The SRB2-C Music Mystery - Where does it come from?

Julia

The only SRB2 and Touhou fan ever to exist lmao
So after recently learning about SRB2-C, I took a look at the music, and it's entirely different sounding versions of the existing legacy OST. I've been thinking it might've been a different MIDI card recording, due to the midi-like nature of the sounds. I myself have no clue what card it could've been, or if it was a MIDI card at all! All I know is that they must've been composed between 1999 and 2000.

If you want, I have the entirety of what music the game has to a Google Drive. I had to include both of the original boss WAVs as well as my own completed version of it I made by mixing the two together in Audacity.

NOTICE: The music appears to be in 11025hz mono. Not the best quality, I know, but once we do find the original sound sources, we can get probably 44100hz Stereo remasters.
UPDATE: Remasters on Google Drive right now!

Last edited:
Some of that music was used in the early demo from 1999-2002 before the final demo in 2003, where they made a complete remake of the music

These are just the old MIDIs we're used to under a different MIDI softsynth. Probably SoundBlaster or some equivalent.

So after recently learning about SRB2-C, I took a look at the music, and it's entirely different sounding versions of the existing legacy OST. I've been thinking it might've been a different MIDI card recording, due to the midi-like nature of the sounds. I myself have no clue what card it could've been, or if it was a MIDI card at all! All I know is that they must've been composed between 1999 and 2000.

If you want, I have the entirety of what music the game has to a Google Drive. I had to include both of the original boss WAVs as well as my own completed version of it I made by mixing the two together in Audacity.

NOTICE: The music appears to be in 11025hz mono. Not the best quality, I know, but once we do find the original sound sources, we can get probably 44100hz Stereo remasters.
Whooaaaaaa.. this is ancient SRB2. Really ancient SRB2.
By the way, Jer, did you look at my most recent artpiece on the "Post your pics/art here" thread? The link's right here.

Whooaaaaaa.. this is ancient SRB2. Really ancient SRB2.
By the way, Jer, did you look at my most recent artpiece on the "Post your pics/art here" thread? The link's right here.
Well it isn't that old, however it has been around for a long time, you can download it in the archieved versions of the website and download it.

UPDATE: On a seperate thread made back in July talking about SRB2-C, I learned that the music was thrown into a 16-bit application called Wingroove. I did this myself and saw I could export in 44100hz Stereo. Jackpot. I uploaded all of my "remastered" conversions on Google Drive, as well as the unheard songs, from Techno Hill, Deep Sea, and Mine Maze respectively. I might convert the Snowflower midis from SRB1 Christmas later down the line.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back