Suggestions

Yall know the exit game message that mentions the old secret about jumping on the house in gfz 2? I kinda feel like it should possibly be replaced with something new. I get that its kinda a reference, but not everyones gonna know the context. I know this is nitpicking to the highest degree, but still.

A golden monitor just for bouncing on. Maybe it has actually literally nothing inside of it?

That would probably work better as a spring that bounces you back up as high as you fell on it from. This could also have angled variations to redirect your momentum in a specific direction.

(In response to the above: Springs always send the player upward at a fixed height. The crawla-bob physics are only associated with badniks and monitors, so I disagree strongly.)

Flame shield thok as a custom character ability.

Leading zero support for act numbers. "Greenflower Zone 01" etc.

(In response to the above: Springs always send the player upward at a fixed height. The crawla-bob physics are only associated with badniks and monitors, so I disagree strongly.)

As long as the springs that launch the player upward as high as they fell from have their own color association, there shouldn't be a problem. This would also usually be less confusing to the player than empty monitors, as springs are more closely associated as progression tools than monitors are. Monitors hold items in them and can be used as unconventional, advanced methods of traversing a level. Springs are placed specifically as points to bounce from. As long as they follow a color code, the logic should remain consistent. Example: Yellow Springs are weak, Red Springs are strong, Green Springs vary depending on how high the player fell on them from. They don't have to be green, that was just what I used for the example.

maybe adding bean the dynamite and engage someone to make some translation like french or russian(theres a lot of russians in this game)

An option for OpenGL that emulates SRB2's 256 color palette (read: converts the screen to the current palette after rendering it).

Honestly, a new spring type which simply sets your momentum to all of your previous momentum but in a different direction would be really helpful for certain level-design elements (read: THZ1's spring hill, making it seem less scripted), and I think it would be a really nice thing to add to the game. It doesn't even need to be used in vanilla levels; the modding potential alone would justify its inclusion.

Honestly, a new spring type which simply sets your momentum to all of your previous momentum but in a different direction would be really helpful for certain level-design elements (read: THZ1's spring hill, making it seem less scripted), and I think it would be a really nice thing to add to the game. It doesn't even need to be used in vanilla levels; the modding potential alone would justify its inclusion.
It could be done as a horizontal/diagonal variation of the momentum-based bouncing spring that was mentioned earlier.

Index 252 of 2.2's palette is currently occupied by an extremely light pink that's almost identical to indices 0 or 1. I suggest replacing it with a lighter peridot, which would be more useful, alongside making indices 188-191 slightly greener. Refer to the colours in the attachment.

Attachments

• suggestion.png
    suggestion.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 171
Something I think would be cool for GFZ1 is if it was colored/lit more like a morning level. After sunrise but earlier than midday. Maybe some slight cyan tints added to the level, etc. Something kinda like a spring time lighting. This would help it look more visually distinct from GFZ2, which could have more of a midday summer time aesthetic going on.

I've never made a post here so sorry if this is asking for too much.

First off I've seen a lot of posts here saying that bean the dynamite duck should be in srb2 but I don't think he would fit in enough because I can't think up of a zone that will give you him and unless he's unlockable via an extra level just like Amy then he can't be just thrown into srb2 (but he has quite a lot of mod potential an all so get to work mod makers).

Second off I would like the ability to re watch online games just like in srb2k where you have all that rewind and fast forward options and you can get camra angles not usually possible so it can be easier making videos on srb2 and you can re experience all your favorite/not so favorite moments again.

Last but not least I think we need a third act for egg rock zone because there's lots of potential there for it being the second final zone and it would be pretty fun getting to fight eggman right before he goes all out against you and this is optional but I would like to have a zone dedicated to the rocket ship you go into in red valcanoe that sends you to egg rock zone and how I imagine it is it would primarily be a Knuckles level because it would be a close quarters zone with range attack enemies which would also make it really fun to play as fang in that zone because fang also works in close quarters so I think it would be a pretty good new zone that would be able to be put into single player mode but that's optional so I would be fine with it not happening because it's such a difficult thing to make if it's close quarters and still needs to be fun for all characters.

Welp that's all my requests so thanks for reading and ESPECIALLY thanks if you actually go through with at least one of these requests.

this is optional but I would like to have a zone dedicated to the rocket ship you go into in red valcanoe that sends you to egg rock zone and how I imagine it is it would primarily be a Knuckles level because it would be a close quarters zone with range attack enemies which would also make it really fun to play as fang in that zone because fang also works in close quarters so I think it would be a pretty good new zone that would be able to be put into single player mode but that's optional so I would be fine with it not happening because it's such a difficult thing to make if it's close quarters and still needs to be fun for all characters.

Welp that's all my requests so thanks for reading and ESPECIALLY thanks if you actually go through with at least one of these requests.

You are aware that RVZ wasn't planned to and isn't planned to go to Egg Rock, right? The rocket ship is a placeholder for 2 whole zones, Dark City Zone and Grand Eggship Zone.

You are aware that RVZ wasn't planned to and isn't planned to go to Egg Rock, right? The rocket ship is a placeholder for 2 whole zones, Dark City Zone and Grand Eggship Zone.

Oh... Alright then I'm sorry for not knowing about that but thanks for telling me about it, so I guess my request for a eggman ship like zone has kinda already been fur filled looking at the name Grand eggship zone so I guess there's no point of asking for a egg ship zone.

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but maybe in a future revision, we could add sprites for characters (that need to breathe air, of course) that show them puffing their cheeks out when underwater? Sonic 1 almost had that, as seen in the image below.

tumblr_oj6f5hGZzD1w1kerio1_640.gifv

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but maybe in a future revision, we could add sprites for characters (that need to breathe air, of course) that show them puffing their cheeks out when underwater? Sonic 1 almost had that, as seen in the image below.

tumblr_oj6f5hGZzD1w1kerio1_640.gifv

Huh I kinda like that idea but don't expect it to happen within srb2 version 2.2 because characters like fang would be super hard to get all underwater sprites for because he already has a lot of sprites as is with his pop gun and adding underwater sprites is the equivalent to doubling the amount of sprites within a character total but I still like the idea.

Huh I kinda like that idea but don't expect it to happen within srb2 version 2.2 because characters like fang would be super hard to get all underwater sprites for because he already has a lot of sprites as is with his pop gun and adding underwater sprites is the equivalent to doubling the amount of sprites within a character total but I still like the idea.
I'd imagine it could be done more easily by having the puffy cheeks as separate sprites that are then overlaid on top of the regular character sprites.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Back