Toy Story 3 (And other Toy Stories)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

Here are the trailers. There is a new one out now.
http://www.moviefone.com/movie/toy-story-3/22984/main

Basically from the video. Andy(?) gets old and doesn't play with his toys anymore. All the toys get sad since they aren't getting played with.(...) Then the scene ends up at a toy area or day care center. With them being abused. So they try to find a way out.

It reminds me of Toy Story 1, where that crazy kid lights toys on fire. ;P

Also Toy Story 1+2 is out in theaters.

Man alive, Pixar has gotten so much better at animating humans.

The story doesn't sound that appealing, and Spanish Buzz deserves a facepalm. But I love 1:05 to 1:25 in the second trailer, when the toys all bicker amongst themselves, just like the best moments in the first two films.

Last edited:
I don't really like the story, either. The humor is still funny, but there just isn't the charm that the originals had.

All we saw were glimpse of the story. I bet the whole movie is going to be a surprise.

IMO it does have the charm. After 10 years Toy Story still looks the same!

Appearance has nothing to do with charm, Autosaver.
The story itself has a huge impact on it. For example, Up really won me over with its charm.

Considering that the original premise for Toy Story was for Woody and Buzz to have a handful of adventures, ending with the bittersweet ending of Andy abandoning them, only for them to wind up at a kindergarten where they'd be loved and played with forever... well, it sounds like this whole story was planned from the get-go. As such, I have a good deal of faith in it.

Although I have to ask why, if the kindergarten was to be the ENDING, it's now instead being set up as the source of conflict in the plot (Woody and the gang are quite clearly trying to escape in the trailer) - and what their intention for the conclusion is now.

I think the real plot is they reset Buzz and they have to get him "back". As he gets reset and forgets about his friends.

That sounds like an awful premise for a movie, especially for a franchise as good as Toy Story. I honestly hope that whole "reset" gimmick generates maybe five minutes of cheap jokes and then is never seen again.

Last edited:
It'll be a major event, that lasts for a good portion of the picture (a la the second Buzz in Toy Story 2), but it's not going to be the central focus of the plot; it's blatantly clear that the move to kindergarten and escape thereafter is the premise here.

After 10 years Toy Story still looks the same!

Actually it's been 14 years, Toy Story 3 might look the same but it actually is more different than it looks (Lighting, Animation, Models, etc). Obviously there are more technological advancements back in 95.

I remember this movie being released at the same year I was born. It was actually the first film I've ever saw. I remember my childhood mostly about Toy Story and videogames. I even still remember when my dad showed me a magazine article about Toy Story 2, I was hyped. After Toy Story 2 I was ready for the 3rd one. But as I got older and mature I thought that there was never going to be a 3rd one, until it was announced months ago.

Now I'm 14, a freshman in High School. Looking at this trailer, is like looking at my childhood. A lot of fun memories came back when I saw this trailer.
Obviously this is targeted for kids and maybe to the people who saw the first 2 films back in the day. So that's why this is the film I'm looking most forward to next year.

Negativity? Over a PIXAR film? Isn't that a mind boggler....

Considering that the original premise for Toy Story was for Woody and Buzz to have a handful of adventures, ending with the bittersweet ending of Andy abandoning them, only for them to wind up at a kindergarten where they'd be loved and played with forever... well, it sounds like this whole story was planned from the get-go. As such, I have a good deal of faith in it.

Although I have to ask why, if the kindergarten was to be the ENDING, it's now instead being set up as the source of conflict in the plot (Woody and the gang are quite clearly trying to escape in the trailer) - and what their intention for the conclusion is now.

That's a surprise we'll have to see in the movie, now isn't it?

I'm hyped. This looks even better than the first two Toy Stories. Spanish Buzz is absolutely hilarious. The fact that Andy has grown up now is an interesting event in itself.

Certainly something I have to keep me eye on.

I'm too old to enjoy Toy Story 3. I still have Toy Story on VHS and toy Story 2 recorded off my VCR and I only watch them for the nostalgia of better times.

Toy Story 3 clip

Clearly not part of the movie, but it still comes from Pixar and meshes well with the actual footage in the trailer. And in both you can see an awesome Studio Ghibli cameo. (0:42 in the clip, 0:48 in the trailer)

I'm really excited. If anyone can make bring in a third installment to a story after ten years and have it be any good, it'd Pixar.

This topic should get moved. D:

But yeah, I'm not too excited for this yet, but it still looks like it's gonna be good.

Last edited:
OK, you guys know that A113 is in every Disney-Pixar movie, right? So, is A113 anywhere in Toy Story 3 other than Andy's mom's licence plate? (Tell me if you see the movie, I'll be looking, too.)

I love the series but I saw the trailer and isn't it a little odd that Andy had those toys until he went off to college? I mean, Andy's like what, 18-20 years old and still has his toys and also a sky-painted baby blue bedroom? Also he has a cool computer. His friends would call him a fag for having toys and a toy-themed atmosphere like that in the first place. If that doesn't spell out Man child , I really don't know what does. Also Andy doesn't throw away his toys, he just puts them in a small black trash bag and his mom mistakes it as garbage and throws the bag out? I'm not sure of what happened, but I remember the whole throwing bag out part. Also the movie might be great considering that its made by the same company as the first 2 movies and all the voice actors are available for the job. Also know a friend of mine who's a senior who is getting the game for his Play station 3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back