Star Light Zone

Star Light Zone 1.3

TailsXHeeroes

Oh, uyh... Well hi.
TailsXHeeroes submitted a new resource:

Star Light Zone - Stage From Sonic 1 in Match

View attachment 91094

My second map. Yes, it's been almost 2 years ago.

This is Star Light Zone for Match and Tag, from 1st Sonic. I made this map out of pure curiosity, and didn't expect anything special, however... I liked this work, so I decided to publish it.

If (of course), people somehow like it, and something will work out. In the future, I will add a CTF-KotH version of the map, and also (if I don't get bored) I will match maps from other zones of the 1st...

Read more about this resource...

Looks pretty good and its nice to see another classic zone re-created in SRB2.

If I had to make a couple suggestions - maybe tone down the white tops a bit? Its extremely bright. A lot of art depictions of Starlight Zone show that the bright white on the side is a trim around a darker grey road on the top. I think that approach would look better.
Like here or here or even here.

My other suggestion would be making this into a Chaos Mode map since Match isn't the most interesting. It would pair nicely along the Spring Yard Zone map that's included in that map.

Regardless, its a cool little map! Great work!

Last edited:
Looks pretty good and its nice to see another classic zone re-created in SRB2.

If I had to make a couple suggestions - maybe tone down the white tops a bit? Its extremely bright. A lot of art depictions of Starlight Zone show that the bright white on the side is a trim around a darker grey road on the top. I think that approach would look better.
Like here or here or even here.

My other suggestion would be making this into a Chaos Mode map since Match isn't the most interesting. It would pair nicely along the Spring Yard Zone map that's included in that map.

Regardless, its a cool little map! Great work!
I thought for a long time what the floor in the map would be like. However, I settled on the last color from some textures with old light (from vanilla), and I'm not sure that the translator will more or less explain what I wanted to say, but however here's an example:

primer.png

Although, maybe I'll make it darker, I'm not sure.

I can’t say anything about the chaos of the mod, since I haven’t really figured out the usual creation of a map yet. However, maybe in the future I will, I do not promise, idk

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back