The very nice guide on how to use PlayerBots on SRB2Kart

The very nice guide on how to use PlayerBots on SRB2Kart

ACStriker

SRB2Kart ArcadePak dev - living enigma
ACStriker submitted a new resource:

The very nice guide on how to use PlayerBots on SRB2Kart - at least basic playerbots setup for dummies, very nice I'd say myself

:knuxsmug:hey

So you have heard of the Player Bots mod for SRB2Kart? Wait, you haven't? Then go see it here!

...ahem, so where was I? Oh, right. So you have heard of the Player Bots mod for-wait, what do you mean you already did-alright enough tomfoolery because it is finally time for:

View attachment 39547

If...

Read more about this resource...

its telling me to press start, but i dont know what that is. i pressed every key on my keyboard and nothing worked. how do i get to the playerbot menu?

i guess this should be on Kart Addons & More > Kart Guides instead

Its been some time since i Noticed that this dont exist, oh well

Last edited:
I'm having that issue too.
its telling me to press start, but i dont know what that is. i pressed every key on my keyboard and nothing worked. how do i get to the playerbot menu?
If this is regarding the Playerbot Setup Menu, you just have to press the accel key.

When I try to join some players to my local server, i get stuck on a loading screen, any way to fix this? :devastation:
Same here
If you mean with the bots (multiple instances), remember to use different ports when launching any instances other than the first one. If it is trying to join a real player server (or having others join your server), make sure that everybody has the addon on their folders so that Kart picks it up; unsure about any other ideas regarding that since I haven't tested playerbots with other players over LAN/internet

Mines work so, you want to make another bat file and type something like this srb2kart.exe -port 50XX, but replace the 2 X-Marks with numbers like 58. Then go into command and put "CD" without quotes then. Drag srb2 kart folder in there. Now type srb2kart.exe -port 5058. Now it should open a different version. I hope that helps. And open up the real version of srb2 kart, not the other versions, so now you want to open player-bot on the sonic Robo blast 2 kart game. It should work, if it doesn't I don't know what to do just trying to help.

Honestly i dont really understand the no splitscreen setup. Does it only work in online? do u need to do something with srb2kart.exe -port 5050? or is there options for it?
Post automatically merged:

Honestly i dont really understand the no splitscreen setup. Does it only work in online? do u need to do something with srb2kart.exe -port 5050? or is there options for it?

You need to run different instances of SRB2Kart with different ports, something that you do with a batch file or the CMD window; I still have to update this guide one day to make that specific process much easier to understand. Also yes and no, the no splitscreen setup can work either LAN or Online, but the idea is that you host a game with one instance (the one you will be playing through) and have the others where the playerbots will be set to join that server.

so wait i gotta make a server then lets the bots join also bat file?

well its works but one side will be laggy then i switch sides the other side is laggy how do i make them both play at the same speed

Last edited:
so wait i gotta make a server then lets the bots join also bat file?

well its works but one side will be laggy then i switch sides the other side is laggy how do i make them both play at the same speed
Probably one of the windows will always look a bit laggy/choppy because of being unfocused; the idea is that you will only play on the one where you control yourself while the other window, while getting to see it is an extra, is only there to have the extra bots ingame.

Probably one of the windows will always look a bit laggy/choppy because of being unfocused; the idea is that you will only play on the one where you control yourself while the other window, while getting to see it is an extra, is only there to have the extra bots ingame.
it will get so laggy that its crashes the second screen and the bot will leave

I honestly don't understand ecactly what I'm doing wrong. I've tried to type in the command in your friendly guide multiple ways, like how you said, but I kept getting the message, "The System cannot find the path specified." What am I doing wrong?

I honestly don't understand ecactly what I'm doing wrong. I've tried to type in the command in your friendly guide multiple ways, like how you said, but I kept getting the message, "The System cannot find the path specified." What am I doing wrong?
search cmd

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back