Suggestions

Have an option to not use MAXSEND. I don't always like downloading unknown files without the game saying yes or no.

This is a minor suggestion,

But to be honest, the crawlas are a little too simple when it comes to enemies, in fact, they're pretty much a robotic goomba and that just seems a little silly to me. This suggestion goes back to when I played a Sonic Adventure styled Srb2 mod. In this mod, the red crawlas shot something at you, this made sense, as they were supposed to be the harder enemy. However, seeing as crawlas have guns on their faces (or what appear to be anyways), why don't they shoot anything? They just seem way too incompetent on doing anything. I personally think that the red crawlas should at least fire a bullet at you.

Also, thanks to Chaos Knux, I'd also kind of like to add that I think the Elemental Shield is over powered and should be used in secret places. I also think that the fire shield and water shield should be two separate shields and both be used in different places.

But to be honest, the crawlas are a little too simple when it comes to enemies, in fact, they're pretty much a robotic goomba and that just seems a little silly to me. This suggestion goes back to when I played a Sonic Adventure styled Srb2 mod. In this mod, the red crawlas shot something at you, this made sense, as they were supposed to be the harder enemy. However, seeing as crawlas have guns on their faces (or what appear to be anyways), why don't they shoot anything? They just seem way too incompetent on doing anything. I personally think that the red crawlas should at least fire a bullet at you.

*ehem*

SASRB2 was absolutely impossible to play due to just how ANNOYING those bullet-spawning red crawlas were. I would not want to see that become official.

I thank you for posting again so I could make another suggestion.

But getting back on topic,

I think another that we've got some cool enemies, but I personally think that we should have some enemies that you cannot just spindash into, similar to the shielded enemy, but it gets destroyed once you hit it above a certain level.

this might sound silly, but sometimes there were issues with special abilities getting abuses in the older versions, and that's obviously changed now, however, I'd like to think that, if this isn't an overpowered ability, but could there be the possibility of "Running on Water" as an ability? That way you can't have flying or thoking or double jump. That way you can't be truly overpowered.

Also, like a shield in Sonic 3D Blast, there was a golden colored sheild which was a homing shield. Of course, like the whirlwind shield, you'd have to press the spin button in air to use. Would that be possible to make in srb2?

Last edited:
Also, thanks to Chaos Knux, I'd also kind of like to add that I think the Elemental Shield is over powered and should be used in secret places. I also think that the fire shield and water shield should be two separate shields and both be used in different places.
There's an easy reason why that would be undesirable. A water shield for example has no use in lava-themed levels, while a fire shield has no use in water/slime-themed levels (at least in single player). The protection from several types of damage is not overpowered if there's just one type each in most levels anyway.

I think another that we've got some cool enemies, but I personally think that we should have some enemies that you cannot just spindash into, similar to the shielded enemy, but it gets destroyed once you hit it above a certain level.
You can't spindash into the Green Snapper (the turtle enemy).

this might sound silly, but sometimes there were issues with special abilities getting abuses in the older versions, and that's obviously changed now, however, I'd like to think that, if this isn't an overpowered ability, but could there be the possibility of "Running on Water" as an ability? That way you can't have flying or thoking or double jump. That way you can't be truly overpowered.
The usefulness of running on water depends a lot on the level you are using it in. It makes certain parts of DSZ a cakewalk, but in ACZ, you end up with no ability at all.

There's an easy reason why that would be undesirable. A water shield for example has no use in lava-themed levels, while a fire shield has no use in water/slime-themed levels (at least in single player). The protection from several types of damage is not overpowered if there's just one type each in most levels anyway.

But you're thinking co-op, consider the other game types like Match or CTF. Don't you find it the least bit cheap that this person, before you shoot them, can go onto any type of environmental field that would normally damage them?

And as for the co-op sense, you just do this. Only put the type of shield that's useful there, not only that, but if that shield means nothing at that time, on the positive side, at least it's a shield, and it does it's job at protecting you.

