Super Redux

Super Redux 1.3

JanaSol

Platinum Entertainment
JanaSol submitted a new resource:

Super Redux - Easy customization for your super forms!

What is Super Redux?​

Super Redux is a rewrite of a super fix primarily featured on SRB2Ex, adding more features to the pile and more support. In short, this mod redoes super transformations entirely, allowing any character to go super, alongside more options for that super form.

What "New Features"?​

Well, simply put, have you ever found the spin button a little inconvenient for super transformations? Worry not, you can now set that to be any button...

Read more about this resource...

JanaSol updated Super Redux with a new update entry:

Update 1.1

Heya! Theres an all new update for Super Redux courtesy of BlueParasolKirby. Huge thanks go out to her for this substantial update to the framework!

Patch Notes:
  • Added admin commands: superringrequirement and solringrequirement which lets you change the ring amount required to use your Super and Sol forms.
  • Attempting to transform after acquiring all of the correct set of emeralds will tell you how many more rings you need in order to do...

Read the rest of this update entry...

if we are allowed to use the super music code wouldn't this lua be open assets? im just asking so i wouldn't be force to delete a mod

if we are allowed to use the super music code wouldn't this lua be open assets? im just asking so i wouldn't be force to delete a mod
That little snippit of code there is the setup to add super music to the mod without needing to edit it. If you've ever worked with something like hornmod, its the same setup.
This mod doesnt need to be reusable as its designed as a dependency, or a framework where more can be added on top, its also designed to be universal, in such a way where edits wouldnt be necessary.

Edit: Never mind it does work with Sol Forms, and as long as this is the first thing the game loads when booting, it works fine...I think

(I'm still unsure if it saves my settings)

Last edited:
heyo. Dumb question: Are you able to add a music feature that disables the super music? I would really appricate that

JanaSol updated Super Redux with a new update entry:

Update 1.3

Update courtesy of BlueParasolKirby
Changelog:
  • Added command: soltoggle which functions identically to the supertoggle command, but for Sol Forms specifically.
  • Added "ALL" option to both supertoggle and soltoggle commands.
    • This allows you to transform with any set of emeralds regardless of what character uses them.
    • For example: typing soltoggle all in the console will allow Sonic to use the Sol Emeralds.
    • Likewise, typing...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Edit: Nevermind, found this:

Last edited:
The "none" & "off" arguments don't work, it just thinks you didn't type anything.

Example: "supermusic none" gets read as just "supermusic" and lists all the options, the same can be said when trying to change the superbutton.

Because of how many buttons he uses (all of them), maybe make this ignore SMS?

Edit:
I guess I have to do this myself:

I created a workaround for SMS by adding "BT_WEAPONNEXT" as a "superbutton" option since I often use Toss Flag with him.

Now I figure the best way to deal with the lack of an "off" option for super music is to make a "blank" track that doesn't do anything as an option, then maybe add some actual music later

I also changed the config file for this to "read-only" because, for some reason, the settings get reset after changing levels, and this is the only way to prevent that.

Anyway, I hope this gets updated or something I guess, until then I'm on my own.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back