The Spyro the Dragon Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I don't know who to believe until proper proof is given. Spyro has been popular for years, although some games were a letdown. Spyro: Year of the dragon was the best Spyro game ever to come out ever since he has been around. I hope they keep going, and possibly make a remake of SYOTD sometime. You never know what could happen in the future.

I really wish they would make a Year of the Dragon remake, but I just can't see that happening, somehow.

Yes... I only really played Spyro 2, but I DID play Crash 1, 2 and 3. Too bad I was young. I'd love to play them again, ya know. And yes, I agree that the others really suck. Spyro Fusion, ugh. I finished that, with a major glitch :/ That game wasn't the right kind of hard.

Actually, as far as Crash Bandicoot is concerned, my favorite games aren't 1, 2, and 3...my favorite games are 2, 3, and 4. The saving system in Crash 1 was just awful, and I actually thought that Traveler's Tales did a reasonably good job with Crash 4.

As for Spyro Fusion (Sometimes known as Spyro Orange), that game was pretty bad, with its distinctly un-Spyro-ish layout and cheesy storyline. But Spyro Fushion was not nearly as bad as Spyro: Shadow Legacy. Aside from a few characters and the names of some locations, it didn't feel like Spyro at all. Worse than that, it was way too short, there were lots of severe bugs, and you can't replay the boss battles, which were by far the best part. As I said before, Shadow Legacy was undoubtedly the low point in the Spyro series, which is why Spyro possibly being made by another company is a ray of hope to me.

Ohh... Fun. A Spyro Topic! ^^

I'm kinda' glad that Sierra's stopping. Even if it means no more. I'd rather have none of the games past 3 (Maaaybe 4) even exist.

I think my favorite is Spyro 1. It had kind of a dreamy like state that I liked, and the music was by far the best. After playing the games again, I realized how different the music was in the other games. I also liked the enemy's better, and the chests instead of baskets. The other games I felt tried to be a little too humorous and I hated talking to the people in the beginning of the level. I liked how the balloon system worked, and how there weren't too many cutscenes. Just the beginning and end I think. I love the homeworld and levels so much I've memorized the layout (and item location including small animals) of them. I have a few problems in Dream Weavers and above, but still. Also a small detail I loved that probably no one cared about is that Sparx's second color is light blue rather than dark. I also loved how the bosses had a whole mini-level to them.

Also I can beat that game (including secret level) in about 5-10 hours.

EDIT: Oh! I also memorized the color change code for both 2 and 3.

Yeah, the original game definitely has a charm that even the others in the original trilogy didn't replicate...Still liked YOTD best, though.

I loved the first Spyro game on PSX, and I have fond memories of the little guy. Too bad the newer games stray so far from the original...

I just found something awesome for everyone who still has YOTD.

Square x2 Circle x2 Square x2 Circle x2 brings you to the dialogue list for that level.

You can listen to all the voices.

"I'm sorry Spyro, but it seems you're playing a hacked version of this game. This may be an illegal copy. Since this copy's been modified, you may experience problems that would not occur on a legal copy."

Fufufufufufu. ^^

Someone please fill me in on how the bug-ridden hunk of coaster that is Year of the Dragon is better than Ripto's Rage?

Okay, first of all, WHAT BUGS? Second of all, Ripto's Rage was indeed fantastic, but Year of the Dragon had equally good gameplay plus more and bigger levels and playable characters. Since the two games are equal in regard to quality, it all boils down to size, and YOTD has definitely got Ripto's Rage beat in that aspect.

Let's see here:
  • Sergeant Bird's bit in Molten Crater
    The Sasquatch Six
    The Submarine Targeting system

And many more, but mostly those. Besides, Ripto's Rage gives you infinte Superflame.

Jurai_Madman said:
Let's see here:
  • Sergeant Bird's bit in Molten Crater
    The Sasquatch Six
    The Submarine Targeting system

And many more, but mostly those. Besides, Ripto's Rage gives you infinte Superflame.

Please explain these glitches in more detail. What about those parts?

Does anybody really care about infinite superflame? Also, I've encountered many more glitches in Ripto's Rage than YOTD.

Don't get me wrong--infinite superflame was great, and so was Ripto's Rage. I'm just saying I liked YOTD even better.

The Sasquatch Six pretty much start off with infinite boost. That and they disappear after lap 3 begins anyway. Sergeant Bird can be snuck into by jumping off the bridge posts near his entrance in Molten Crater. Finally, though, the Targeting System: How the smeg can you waste so much time trying to lock-on just for the opponent to turn on a dime and still have 11 cents change causing the torpedo to miss? That turning, which you cannot do in the first place.

YOTD didn't have any more glitches than Ripto's Rage. I'd even say Ripto's Rage had more glitches. And, as I said, gameplay was equally good in both, so the tiebreaker was YOTD's length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back