The SRB2 Workshop Situation just got worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesrb2fan12

That one guy making frontiers sonic
So I was just looking up some mods on my school Chromebook when all of a sudden I see some mods on the SRB2 Workshop that their names seem all too familiar and don't sound like they weren't released here
turns out THEY ARE NOW POSTING RELEASED MODS ON THE SRB2 WORKSHOP Meaning that their basically trying to REPLACE the MB
SRB2 Workshop was scummy enough and now THIS?!?!?!?! EYE YIGH YIGH

So I was just looking up some mods on my school Chromebook when all of a sudden I see some mods on the SRB2 Workshop that their names seem all too familiar and don't sound like they weren't released here
turns out THEY ARE NOW POSTING RELEASED MODS ON THE SRB2 WORKSHOP Meaning that their basically trying to REPLACE the MB
SRB2 Workshop was scummy enough and now THIS?!?!?!?! EYE YIGH YIGH
This has been the case since day 1. It’s always just been poaching mods from the MB without permission, LOL.

I'm pretty sure at least some of them are simply cross posted by the original mod creators, I recall the person who submitted legacy shadow also did so on the workshop

I swear if i see one of my mods on there im going to become nintendo and DMCA them
I know this was likely a joke but SRB2 mods hold no legal power =P. Claiming "ownership" and trying to stop others from copying it, considering its for a SONIC fangame which are (graciously) not taken down by SEGA even though they use SEGA's IP. Also, yes this has been going on since it was made. Some people also dual-upload to the MB and the workshop at the same time, for bigger reach, I guess. It is an "issue" but there really is nothing you can do about it if it isn't on the Message Board.

Hahaha,funny that you say
SRB2MB and the WS community got a beef with eachother because of a drama between the two,if im not wrong

The reason is because they dont ask promission to post the mods and they also stole the entire interface of the mb soooooooooo

Dude, it's Internet, eventually anything of yours will post somewhere else if they don't ask for permission and who cares if they stole a interface, I'm pretty sure people can tell if they on the wrong website by just reading LOL

The reason is because they dont ask promission to post the mods and they also stole the entire interface of the mb soooooooooo
XenForo is free software. Also, some people cross-post their mods here and there. Some even post them on GameBanana, believe it or not.

someone baked a hamster inside my muffin
translated:
I know this was likely a joke but SRB2 mods hold no legal power =P. Claiming "ownership" and trying to stop others from copying it, considering its for a SONIC fangame which are (graciously) not taken down by SEGA even though they use SEGA's IP. Also, yes this has been going on since it was made. Some people also dual-upload to the MB and the workshop at the same time, for bigger reach, I guess. It is an "issue" but there really is nothing you can do about it if it isn't on the Message Board.
you are so right

I'm pretty sure at least some of them are simply cross posted by the original mod creators, I recall the person who submitted legacy shadow also did so on the workshop
Yeah mkfb is heavily tied to both workshop and message board heck he even did some  portlegs under the name Haida at least that's what I think

una carne asada?? fuaa tremendo asadon me lo como el domingo con los amigos :00
translation: mkfb is just somekind of the lord no one with portlegs

Dude, it's Internet, eventually anything of yours will post somewhere else if they don't ask for permission and who cares if they stole a interface, I'm pretty sure people can tell if they on the wrong website by just reading LOL
"Some people want us to ask for permission before editing their stuff? This is completely unacceptable, let's make our own site specifically to be allowed to do that."
Yeah that's not nearly as normal or rational as you try to make it out to be. They're the ones who continue to cross our boundaries. They're the ones who keep this alive, not us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back