You can't spindash into the Green Snapper (the turtle enemy).

I personally find that thing as a very useless enemy as it's basically just a much slower moving crawla. It doesn't do anything to make it a fearsome enemy.

The usefulness of running on water depends a lot on the level you are using it in. It makes certain parts of DSZ a cakewalk, but in ACZ, you end up with no ability at all.

That's the entire point, while some levels are made quite easy, the others are made quite difficult. That's the whole point of choosing your ability.

Also, that logic is like trying to say with gliding and climbing. Levels that require difficult platforming, you can easily climb the walls and not have to go through the difficult stage. Where as opposed to another stage which has platforming, but there are no climbable walls making the gliding ability almost useless.

But you're thinking co-op, consider the other game types like Match or CTF. Don't you find it the least bit cheap that this person, before you shoot them, can go onto any type of environmental field that would normally damage them?

And as for the co-op sense, you just do this. Only put the type of shield that's useful there, not only that, but if that shield means nothing at that time, on the positive side, at least it's a shield, and it does it's job at protecting you.
Coop =/= single player
Anyway, my point applies to Match and CTF as well. A water shield would be useless in several stages, while a fire shield would still be as powerful as before in Infernal Cavern. In Tidal Palace, a fire shield would vanish when the tide is up, thus severely hurting its potential.

I personally find that thing as a very useless enemy as it's basically just a much slower moving crawla. It doesn't do anything to make it a fearsome enemy.
Place it on the edges of platforms or in narrow corridors and it suddenly becomes very powerful.

That's the entire point, while some levels are made quite easy, the others are made quite difficult. That's the whole point of choosing your ability.

Also, that logic is like trying to say with gliding and climbing. Levels that require difficult platforming, you can easily climb the walls and not have to go through the difficult stage. Where as opposed to another stage which has platforming, but there are no climbable walls making the gliding ability almost useless.
Glide and climb is still useful even when there are no climbable walls, since you still can use the glide to increase the distance you can jump. Running on water however would be practically useless everywhere but in DSZ (and Tidal Palace in Match).

Coop =/= single player
Anyway, my point applies to Match and CTF as well. A water shield would be useless in several stages, while a fire shield would still be as powerful as before in Infernal Cavern. In Tidal Palace, a fire shield would vanish when the tide is up, thus severely hurting its potential.

But that's obviously why you don't place those shields into the stage in the first place, and I also remember saying a bit earlier about how if their special ability was useless in the first place, it would then just become a regular shield kind of like the basic shield from Sonic 1 and Sonic 2.

Also how come no one said anything about the Homing Shield idea that I stated earlier. Of course, the shield could only be used once though.

Place it on the edges of platforms or in narrow corridors and it suddenly becomes very powerful.

I haven't found any of those situations at all in the regular srb2 stages.

Glide and climb is still useful even when there are no climbable walls, since you still can use the glide to increase the distance you can jump. Running on water however would be practically useless everywhere but in DSZ (and Tidal Palace in Match).

But see that would be the choice you decided to make when you chose that ability. Also don't you think that if you chose that ability, you'd have to change your stats to help you in your lack of a secondary ability? Also keep in mind you're forgetting about SOCs that people seem to add to characters to give them cooler abilities.

But that's obviously why you don't place those shields into the stage in the first place, and I also remember saying a bit earlier about how if their special ability was useless in the first place, it would then just become a regular shield kind of like the basic shield from Sonic 1 and Sonic 2.
In Match and CTF, every shield will come up, no matter if you place it there or not. All shields should be mildly useful in every map, and splitting into water and fire shield would make the water shield an undesirable shield to get in most Match and CTF stages.

I haven't found any of those situations at all in the regular srb2 stages.
I frequently run into Snappers in ACZ1 personally.

Heh, yeah. Make the Attraction Shield temporarily give Sonic the Homing Attack ability. It really wouldn't be that useful, possibly even hindering, but it'd be mostly a harmless, fun change.

