Super Smash Bros Brawl (Label your Spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
today i reseved my place when ssbb will go out,so im gonna have it for sure ^.^ i hope there not only sonic as playable caracter for all the sonic world T_T i want knux

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsiBDV9Xu9c

Yes. You need to a directional air dodge to the ground to do a wavedash. Apparantly, the directional air dodge has been replaced by an air dodge that can't be affected by the control stick. You can see Samus doing loads of air dodges, probably trying to find out if you can still wavedash or have full control over your dodges.

Personally, I don't care that much about wavedash. I use it in duels with only certain characters such as Mario and Luigi. And I doubt I'll have that many duels playing with only those certain characters.

Cons
-No wavedashing
-No longer using air dodges as replacements for a third jump.
-Need more moving to increase chance of dodging attacks.

Pros
-You can attack this time after a air dodge, and even do multiple air dodges.
-Dash jump air dodging to an attack seems totally cool, especially with fast characters. Great new way to combine defence with offense.
-You can still waveland...sorta.

If I had to choose whether to use Melee air dodge or the Brawl one, I wouldn't be able to choose. They both look nice to me.

Personally, I think the removal of wavedashing is a great thing for the game. That's not a con. They fixed wavedashing and added more tactics at the same time. Props to them.

I don't really care that much about wavedash, its just that I don't like the fact about not being able to dodge downwards when you jumped up to a super missile or charge beam shot.

It does seem to open new possibilities, though. I had problems when people were attacking me head on. Now I can jump out of my shield into an air dodge, and fastfall to an air attack. Or dash as Captain Falcon(He's in, confirmation or not) towards Samus(as example), jump air dodge trough her super missile and knee your opponent in the face.

More than good. Its great! It adds new strategies to team battle, and its not inbalanced! Although it does give people an advantage when its 3 against 1. The sole player can't restore him/herself. Same with 2 Vs 1 Vs 1 battles. I often play in teams, so this is a good update for me.

Huh, kirbys update, and it's missing out Ice Climbers, Lucas And Sonic's copy ability ;_; i was hoping Kirby would have Spikes but he's not even on it.

light dasher said:
Huh, kirbys update, and it's missing out Ice Climbers, Lucas And Sonic's copy ability ;_; i was hoping Kirby would have Spikes but he's not even on it.
Chokes while laughing* Snake kirby is funny, metaknight kirby looks marvelous!

Dang, its missing Sonic's copy ability. Snake's beard fits Kirby quite well, though. I just don't think Snake has a good time fitting in. Planting grenades and shooting rockets upwards as smash attacks? What the..?

The update also shows that Dedede has an inhale like ability (Kirby is inhaling with Dedede's hat on) Wonder what it's like? Kirby's, but can only spit out, not copy?

Two of those I'm having trouble figuring out, the one with the pony tail is Zero suit Samus right? The purple nightcap has me puzzled though... I'd guess Sonic Kirby would probably have the spikes, nothing else really Sonic-y he could use without changing his face.

And how do you know thats inhale? The effects on the ground make it look like its going away from Kirby... That even could be a different way of getting the same effect Dedede would get from smashing his hammer or something.

JEV3 said:
Two of those I'm having trouble figuring out, the one with the pony tail is Zero suit Samus right? The purple nightcap has me puzzled though... I'd guess Sonic Kirby would probably have the spikes, nothing else really Sonic-y he could use without changing his face.

And how do you know thats inhale? The effects on the ground make it look like its going away from Kirby... That even could be a different way of getting the same effect Dedede would get from smashing his hammer or something.
The one in the nightcap is zelda I think.

Unlike most of the people here, *assumption* I have played Kirby games, King Dedede can suck up opponents. After he swallows them, he spits them out as a star, however, the opponent re-materializes and then takes damage.

Crazygamerx6 said:
Unlike most of the people here, *assumption* I have played Kirby games, King Dedede can suck up opponents. After he swallows them, he spits them out as a star, however, the opponent re-materializes and then takes damage.

I know. I have played Kirby games, and he can inhale. I'm just wondering what his is like in brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back