the inconsistency of Srb2Kart's kill areas

Maverick

Level Designer, Smart Bastard
Disclaimer, due to the lack of an Srb2K forum section (or the removal of one if one did exist at some point), this is being posted in the next best thing (but maybe the main Srb2 thread would've made more sense. ‾\_(ツ)_/‾

ok, as the title says, this is a thread about how inconsistent the out of bounds areas are in kart's levels, some can be explored just fine, others are blocked off by inviswalls, and most of them cause death, even when it doesn't make any sense.
so I'll be listing them off stage by stage

in green hills zone, there are these sections of ground away from where any racer can reach, but some just kill you for just trying, they don't even give any advantages
kart0000.gif
kart0001.gif
kart0002.gif
kart0003.gif

I only made one gif for dark race because it's just the one section (I also think dark race is lame)
kart0007.gif

the only kill section in northern district I found was on that boat near the end
kart0008.gif
kart0009.gif
kart0011.gif

[gonna need to make a part 2 for this]

I mean it doesn't really matter, does it? It's impossible to reach these areas in normal gameplay so it doesn't matter if they're kill areas or not.

[and so I did, then someone replied before I posted it]

yeah, I don't understand what darkville garden has going on, because even decoration kills you (except when it doesn't)
kart0012.gif
kart0013.gif
kart0014.gif

Daytona speedway is pretty tame with where you can go. it has one kill section, and it's...
kart0015.gif
kart0016.gif
kart0017.gif

egg zeppelin has kill plains where they make sense, also the skip in that third gif does not add to the lap count
kart0018.gif
kart0019.gif
kart0020.gif

[a part 3 will be needed]
I mean it doesn't really matter, does it? It's impossible to reach these areas in normal gameplay so it doesn't matter if they're kill areas or not.
I just want to point it out, because there are some strange instances in levels like sonic speedway, and the almost lack thereof in vanilla hotel.
Post automatically merged:

[shrek the third]

also I wasn't joking about sonic speedway
kart0021.gif
kart0022.gif
kart0023.gif
kart0024.gif
kart0028.gif
kart0030.gif
kart0031.gif
kart0034.gif
kart0035.gif