• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

unofficial character wad contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

matchman1

this topic will probably be locked soon, so post your joke wads here.
Also excuse my grammer.please post your joke wads here.I have a couple and i dont know how to post them here.

Lawl, this topic sends me shivers. Around a week or so (somebody go confirm this) after I joined here, I made a topic for an unoffical character contest.

It never happened.

A character contest is really a bad idea. Character WADs take forever to make, making a contest out of them just wouldn't work.

Well it depends because I do mines in less than a day and thats depends, everyone has a different speed of making these. And also so many people do recolors, so it wouldn't be much of an contest.

I usually support character wads, but this...is a very bad idea. It starts as something simple like this, with good intentions. But, then it turns into a few weeks of Who thinks they can best edit SSNTails' sprites? (They usually don't get passed the standing frames). Then after a few days they finally get some frames of movement in (And by movement, I mean an unshaded character who "hovers"). Then, either afterward comes the Flame Wars.

Zeshtradamus predicts a great flame war turned holocaust spawning from this. Zeshtradamus predicts suspended users left and right. And the fact that people have brought up locking this topic, has more than likely made sure this will never happen. The pro-recolor 11-14 year olds who claim they're lacking in the ability to draw, against the older people, the members that have been here the longest, and The Sprite Nazis. (If we're lucky this will only be a small group of people, and the majority will remain neutral.) I'm advising you to drop this. In the event that you do continue, I ask that people who dislike recolors not post in this topic.

Think of the children..

chibisoniccryuj7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back