SSB:SS Demo Release (SSBSS_DEMO.RAR) [no56k]

Status
Not open for further replies.
AshuraXDemon said:
I'll Begin said:
You mean people play SSBSS?
Who does? Everyone is playing Brawl. If Brawl never came out I'd play the original SSB instead.
Well this DOES have one advantage over Brawl. While the graphics, gameplay and physics are inferior, the custom level design is much more deeper than Brawl's.

The game screen is fidgety

When I play the game, it is a bit electric-ish.
I mean it shows the screen but its twitching all the time.

Just keep punching someone alot and the smash ball will appear, hit it 3 times and press action button and the spin button (; and ,) to use the final smash, Sonic turns super and fly everywhere, tails turns super and can use the flickies and espio turns invisible

Allow me to stir up some commotion now: And in the full version, some spoilers!; :D

Knuckles will spawn rocks from the sky, similar to Ness'/Lucas' PK Starstorm (Not coded in)

Shadow wil use his Chaos Blast attack and blast away opponents in his surrounding area. (Coded in, Working succesfully, doesn't allocate damage though)

I say Amy is going to be something like a user pick since I have no good ideas for her. I'm thinking on doing her final smash similar to Peach's, but it's only a thought.

As far as progress with the mod goes, I'm kind of in a rut regarding working with what I currently have. Plus my procrastination has been screwing me over, so that's not helping. Currently I have a nice looking target sprite, bumper sprite, and some nice taunt sprites that I had on my hard drive for a while now, also soon to be used.
Don't belive me?
http://www.flame.sepwich.com/hd/backup/ssbss/TARGA0.bmp
http://www.flame.sepwich.com/hd/backup/ssbss/BUMPA0.png
http://www.flame.sepwich.com/hd/backup/ssbss/Extra character frames/TauntSonic/

Most (not all) of the coding I can do, but of course I would probably need assistance with spritework. :D

So yeah, just a progress update, etc.

Amy's final smash could be a Hammer tornado. She would spin with hearts going strait up very high, making it hard to dodge.

Tails has A_RotateSpikeball for the super flickies, right? Well, you can make them fly above you instead of in front of you. If you go to P_Enemy.c and find A_RotateSpikeball, look for this code:
Code:
	P_UnsetThingPosition(actor);
	{
		const angle_t fa = actor->angle>>ANGLETOFINESHIFT;
		actor->x = actor->target->x + FixedMul(finecosine[fa],radius);
		actor->y = actor->target->y + FixedMul(finesine[fa],radius);
		actor->z = actor->target->z + actor->target->height/2;
		P_SetThingPosition(actor);
	}
and change the 2 in actor->target->height/2; to something else. If it's /5, it will be on the ground, since the height is divided by 5. Mess around with it until you find the proper height.

Also, I'll say it again to you. This game is too slow. If you compare this to any Smash Bros game, you'll see what I mean. Just add gravity, make the jumpheight have a higher number, and make the 'flying off after being hit' stronger.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Tails has A_RotateSpikeball for the super flickies, right? Well, you can make them fly above you instead of in front of you. If you go to P_Enemy.c and find A_RotateSpikeball, look for this code:
Code:
	P_UnsetThingPosition(actor);
	{
		const angle_t fa = actor->angle>>ANGLETOFINESHIFT;
		actor->x = actor->target->x + FixedMul(finecosine[fa],radius);
		actor->y = actor->target->y + FixedMul(finesine[fa],radius);
		actor->z = actor->target->z + actor->target->height/2;
		P_SetThingPosition(actor);
	}

Interesting idea. I'll probaby have to do something to make the modified Z offset work if you are super and are the Tails skin.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Also, I'll say it again to you. This game is too slow. If you compare this to any Smash Bros game, you'll see what I mean. Just add gravity, make the jumpheight have a higher number, and make the 'flying off after being hit' stronger

EDIT:
<CZ64> By more gravity, I mean that instead of GRAVITY 0.5, make it 0.7 or something
<Flame> Oh.
<Flame> But that would screw me up I think when it comes to setting the momz of a mobj though.
<CZ64> Well, maybe it's just the flying off part
<CZ64> I feel like I'm flying, not being KO'd
<Flame> Oh
<Flame> I'm reworking the 'being hit' code
<CZ64> What are you doing to it
<Flame> It's my variation of JTE's damage code.
<Flame> Basically...
<Flame> I'm doing checks that won't be in every single if statement
<CZ64> Ah
<CZ64> I still have some stuff like that
<Flame> Rather it'll be something like 'if the player is on this other player's team, don't do anything else! Otherwise if the player is not on the other player's team, ignore this check'
<Flame> And
<Flame> 'Is the player in an attacking animation? If not, don't do anything else! Otherwise ignore this check'
<Flame> Then I have code asking for other things. Ie. Does the player have his/her sheild up?; Is the player going faster than the other player?
<CZ64> At least it's organized now
<CZ64> Not only that, but it'll work better now
<Flame> I can only hope.

Maybe Silver uses Psychokinesis to grab enemies? Like, the players have an extra state of them being grabbed by Silver.

You should make silvers FS like when he goes physic he picks them up and trhows him but silver won't be able to jump. well its kinda like what hyper shadix said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back