unificate the levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sa-x

i have got two maps but i want to make one map has got the two, exist in srb2db a way to take the map, cut and past to a window to another with the same linedefs, sectors, things?
or maybe something like that?

(help to create the topic: babelfish)

Last edited:
i have got two maps but i want to make one map has got the two, exist in srb2db a way to take the map, cut and past to a window to another with the same linedefs, sectors, things?
The answer is in the question. You just can't have two SRB2DB windows open, IIRC. It could also be a pain changing the linedef and sector tags.

The answer is in the question. You just can't have two SRB2DB windows open, IIRC. It could also be a pain changing the linedef and sector tags.

Wrong Eblo.

You can indeed have 2 SRB2DB windows open. That's How I do my manual ports of old levels. And you can copy sectors, things, and the main config (semiround about) from one window to another

From the sounds of things Sa-X want's to merge two current version maps into 1, This can be done with either one or two instances of SRB2DB open

Last edited:
Actually, as hilarious as this is, it turns out it's really easy to do this in WadAuthor, because WadAuthor lets you copy-paste the entire map into another window. Step-by-step:

1. Move all the tags to the new numbers. What I generally do is select all, and set the tag on every linedef and sector to ++100, then find/replace tag 100 with tag 0.
2. Copy-paste the map in WadAuthor because it's trivially easy to do this in WA.
3. Crack back open whatever editor you want to actually use to move everything to the positions you want.

With SRB2 Doom Builder, the process goes mostly the same as WadAuthor. The only real difference is that you need to copy the Things over separately from the rest of the level because SRB2DB doesn't have a "select everything" mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back