Toy Story 3 (And other Toy Stories)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have all my toys, and I intend to take at least a few of them with me to college. They have sentimental value more important to me than any implications of owning toys at my age (which I believe are far less severe amongst mature peers).

abridgedman, I think you could be excused for not remembering the exact plot details, considering the movie's not out yet. We have several different trailers, clips, and teasers to piece together and even then its supposed to be an incomplete picture. All that I take for certain is that Andy wants at least to take Woody with him but things get mixed up, that Buzz is going to be speaking spanish, that there is a darker side to Sunnyside (besides the destructive tots), and that much of the plot is going to revolve around returning to Andy a'la Brave Little Toaster.

Tyrzi, both of the main trailers have quite different clips, in fact moreso than most blockbusters I've seen. Pixar is generally very good about keeping each of its trailers distinct. As for some of the bonus goodies (like the internet chat) it is not really supposed to be a teaser as much as it is a little joke shared with us using some footage already seen in a trailer.

Actually, some voice actors are dead...

I still have my toys, even when you are old. You still want your precious collection.
Example.

http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=24604
Dscn3185.jpg

Also the movie might be great considering that its made by the same company as the first 2 movies and all the voice actors are available for the job.

Really? Clearly the big-name fellows (Tim Allen, Tom Hanks, ect.) have been confirmed to reprise their respective characters, but what about all the miscellaneous toys who are restricted to bit parts and brief lines? Are most of their original voice actors still available?

You know, I really don't know how voice acting works, so for all I know, most of the cast could be voiced by only a few people who are easy to rehire.

About the general feeling of optimism about the movie... I remember going in to see Toy Story 2 for the first time with low expectations, for whatever reason. I was proven wrong. And given Pixar's especially impressive recent track record (oh, what the hell, pretty much their entire impressive track record), I can see why people are getting excited.

Last edited:
Well, um let me rephrase my opinions a little, I think Autosaver's stuff is cool, its just how Andy has little bo peep toys and everything. Sure i'm not one to judge, but don't most teenagers (especially in disney movies) get rid of all their childish things at one point of the story? Me, personally I love little action figures and toys, but I wish I had Autosavers collection. Its such a mass haul, good job!

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

I still have all my toys, and I intend to take at least a few of them with me to college. They have sentimental value more important to me than any implications of owning toys at my age (which I believe are far less severe amongst mature peers).

abridgedman, I think you could be excused for not remembering the exact plot details, considering the movie's not out yet. We have several different trailers, clips, and teasers to piece together and even then its supposed to be an incomplete picture. All that I take for certain is that Andy wants at least to take Woody with him but things get mixed up, that Buzz is going to be speaking spanish, that there is a darker side to Sunnyside (besides the destructive tots), and that much of the plot is going to revolve around returning to Andy a'la Brave Little Toaster.

I think I want to really see the trailers again now, so I can see more of this god send.

Nah, its not my collection. If you click the link, it is another guys collection. (Starfig)

I saw it all , its way past cool! Also remember toy story 2 when Jesse reminisces about her past with her original owner? Wasn't that a sad part? Also has anyone ever seen the toys gone wild you tube poop video? Pretty dammned funny.

Seeing the trailer for the billionth time, I really like what they've done with their modeling skills. Andy looks alot more human-like, and the lighting is also rather impressive. The story seems pretty good, but Spanish Buzz is kind of jumping the shark IMO.

Seeing the trailer for the billionth time, I really like what they've done with their modeling skills. Andy looks alot more human-like, and the lighting is also rather impressive. The story seems pretty good, but Spanish Buzz is kind of jumping the shark IMO.

Actually, Spanish Buzz in itself isn't exactly shark-jumping, but what might push it into the realm of the Fonz is the fact that it's just another Deluded Buzz vehicle.

I'm not accustomed to seeing sequels from Pixar so I couldn't guess their policy on the balance between more of the same and being a little bit bold. However, I think that all three movies are meant to be the same tale told through different stories. While it may seem repetitive or trite to anyone else, I think that it is Pixar's way of avoiding Disney's brand of sequelitis.

Keep in mind that if this movie does turn out to be subpar, it will be their first one. Cars got the least critical acclaim and well, it still ranks higher than the average movie on sites like Rotten Tomatoes. Most of the time, the only thing that divides one Pixar movie from the next in terms of quality is a matter of taste. I preferred Bugs Life to Toy Story 2, and Cars to The Incredibles. Not because either were bad movies, but because the others appealed to me more. (Not that any of their movies are without flaws, but with very few exceptions, such flaws are details that do not get in the way of the story)

Groovin' with Ken!

Another promotional video Pixar posted on Facebook. This one is all about the vain Ken doll. You just have to love the look on his face at the end. The only thing more funny than the fact that Ken's a guy that's so full of himself is when that same guy loses his cool.

Frankly, I never liked Bo Peep. She doesn't appear to be in any of the trailers but it seems pretty logical that not nearly as many of the toys are going to be intact this far later... I don't think we'll see Rocky or the snake either, or the robot, or Mr Spell. I'm not sure about the aliens and I don't think I see Bulls-eye either.
Toys break, or they get sold in sales, or they get thrown away. It's a very real threat, and one that I'm pretty sure is kept alive in all of the Toy Story movies. Given the passage of time, I think we're only going to be able to count on the appearance of the toys that were most important to Andy and his sister.

Or, maybe most of these toys stayed behind and didn't have to deal with the whole Sunnyside thing and we'll see them at the end of the movie just like Toy Story 2.

The Aliens are in there. Not sure about Bo Peep. But I hope the robot's in there. He was cool.

It's "Pixar Perfect", what you've come to expect from Pixar and then some. Because there is something we've learned NOT to expect from Pixar, and that is sequels. We've only seen one and it is the exception. Now it is clear that Pixar has made a sequel better than the first twice! The third movie resonates not only with its own strength but the strength of the two before it. This is true for the art, the plot, and in the characters.
On top of that is the sheer creativity. It is not enough that these toys come to life, but that they are practically superheroes for their capabilities. This movie featured a few sequences which recalled the kind of ingenuity used in Sid's Room in the first movie and not really seen in the second movie.

As for 3D, it is not mandatory but it is still a treat. I definitely consider it worth it as it made the conclusion to this series that much more epic, but it is generally used for drawing focus; with only a few set pieces really making noticeable use of it. The opening short relied more heavily on it to the point where I'm not sure if it would have worked without it. It's not Avatar, but I feel its still worth the extra price if you're only paying for your own ticket. Buy it instead of snacks, I didn't realize I wanted any until the movie was over.

I didn't really like it when I saw UP/G-Force(?) in 3D and the 3D was barely noticeable.

I'm glad that they at least used the short to show 3D.

Well it really isn't that bad of a movie when you think about it and heres something to think about: Do you guys think Pixar would ever make a Toy story 4 and if so what would it be about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back