Super Smash Bros Brawl (Label your Spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one with Lucario, Ness, and Jigglypuff were really in the video. Only after half an hour Nintendo removed it. Then they put it back on without the three characters. Yes, we really have 3 new characters revealed. You think those white spaces really mean nothing?

Not really, she's very unique, to say the least. It can't be too much of a joke if people can beat event 51 in melee with her in under a minute.

Guys, she's as much as a joe as Kirby. I can beat the final mission with Gannondorf, Giga Bowser, and MewTwo with that guy. :V

With Jigglypuff, you just have to string together good combos. If you do, it's almost insta-win. If you don't, you lose horribly.

The fact that this video was on www.wii.jp means that anybody who doesn't believe it is being silly, IMO.

That said, this bodes ill for Ness. What with the whole "no clones" thing, he'll have to have an entirely new moveset, and the most likely one would be a moveset based on the abilities he actually had in EarthBound, and not attacks randomly taken from Paula and Poo.

In other words, I'm pretty sure he'll keep PK Flash (that was his to begin with in EB), but he'll lose Fire, Thunder, and Magnet. Going by his EB abilities, he'd likely pick up Life-Up (or perhaps Heal to be more fair), Teleport as a new Up special recovery, and perhaps Hypnosis or Paralysis as his third move (something akin to Mewtwo's Forward/Down specials). If he got a moveset like this, Flash would become his only major attack, turning him into a primarily defensive character.

I imagine his Final Smash will be either PK Rockin' or Lucas's PK Love. Rockin' makes more sense, but then, Lucas got Starstorm, which wasn't as powerful an attack as Love, and not even his attack anyways (Kumatora had that), so I wouldn't be surprised if more attacks got flung onto people that didn't actually have them in their source games.

Omg a new pokemon...
mball09_080122a.jpg

Manaphy

Sounds like a neat move to pull off, especially if the opponents character plays substantially differently... (swap Sonic with Bowser <.<)

If you switch bodies, it would be weird if every female character switched with a guy and guys with girls. o_O

I got the impression that the biggest actual differences are changing gameplay for a while. For example Bowser goes really slow (I would assume) but if you swap with Sonic, you would have to change your strategy to cope with the temporary new gameplay. If you aren't used to Sonic's style and the opponent is good with both characters, then you are at a disadvantage.

I like that because that ensures that you will have to be at the very least familiar with every character in case this pokemon shows up... May like it less if there are too many more characters added to the roster though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back