The judge rejected me, but my plans for my addons and, if I join Sonic Team Junior, they won't stop there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoingDisplay(BR/US)

"Ultimate LivingForm"
I just read in my alerts, the judge just rejected my Sonic Mania addon, said that there was a lack of sprites in the animations (probably, as I remember, the animation of Knux climbing the wall looked pretty bad, other than that, it was good. ) I don't know if he only talked about the Knux sprite, but I struggled to make the other sprites, now, my first addon went down the drain...
Post automatically merged:

Dude, I'm almost crying here, not out of anger, but over rejection. Now it seems that I didn't pass graduation, but my colleagues did ... Being rejected ... there's no going back.
Post automatically merged:

Now, I’m going to make a new character born out of darkness, made by Chrispy Chars, FIXED by me. The new SA2 SONIC! (PS: I WILL FIX THE SONIC EYE ERROR STOP FOLLOWING SKIN COLOR JUST JUST WILL HAVE YOUR EYES PAINTED GREEN!)

Last edited:
You know you can fix the issues the judge listed with your addon and re-submit it, right? Rejection isn't final.

Seeing how it was rejected and you gave no further info, i'm gonna assume it was rejected because the mod was made almost entirely, if not entirely of pre-existing sprites, and had little to no lua. Any mod cobbled together from bits and pieces taken elsewhere with little to nothing original within are bound to get rejected. Also, being in releases isn't anything special. There are tons of mods on here with little to no time put in (hell, I'd know, I put one on here as an april fools mod :shitsfree:), so a mod passing releases isn't really a badge of honor, it's more of a badge of "you actually made something somewhat original" then anything.

On top of that, your reaction here isn't really helping you out. I'd suggest calming down and fixing any issues that led to the mod's rejection.

Do you happen to have any screenshots of your mod so that we can give you some tips on how to improve it?

Well, if you wanna take this into a public space, I may as well say so here.

You mod(s) was/were rejected because they were comprised almost entirely of content you did not actually make. Sprites directly lifted from other games are a major strike against any mod, and need major compensation in the form of gameplay changes, almost always Lua scripts. Ray and Mighty have their scripts directly lifted from SegaSonic Ray and SSN Mighty, with no credit, and those are just the primary abilities for two characters, there are several scripts cribbed from others that only have credits at all because you left them in the code. The only script I can see that seems to have not been yoinked from something else was this rocket jump script for Sonic, which I can't even say for sure is original. Even then, it wouldn't be enough, because of the same problem that all 5 of them share.

Not only are they sprite rips, they are sprite rips that don't even have full rotations. A sprite at angle 1 is supposed to face the camera, but the movement frames for nearly everyone have them facing over to the left or right because they simply don't have actual front facing sprites for those animations, so you just put whatever you could in there, and that's for almost every angle of every sprite that isn't either sideways, or behind the back. The standing frames are the only one with a full rotation because of a gimmick in Mania's Hydrocity Zone necessitating it.

In other words, 5 mods, and most of the content in any of them is of poor quality, and/or not yours. The different forms of Earless are allotted as a sprite rip because of his legacy to SRB2, and they're joke mods. Advance Sonic and Advance Cream were allowed because they actually had unique abilities coded for them that make them play way differently. Your mods simply do not qualify for anything acceptable by our standards, and have been rejected.

So for anyone out there thinking they can send in a sprite rip because you cobbled some scripts in there, let it be known that it won't work. You're gonna need to try harder than that.

Boy, if you want to have that permission, you would have to create a mod or Mods of your own, with handmade sprites, all you are doing is creating Mania characters with their respective game sprites, it is not original if you realize,
Also, you wouldn't earn anything if you posted that, you wouldn't get anything, no badges, nothing ..
But yes, your mod would be important ..

Weren't those mania mods circling around on youtube or something?
Yeah, I know exactly which Rocket Jump ability he’s talking about. It’s the move where Sonic somehow summons on the Mirage Saloon Zone birds and rides its back. So not only was this mod taking parts of other people’s code, the whole thing was taken directly off of a YouTube video. One of the videos in question:

Yeah, you can't just steal content like that lol.

Bottom line is: If said script, sprite, map, whatever is not made by you and is non-reusable, you shouldn't go about putting it in your mod.

If you want your mod to get into releases, just, make original content. It doesn't have to be good, it just needs to be made by you, and not anyone else. Releases is a barrier for effort; The bar is set fairly low, and failing to pass that, is, to be blunt, an embarrassment.

Dude, I'm almost crying here, not out of anger, but over rejection.
What the actual fuck, why would you cry over your mod being rejected lmfao.
Not trying to be rude, but it's fucking stupid to create a thread just to say "i'm angry because my mod got rejected".

Now, I’m going to make a new character born out of darkness, made by Chrispy Chars, FIXED by me. The new SA2 SONIC! (PS: I WILL FIX THE SONIC EYE ERROR STOP FOLLOWING SKIN COLOR JUST JUST WILL HAVE YOUR EYES PAINTED GREEN!)
That's... that's it?
Just that???
are you fucking serious???
Making mods/ports are more than that lmfao.
And uh, you need chrispy's permission for that---

Please lets be nice just tell him what he did wrong that's the only way we can learn in this world we live in together (note: That was the cheezest thing I have ever said). PS: Be NICE!!.

Please lets be nice just tell him what he did wrong that's the only way we can learn in this world we live in together (note: That was the cheezest thing I have ever said). PS: Be NICE!!.
The guy didn't atleast showed anything about the project that was rejected.
He started complaining about it and thought that "rejected" means "rejected forever", if only he could show a image showing the errors pointed by D00D we could help him.

The takeaway from this little incident is that your mod would've never been rejected if you actually took your time to read the submission guidelines. Whatever you tried to pass flies in the face of them, which is disrespectful to say the least: we don't have to put up with how sad you are because of a rejection you absolutely had coming on our forum. Spare us.

Ask staff any questions you may have, but make sure the next thing you submit, if you do, follows them to a T. We do not take kindly to repeat offenders, specially when they try to act righteous about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back