The Spyro the Dragon Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
spyro.jpg

Well, I have recently heard that Sierra will no longer be making Spyro games. He might never have another appearance, although it's likely another company will get the rights to him. What do you think?

PERSONAL OPINION: The end to Sierra-made Spyro games can only be good news, as they have presided over the worst Spyro titles out there. The Legend of Spyro series was as unfaithful to the originals as could be, and Sierra also made Spyro: Shadow Legacy, which was probably the worst Spyro game ever, even worse than Spyro Orange.

Did you play Year of the Dragon? That was my favorite in the series...It reminded me a lot of Super Mario 64, the way it was set up.

REMARKABLE COINCIDENCE: Yesterday, before I had even heard of Spyro's end, I was putting the finishing touches on a Spyro WAD! It's a sprite rip, so it can't be posted here, but if anyone is at all interested, it's on Xtreme Starfox's 4shared folder (don't worry, it has complete frames). Credit goes to whoever made mp-bowser.wad, because I used their bowser flames for Spyro's fire breath.

Spyro: Attack of the Rhynocs wasn't much like the original trilogy of games. Spyro the Dragon, Spyro: Ripto's Rage!, and Spyro: Year of the Dragon were absolutely LEGENDARY. But he went downhill after those games. Originally, he was a cute, exuberant little ball of energy, but he got remade into a dark, serious, more Middle-Earth kind of character that didn't suit the series at all. Needless to say, his recent games have been pretty terrible, and I guess that the game companies just decided to give up on him. Pity.

I loved the levels in Year of the Dragon. Sometimes the gameplay was frustrating, but they never looked bad.

Yeah...Year of the Dragon was one of my all-time favorite games.
(Unsurprisingly, SRB2 is also on that list.)

What article? I didn't read it in an article, I heard this from a friend who knows what he's talking about.

fawfulfan said:
What article? I didn't read it in an article, I heard this from a friend who knows what he's talking about.

Well, we need proof that it's actually going to be dropped. So far, I haven't found anything on IGN or GameInformer...

Man, this is sad. I loved the first three Spyro games, I used to play them all the time when I was younger. The new games were pretty hideous, though.
EDIT: Just read up on it, and it seems that it is the end of the "A new beginning" (or whatever it's called) and not the spyro series itself.

It was pretty good back in the old days, but all the other games is just the same thing, no changes at least I think there hasn't. I have to say Spyro is a good character and his games can be enjoyable.

Actually, there is a chance that Spyro is merely getting dropped by Sierra, potentially allowing him to be taken over by another company. HOWEVER, given the downward trend of Spyro games as it gets passed from company to company, I think that that would be a fate worse than death for the poor little guy. It might just be a good idea to end it now, and let him retain his dignity, though he may already have lost it. It may indeed be that Spyro won't see another game.

I believe this is woe over nothing. There aren't any articles at any gaming website about this, so most likely this is a false claim.

Chisuun said:
I believe this is woe over nothing. There aren't any articles at any gaming website about this, so most likely this is a false claim.

I sure hope so. I have been a Spyro Fan since I was little.

I've done a little digging, and I think you're right. HOWEVER, although Spyro may still be in business, I think that Sierra will no longer make Spyro games, meaning another company will take over. Thus, I have accordingly reworked this topic. Henceforth, it will be not about Spyro's end, but about the implications of Spyro being made by someone else.

You're absolutely right. Insomniac Games did things with Spyro that no one else ever managed to do with him. Same with Naughty Dog and the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy. However, I wouldn't get my hopes up. I just don't know what's going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back