• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Uhhh...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykotic

Alright, I use the SRB2 Doom Editor, just so you know.

My map acts up. It shows textures that aren't sposed to be there. Can somebody help me out here?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qpbp8r

The level itself can better describe it T_T MAKE IT GO AWAYZ!!!

>_> And please tell me how to fix it, don't just DL it, Fix it, and Send it back to me.

I hope you don't mind if I post screen shots of your wad.

srb20166.png

srb20167.png

This is the problem right? I have the same problem in a special stage I'm making too.

WOHO!

This monstersector screws up the whole map! I mean linedef-lengh 19930 or something like that!!! :eek:
SRB2 can not handle this. Redo the whole map and divide it into more sectors! You should avoid those giant places. It will always end up the same. The textures you are seeing are the textures of the borderlinedefs. This is an error which is getting worse and worse the bigger a single sector is... X_X

Actually, it's not really a problem with the sectors being too big, it's a problem with the viewing area being too big. What I'm basically saying is: you can't have an open area that big without glitches, you're going to need to put some stuff in the way, or section parts of the level off.

Divide them or put stuff in the way, got it. I was actually planning to put more of the house thingz too.

BTW glaber, I had no problems with you posting screenies.

Double Post. KILL MEZ!

Bah, my friend would like to know how to make 2d levels in SRB2.

He says there's a different way other than Just making it a Mario Type Level.

to make 2D levels in Srb2:
Go Make a MAINCFG lump for your wad
Imput the level number of the map (like if your map was MAP23, your MAINCFG lump would have a level header of: LEVEL 23)

Then under that, you would put: "Typeoflevel = 512"

Typeoflevel decribes what level type it is
and the number 512 makes it a 2D level (for Srb2)

>_> Okay, I made the Level and Stuff. Now I have a Question.

How do I add Custom Music to it?

Heh, this is Becoming "Syko's Questions for Editing and Adding stuff" >_>

Adding custom music:

This is really easy to do, All you have to do is make it have the same name of your Map number

So if your Map was 34 or something (MAP34 in Srb2):

For MIDI files type this: D_MAP34M
For Ogg/MP3 files type this: O_MAP34M

You have to load them through XWE and Rename them in XWE (it has to be 8 characters long)

If your File appears as a Mus file in XWE, you loaded a MIDI file
Of it appears as a WAV format in XWE, You loaded a Ogg file
If it appears like there are many numbers and letters, You have loaded an MP3 (I dont think XWE can read MP3 files)

Morph said:
WOHO!

This monstersector screws up the whole map! I mean linedef-lengh 19930 or something like that!!! :eek:
SRB2 can not handle this. Redo the whole map and divide it into more sectors! You should avoid those giant places. It will always end up the same. The textures you are seeing are the textures of the borderlinedefs. This is an error which is getting worse and worse the bigger a single sector is... X_X

You don't need a new map. Just make the big sector smaller...

Sykotic said:

Get a mp3, convert it to OGG (for quality purposes) and then load it up in your wad file. Call it....O_MAP<number>M

Now, in your level SOC(like thing) just make the level's music point to that number. (the O_MAP<number>M thingy. Just point to the number)

Super mystic sonic said:
Sykotic said:

Get a mp3, convert it to OGG (for quality purposes) and then load it up in your wad file. Call it....O_MAP<number>M

Now, in your level SOC(like thing) just make the level's music point to that number. (the O_MAP<number>M thingy. Just point to the number)

For the last time, OGG OR GTFO

GCFreak said:
Super mystic sonic said:
Sykotic said:

MP3 works too. Its just buggy

Super mystic sonic said:
GCFreak said:
Super mystic sonic said:
Sykotic said:

MP3 works too. Its just buggy

It's not buggy, it's way too bloody large.

GCFreak said:
Super mystic sonic said:
GCFreak said:
Super mystic sonic said:
GCFreak said:
It's not buggy, it's way too bloody large.

Try thinking of SRB2soundpack if it had MP3's, instead of OGGs! 170 MB with OGGs, but with MP3.......YIKES!

Urp. Please don't say.

**** 500 MB!!!

Damn you. I told you not to say.

Hehe. to make sure I won't do a 1 word post, I'll just say this. Yay, hurray!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back