in place of War monitors seems kinda weird. Those shields and rings still help a bunch. Maybe they could share the same purpose; every monitor still gives 30 seconds to your timer, but they also give you what was initially there already. Maybe like they flicker between the War icon and the actual monitor.

One minor thing I'd love to see is a shader that gives the screen the same slow fading red tint like it was originally in War. Not necessary, really, but I think it'd be a neat detail.
I mean if you want you CAN edit the map and the map header to use both monitors. As for the tint its impossible to make fade red unless you tint the WHOLE screen.

I mean if you want you CAN edit the map and the map header to use both monitors. As for the tint its impossible to make fade red unless you tint the WHOLE screen.
1. I think that's missing what I was saying; not like some monitors are normal and others are WAR terminals, like all of them are still WAR terminals but will still give you what they originally had once broken; any terminals replacing ring monitors would still give you 10 rings, same with shields, etc. Merging the two together, I mean.

2. Wasn't there multiple opacities of red/yellow tints in DOOM originally? Unless that feature has been completely removed from SRB2, that should be the key to the pulsing red screen, no?

3. One last thing; since I play this mod almost exclusively with the Nick's Tower of Pizza Pack, the SRB2 style no longer fits the character, but the alternative would then be typing /wartimer on every level. Maybe you could add a saveable command, like /warstyle [I/O] [value] (where 0 is SRB2, 1 is PT) and whichever you select will override the theme even with WarTimerLevels.wad loaded.

1. I think that's missing what I was saying; not like some monitors are normal and others are WAR terminals, like all of them are still WAR terminals but will still give you what they originally had once broken; any terminals replacing ring monitors would still give you 10 rings, same with shields, etc. Merging the two together, I mean.

2. Wasn't there multiple opacities of red/yellow tints in DOOM originally? Unless that feature has been completely removed from SRB2, that should be the key to the pulsing red screen, no?

3. One last thing; since I play this mod almost exclusively with the Nick's Tower of Pizza Pack, the SRB2 style no longer fits the character, but the alternative would then be typing /wartimer on every level. Maybe you could add a saveable command, like /warstyle [I/O] [value] (where 0 is SRB2, 1 is PT) and whichever you select will override the theme even with WarTimerLevels.wad loaded.
also did you know that the mod is open-assets and reusable, and that means that you can edit it however you want?

also did you know that the mod is open-assets and reusable, and that means that you can edit it however you want?
And did you know all I'm asking about is something I think people shouldn't have to add themselves regardless of the mod status? Even if all you address is the third thing, that's literally just style preference and it doesn't make sense to just go "do it yourself lol"

Also, wow, what a passive aggressive response.

Like, okay, question: is this forum exclusively for people who are already programmers? It really feels like not knowing Lua or SLADE or stuff like that is literally frowned upon here. I can excuse Rule 15 because of Little Timmys who inevitably ask for too much, but it almost seems like, especially for reusable addons, asking for literally anything but bug fixes is frowned upon because "just do it yourself or get out."

Like, okay, question: is this forum exclusively for people who are already programmers? It really feels like not knowing Lua or SLADE or stuff like that is literally frowned upon here. I can excuse Rule 15 because of Little Timmys who inevitably ask for too much, but it almost seems like, especially for reusable addons, asking for literally anything but bug fixes is frowned upon because "just do it yourself or get out."
This forum is actually not for programmers and more for mappers to use this mod in their maps.

I don't know why but for some reason but this mod doesn't work for me. I tried to load the 1st stage with it and the timer did not show up.
I even tried loading it making sure it was the only mod I had enabled and the timer still didn't show up!
Post automatically merged:

I don't know why but for some reason but this mod doesn't work for me. I tried to load the 1st stage with it and the timer did not show up.
I even tried loading it making sure it was the only mod I had enabled and the timer still didn't show up!
Lol I forgot to enable the LUA file

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back