Just don't make it slow down his regular thok, though.

In Match and CTF, every shield will come up, no matter if you place it there or not. All shields should be mildly useful in every map, and splitting into water and fire shield would make the water shield an undesirable shield to get in most Match and CTF stages.

I think I forgot to mention that I didn't mean to actually remove the elemental shield, I just think that the other shields should also be separate. I think that personally just adds into a different effect.

Heh, yeah. Make the Attraction Shield temporarily give Sonic the Homing Attack ability. It really wouldn't be that useful, possibly even hindering, but it'd be mostly a harmless, fun change.

Just don't make it slow down his regular thok, though.

That sounds like a decent thing that could possibly be added to the shield, but I kind of meant the way it would be used be similar to the whirlwind shield where you have to press the spindash button in the air to use it, that way it won't override the user's default ability (and I know you said just Sonic, but I mean in a sense so that way everyone can use it)

That sounds like a decent thing that could possibly be added to the shield, but I kind of meant the way it would be used be similar to the whirlwind shield where you have to press the spindash button in the air to use it, that way it won't override the user's default ability (and I know you said just Sonic, but I mean in a sense so that way everyone can use it)
I'd prefer if it were on the jump button, but it's much more likely to ever make it to the game if it's mapped to the spin button, so I'll concede. :)

I have 3 different suggestions that I have thought about:

1. Make the 1st cam (the non-chasecam) A small bit higher above the ground. It seems like the cam is right on their bellies, when it should be their faces.

2. A friends list. What I mean by this is, you register a player on it somehow (I can't think of a way yet), and when you go to the friends list, it will show you if you're friends are playing online and if they are, what server they're playing in. Now, this might not work, and I was thinking if there ever was something like this added, a limit of 5 players on the list would work.

3. Make parts of levels into coop parts

I have been in many coop servers, and I have noticed that there is barely ANYTHING in any of the stages requiring more than the usual one person to do. These parts don't REQUIRE you to use more than one person, but the time tooken in the level will be shorter if you do. I was thinking of two already:
Castle Eggman Zone act 2:
At the beginning where you have to go down the hole, instead of having the exit into the level there, have a button, and make another section similar to this one, where you enter when you go down the hole, but on the opposite side of the normal one. Plus, another button at the end of this section. You would have to press both to open the door, and there were teleporters to the door next to each button, so you wouldn't have to go back and out the hole.

ERZ2: At the beginning of the level, a similar design to the one listed above; instead of both switches flipping you to normal gravity, one opens the door, and the other flips gravity.

3. Make parts of levels into coop parts

I like it, it sounds like it would be a really good idea, however, there are also some sorts of flaws with that at the same exact time.

First flaw would be that both players would have to be going to the same path,
second flaw would be the possibility that the user is away from the computer, thus making level advancement not possible unless there are more players.
In places that literally would require those types of co-op things, there might also have to be some map changes that seem to work once you're on multi-player and it would also have to stay consistent.

Also, adding onto that idea, I think that there should be bosses that can still be done on a single player, but would be made much easier and most desirable to play with two people. For instance a boss that would require you to use Tails Pickup and Sonic's speed thok to be able to actually hurt Eggman.

And speaking of Tails Pickup, I think that if Tails is already picking up someone, you should be able to grab onto the person who is being picked up, similar to how Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles did in Sonic Heroes. However, to make it seem a little less cheap, the more people you pick up, the less flight length Tails has in general.

@Eliwood: Well, the two parts that I mentioned were both at the start, requiring players to do it, and it would only be hard if someone was AFK because it would take longer, but as I mentioned, these parts could still be doable by one person, just take longer. and for the part of the map changes, they could do something similar to the floor that triggers enemies in ERZ1; code it so that those parts only appear in online coop, though it would be harder if you include the facts that almost a whole section of a map has to be coded and the race mode, which would basically ruin the "race" essence.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 12, Members: 0, Guests: 12)

Back