The Swimming Debate.

I'm pretty sure Ryan Drummond had nothing to do with Generations, and there's no way they cut out a whole third of the game just because an English VA didn't agree to their terms. Sonic is still a primarily Japanese product. They would have had a Japanese VA for that, and the American localization team would have had to find somebody else. Not to mention, voice acting is typically done late in development.

I rather like Knuckles' swimming animation and physics, they're a great touch and make him feel more "complete", even if he didn't swim in 3&K. Just because SRB2 is based on the classics, doesn't mean it can't improve on things like animations! The faster turning is nice too, though it does mess with me when I'm back in air and can't turn that fast.
Sorry to shoot you down even moreso, but in Generations' development, they planned to have an Adventure Era with Ryan Drummond playing a third Sonic. He turned the role down and the mechanic was scrapped, but the idea of an Adventure era still holds up. The Advance series I consider to be in that transitional Adventure era between Classic and Modern despite the game mechanics.
You need to cite your sources. I have never heard of Ryan even being considered to appear in Generations. The closest thing I can think of was them considering Jaleel White to voice Classic Sonic but chose against it since Sonic was a silent protagonist in the Classic games

You need to cite your sources. I have never heard of Ryan even being considered to appear in Generations. The closest thing I can think of was them considering Jaleel White to voice Classic Sonic but chose against it since Sonic was a silent protagonist in the Classic games
I remember hearing about Ryan auditioning for the role of Modern Sonic but getting rejected. It was ages ago in a youtube video.

I remember hearing about Ryan auditioning for the role of Modern Sonic but getting rejected. It was ages ago in a youtube video.
Yeah, I believe it was after Jason had left and Sega had already picked out Roger. I do hope we see Ryan in the future in some form or another

As I understand it, Ryan Drummond was considered to reprise his role as Sonic, but it was his association with a union that complicated things. New guy was cheaper, I guess.

What does this have to do with swimming?

Anyway are the changes noticeable on simple mode? Since it turning is kind of instant.
I kind of feel like Simple mode isn't exactly the most supported, the only way to skid in Simple mode is to have Auto-Skidding turned on, since you just face whatever direction you press the direction in.

I can confirm Knuckles' swim does turn faster in Simple Mode. Using an analog stick helps IMO, and... I never noticed that with skidding, probably because I never turned that setting off.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back