StatTracker

StatTracker v2.14

Onyo updated StatTracker with a new update entry:

v2.1

ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR DATA FILES BEFORE UPDATING
  • Integrated Scorekeeper into StatTracker (Suggested by GC)
    • This will read & write to scorekeeper.txt exactly like the original addon, so there is no need to load both StatTracker and Scorekeeper.
    • Scorekeeper's record expiration feature was removed and will be re-implemented universally for all StatTracker data in a future update.
    • Added admin command...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Are server record times intended to save on a server's local files only? I recently played a server with StatTracker and since then the server's best times are being shown on my servers as well.

Are server record times intended to save on a server's local files only? I recently played a server with StatTracker and since then the server's best times are being shown on my servers as well.
Under specific circumstances in which your client becomes a "server" after loading another server's data files and then triggers a save, you will get a local copy of all the data files from the last server you were on. It's basically because you receive a copy of the server's data when you connect, which has to be done or else you'll desync. This occurred with Scorekeeper too and ultimately is something I can't fully prevent from happening.

If you're hosting from the same client folder that you're playing on, I'd advise copying the client folder and playing from the copy instead. I'd like to give you a less lazy answer but the client doesn't give me tools in LUA to handle this better.

Hi! It's me again. It seems that one addon or state causes some times to be saved as "00"00"00" I am not sure which one it is, but maybe its an idea to add another safety check that a "00"00"00" time would never be saved, since it is impossible to be obtained.

Hi! It's me again. It seems that one addon or state causes some times to be saved as "00"00"00" I am not sure which one it is, but maybe its an idea to add another safety check that a "00"00"00" time would never be saved, since it is impossible to be obtained.
That sounds like a game mode that's altering player's times to put them into a specified rank. Must be something StatTracker isn't coded to detect. If you can figure out what mode is causing it, I can add it in as a fix. Checking for just 00"00'00 would still let something like 00"00'01 through, though I could still add it.

That sounds like a game mode that's altering player's times to put them into a specified rank. Must be something StatTracker isn't coded to detect. If you can figure out what mode is causing it, I can add it in as a fix. Checking for just 00"00'00 would still let something like 00"00'01 through, though I could still add it.

Looking at my game modifiers, I think its coming from Friendmod, since that one makes 00"00'00 times when its over. There's no other problematic times yet from what I can tell, so even an exception purely for 00"00'00 would help a lot!
For now I'll disable stattracker when friendmod is active.
Example pictures:
1670683525317.png

1670683540844.png

Onyo updated StatTracker with a new update entry:

v2.12

ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR DATA FILES BEFORE UPDATING

• Fixes various issues with Scorekeeper's scores not sticking in various situations.
    • Thanks to Galactice, Freeman, and all of NVJR for code & testing
  • Applies memory optimization to the player skin use table, all tables are now optimized.
  • Adds some hard rounded percentages for various stats to st_playerdata
  • Prevents time records from being saved when total time is 0 seconds
    • Reported by...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Unless I do something wrong, no matter if I enable st_recordsound or not, the gloat sound refuses to play since version 2.12. Maybe it became an issue earlier, but right now I cannot get it working anymore, and I am not sure if its something on my side or not. The record pops up fine though.

Unless I do something wrong, no matter if I enable st_recordsound or not, the gloat sound refuses to play since version 2.12. Maybe it became an issue earlier, but right now I cannot get it working anymore, and I am not sure if its something on my side or not. The record pops up fine though.

So turns out this was because the whole gloat sound was commented out for some reason.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, stats are not being saved at all. I even disabled BattlePlus thinking that was preventing the data from being saved, but theres ... nothing. the text files don't exist, and when I make them, nothing gets saved to them. Can you help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, stats are not being saved at all. I even disabled BattlePlus thinking that was preventing the data from being saved, but theres ... nothing. the text files don't exist, and when I make them, nothing gets saved to them. Can you help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?
Make sure that the luafiles folder in your srb2kart folder has full read/write/modify permissions. If you're using linux that means running the command "chmod 777" on it. There's one other thing that may have caused this in the past, but while I think it should be fixed to not require this, make sure that you're running Hostmod and it's loaded before StatTracker.

Make sure that the luafiles folder in your srb2kart folder has full read/write/modify permissions. If you're using linux that means running the command "chmod 777" on it. There's one other thing that may have caused this in the past, but while I think it should be fixed to not require this, make sure that you're running Hostmod and it's loaded before StatTracker.
re: chmod 777 - thats what this means, right?
JEYd4.png

and yes, hostmod is loaded before stattracker in my config file.

Right, but, it still won't write in the luafiles folder. And restarting the server clears all the times and stats.

Try manually creating each data file in the luafiles folder and giving all of them chmod 777 permissions. HardRecords.txt, NormalRecords.txt, EasyRecords.txt, Mapdata.txt, Playerdata.txt, pSkinUse.txt, Skincounter.txt. They don't need to have any content inside of them.

Try manually creating each data file in the luafiles folder and giving all of them chmod 777 permissions. HardRecords.txt, NormalRecords.txt, EasyRecords.txt, Mapdata.txt, Playerdata.txt, pSkinUse.txt, Skincounter.txt. They don't need to have any content inside of them.
sure thing. will this require a server/mod restart for it to be recognized? will report back with any new info

the text files have 0777s, but are still not being written :(

I'm testing this with a friend who reads these better than I can, and noticed this warning, does this mean anything to you ?
WARNING: ...a/download/KL_StatTracker_v2.14.pk3|lua/IOconfig.lua:29: bad argument #1 to 'COM_BufInsertText' (PLAYER_T* expected, got nil)

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back