The PS3's Big Flop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate how everyone here is a Nintendo fanboy.

I don't exactly like the PS3, but I'm getting GTAIV one way or another. And, if you really think about the hardware, and the fact that you can pretty much sell your PS2, it's not that bad of a price, even though it's expensive. The same exact people who blow thousands of dollars on Ailenware PCs, which aren't worth the cash, will bitch about how expensive they are. Look at the combined list of features.

1. DVD Player
2. MP3 Player (I think)
3. Very High Proformance
4. Web Browser
5. PS2/(PS1?) Compatibility
6. Blu-Ray (Much of the reason for the price)
7. Plenty of Hard Drive Memory

Speaking of Blu-Ray, remember when VHS/DVD players first came out, and they were so god-damn expensive? It's pretty much like those times. For example, those new HD-DVD players are pretty damn expensive, too.

To sum it up, if the PS3 doesn't destroy Sony in the video game industry, I'll probably buy one when a price drop happens.

In here, everybody who is not everybody is a Nintendo fanboy. Some are even stereotypical mindless Nintendo fanboys too. I'm a somebody, and therefore, not a Nintendo fanboy.

Bigboi said:
I don't exactly like the PS3, but I'm getting GTAIV one way or another.
Then get an XBox 360. 200 dollars cheaper, and GTA4 is confirmed to release on both consoles.

Honestly, I don't see how anyone can seriously look at the PS3 and not laugh at Sony. I admit to being a Nintendo fanboy, however, I DO own a PS2. There is no way I'm buying this until the price drops to around 200 dollars. If it's starting at $600, I'd say I'm getting a PS3 in about 10 years.

Yeah, yeah, Blue Ray technology. That has no appeal to me, since the biggest TV I have is small enough that you can barely read the credits text on many DVDs. Why on Earth should I care? I can barely tell the difference between VHS and DVD on my TV...

And yeah, I heard how the PS3 was going off around 6oo bucks. My bro really got dissapointed when he heard that. We're both gonna wait too for the price to drop down, which is like 2 years at least.

Mystic said:
Bigboi said:
I don't exactly like the PS3, but I'm getting GTAIV one way or another.
Then get an XBox 360. 200 dollars cheaper, and GTA4 is confirmed to release on both consoles.

I don't like XBox 360s. Nothing personal, they're just not for me.

Know what I just noticed?

logosemblence.jpg

The font is oddly familiar...
That's weird...
I think this is a bad sign...

The font was the best part of Spider-Man 2, though. Everything else sucked. This seems like a bad omen to me...

Zeshiro said:
Know what I just noticed?

logosemblence.jpg

The font is oddly familiar...
That's weird...
I think this is a bad sign...

You just noticed it? It is the Spider-Man font.

Zeshiro said:
The font was the best part of Spider-Man 2, though. Everything else sucked. This seems like a bad omen to me...
NO U. Spidey 2 was a great movie, even if it's not an Oscar-winner. Same for the first one, really. No omens there.

Now, a hilariously bad E3 conference, horrible price point (with the inability to upgrade the cheaper one to the quality of the more expensive one), and the rumor of a lack of used games resurfacing - again - make this a pretty bad sign, though.

About that rumor, though... I don't believe it. Like I said, it's come up again, and the last time it came up, Sony denied it. Unless things have changed, it's likely as false as it was the first time.

Bigboi said:
I don't like XBox 360s. Nothing personal, they're just not for me.

Oh? Then allow me to take the liberty of presenting the features of the 360, since you took the initiative to do the same for the PS3. I'll include the price of an individual accesory so you might see the difference.

Now, this is the Core Bundle, available for $299 plus tax.

Features/Components:

1. Xbox 360 console including composite A/V cable and power unit.
2. Xbox 360 wired controller ($39.99).

Now, take a look at the Premium Bundle, the one I purhcased for $399 plus tax. Before you read on, consider the price difference of about $100. Currently, that's about the worth of the HDD drive you recieve with the Premium Bundle. Now, continue...

Features/Components:

1. Xbox 360 console including component HD AV cable ($39.99) and power unit.
2. Xbox 360 wireless controller ($49.99).
3. 20 GB HDD drive.
4. Ethernet cable ($19.99) with free Xbox Live Silver account.
5. Xbox 360 headset ($19.99).
6. Xbox 360 Media Remote ($19.99).

Now, that's what I recall from memory. The prices are straight from the Xbox 360 accessory and hardware page.

The Core Bundle remains $299.

With the Premium Bundle ($399), you get approximately $480.00 worth of stuff, and that's not including the Xbox Live subscription.

Now, if you want to talk aout games, I haven't seen one game for the 360 that's disappointed me at this point.

I can honestly say that the use of Xbox Live to access the latest trailers, full demos, and game information has been substantial in assuring me that the 360 has a slew of games in its arsenal well worth playing, at least as far as I'm concerned.

I don't know what your preference is, but Oblivion, DOA 4, Call of Duty 2 have blown me away, and that's just a few of the games I've played. I recently tried a Lost Planet demo, downloaded right from the Xbox Live Marketplace, and I'm surprised to see that Microsoft has held up with its ideals to promote the Japanese market.

The 360 has plenty of appeal to the game-making world, and I feel it will reflect, sooner or later, in the game-playing world.

Plus the PS3's price sucks. Sony really overkilled it (no pun intended (and yes, I know Squaresoft made that word, not Sony (and yes, I know its SquareEnix now, but the word came around when it was called otherwise))) by A: adding technology a little too far ahead of its time. Blu-Ray discs are like Beta tape; they were so good that no one could use them in a financially efficient way, not to mention with the equipment necessary to use them, and that's including the film industry.

As for the crack on AlienWare computers, you're right, people who buy them will complain, but as Zeshiro mentioned to me the other day;

"AlienWare Personal Computers. Great for games. A ***** for anything else."

High Hat 314 said:
Plus the PS3's price sucks. Sony really overkilled it (no pun intended (and yes, I know Squaresoft made that word, not Sony (and yes, I know its SquareEnix now, but the word came around when it was called otherwise))) by A: adding technology a little too far ahead of its time. Blu-Ray discs are like Beta tape; they were so good that no one could use them in a financially efficient way, not to mention with the equipment necessary to use them, and that's including the film industry.
I see A, but there's no B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back