• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Super Sonic 64 Mod (Third Beta Out!)

Do You Like The Idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, It's Stupid -.-

• Kind OF

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are going to have a Princess Peachs castle, maybe you could get permission to use the one by CZ64 *bricked by CZ64*. Owww, my head hurts...

By now, I don't think anyone would have bothered looking through all the pages. :\

[x said:
Nova Rocker Girl[x]]Good news everyone :mrgreen: ! SS64 is almost ready for it's forth public beta.

Almost? Mmmmmmm, almost has come and gone. I want a date.

And I think the public would like a date too.....

Exept that I don't have anything to do now. Even a staff beta would help. Anything to keep me updated on our progress.

Recently, Blue and I (although, Blue should get more credit for this than I should) have been working on the castle level that will be appearing in SS64, eventually. Well, anyway, I've decided to post some screens of the castle so far:
srb20137.png

The entrance to the castle.
srb20139.png

The stairs that lead to the upper floor.
srb20140.png

Sands of Time's room.
srb20141.png

Prision Break Zone's room.
srb20143.png

Pillaris' room.
srb20138.png

Sorrow Valley's room.
srb20144.png

Green Valley Zone's room.
srb20145.png

Lava Cannon Zone's room.
srb20142.png

And finally, the character switching room.

EDIT: Hurray, 1000th post.

camo man said:
EDIT: Hurray, 1000th post.

About time. You know how long you've had 999.....

Anyway, that looks good.... I'm suprized that I haven't looked at the castle before.

I was saving my 1000th post for a good topic *shot*

And, yes, I know that the public doesn't know about Sorrow Valley, I just thought that they need a teaser, y'know.

Fine, let them know. DX Just know that I have even MORE maps that you people don't know about.

Also, the lack of criticism on the maps included is deteriorating my entousiasm to keep making SS64 maps. Not even Camo has said anything. Yet.

BlueZero4 said:
Also, the lack of criticism on the maps included is deteriorating my entousiasm to keep making SS64 maps. Not even Camo has said anything. Yet.
Well, the level design for the levels in generally good, but here are some of the things that have been bothering me:

-Prision Break Zone is too dark at the beginning (in my opinion) make it brighter a bit.
-The first pathways of Pillaris are too thin and don't allow much time for running, maybe you could make it a little longer.
-Lava Cannon's switch themed idea makes it a little repetitive, try expanding it.
-Climbing the mountain in GVZ can be very, very boring, this is partly because of lack of enemies and platforms that make it so if you miss you have to start all over again.
-Stuff Mart's isle textures are kinda' out of place, maybe a custom texture could be used for them.
-Too many turrets in PBZ hard mode!
-Rising platfroms in GVZ are too slow, try making them faster.
-Tunnels in PBZ get boring after a while, try making other means of transportation.

There are a few more that I have previously thought of but forgotten. And one of the reasons that your levels don't get much criticism is because they generally are a lot of fun to play in.
Oh, and remember that custom snow level that you wanted to make? You can make it if you want know, the CCM textures have been driving me crazy so Nova and I have decided not to use them (or the maps for that matter).
Blue, I hope that you start to enjoy making maps for SS64 again, because I (and probably most people who play them) agree that they are excellent and fun to play in.

EDIT: More maps, hmm.

Thank you. ;D
camo man said:
-Prision Break Zone is too dark at the beginning (in my opinion) make it brighter a bit.
I'm not sure about you, but I can see fine in 128 and above. SVZ is built primarily in 128 - 160. If it's any darker, I'll be sure to raise it.
camo man said:
-The first pathways of Pillaris are too thin and don't allow much time for running, maybe you could make it a little longer.
Uhm, specify which pathways. Please.
camo man said:
-Lava Cannon's switch themed idea makes it a little repetitive, try expanding it.
I'm sure you noticed I took out one very counter-intuitive switch. If keep pressing it, sorry, but that was the real problem with the zone. It's still there, but only for one litle alcove, which needs a star/emblem. ;D
camo man said:
-Climbing the mountain in GVZ can be very, very boring, this is partly because of lack of enemies and platforms that make it so if you miss you have to start all over again.
I'd just like to state that I higly discourage that route. Others abound, and you can even ditch the mountain half-way up. Speaking of alternate routes, I still need to put in a conveyor for that gargoyle, which makes pushing him a pain, but...
camo man said:
-Stuff Mart's isle textures are kinda' out of place, maybe a custom texture could be used for them.
Well, that would help, but I really want to scrap the whole maze thing. Boxes, anyone?
camo man said:
-Too many turrets in PBZ hard mode!
Ditchin' soonz az pozzible.
camo man said:
-Rising platfroms in GVZ are too slow, try making them faster.
While yeah, agree'd, go load up SuperSonic64.wad and grab the jump sheild. Triple jump, FTL. DX
camo man said:
-Tunnels in PBZ get boring after a while, try making other means of transportation.
I'm starting to disown PBZ. Not because of you or anything, just am. I can try to fix that (teleports?), but I'm not really going to salvage PBZ when I'm going to make a three act zone (maybe 4, actually) from scratch. However, it's more Mario-y than SVZ (or GVZ, for that matter), so I don't think we can afford to throw it out. Besides, the 3/4 act zone would've been less Mario-y than all the rest of the maps.
camo manzorz said:
There are a few more that I have previously thought of but forgotten. And one of the reasons that your levels don't get much criticism is because they generally are a lot of fun to play in.
Flattery. I still think that GVZ is fundamentally flawed, so I've really salvaged it as much as I can. Also, PBZ screams RP.
camo man said:
Oh, and remember that custom snow level that you wanted to make? You can make it if you want know, the CCM textures have been driving me crazy so Nova and I have decided not to use them (or the maps for that matter).
Already done. :X already has an coin hunt area, and quite a bit more. Too linear, though.
nam omac said:
Blue, I hope that you start to enjoy making maps for SS64 again, because I (and probably most people who play them) agree that they are excellent and fun to play in.
More flattery. I'm really fighting for whether my inspiration goes to SS64 or to a level pack I hope to make. Lord help this turmoil inside me. D;

Well, I hope that you stay as the mapper. Maybe you could use whatever you wanted to do in the level pack in SS64 levels (if you choose to stay as the mapper that is).

Eh, staying for sure. Or at least, as long as I'm still doing SRB2. That may not be long, mind you.

You can hardly tell the walls from the floor in the castle pictures. I hope the lighting is lower than 255; if not, then that's probably why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back