• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2SNK: A fighting game

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks pretty lousy too, Blade.
Damn, this whole thing seems like just a showcase of old textures in 3D levels instead of something worthwhile.

Well, the textures ARE hi-def if you compare them, but like I said, that ain't enough. It's just doesn't seem all that great anymore.

The problem is that Nev3r was basically the only one doing awesome ****, like the man always does, and now he's MIA.

He's actually kinda back, though not as much.
And this project is still a newborn semiaborted fetus, so the lack of textures are really showing. That's something I'll try to help with in the following months. We'll definately need more ORIGINAL wall textures, considering that since s3k is a sidescroller, you only see about 1 third of the full foreground tile, and the most flashy stuff is on the top of the platforms. So yeah, we'll have to get to the drawing board and start with them original textures soon.

Don't get your hopes up.

Arf, nobody's talking about the textures. The LEVELS look horrible, cramped, boring and uninspired.

We... really don't have anything to call boring, cramped, or uninspired at this point. We have about five maps, each one goes for about five seconds.

Well, if it's any consolation from the music department, I have a few samples for you guys once I finish a certain amount of songs for the project. I'm pretty close to that amount, so look forward to it soon.

Arf, nobody's talking about the textures. The LEVELS look horrible, cramped, boring and uninspired.
Hey there. That's my LRZ2 you're talking about.

By the way, elaborate on "cramped." My first guess is that you're looking for room to run. Failing that, room to thok. Excuse me if I'm a Knuckles player, but Sonic only thoks with a fireshield anyway. The smaller sense of scale was intentional on my end anyway.

Although, doesn't running get boring after a while? LRZ2 lies near the end of your journey, and I do expect a lot of running in the earlier levels. A larger focus on tightly designed areas would provide more of a contrast with other maps than claustrophobia.

Uninspired only describes the (scrapped) outside area Kaysakado seemed to be fascinated with, so he took most of his pictures of it. LRZ2 was my favorite level in S3K, and by creating it in SRB2 I'm reconnecting with the passion I have for it. I'm not looking for glory here.

Perhaps you guys should just focus on getting one level done first, instead of working on 5 different levels at once.

Well, each person has their own level. I have LRZ2, and that's all I work on. BP has ICZ1, Kuja has Sandopolis 2, and Blade has LRZ1.

Hydrocity doesn't really remind me of the area. It actually looked like some underground sewer system...

What a coincidence, that's what I initially thought Hydrocity was when I first played Sonic 3. Judging from this topic though, I think it would be best for the SRB2&K team not to bother trying to dig up screenshots to keep people interested. I don't recall STjr releasing tons of beta-stage images during their development lulls.

Although if you would like to give us civil feedback based on the screenshots, we'll take it. "You guys stink and the mod is ruined because of it" isn't going to help us make it any better, I'm afraid. As far as I can tell, the mistake most prevalent in the screenshots is releasing them before the levels were polished (or even designed) past alpha stage.

Also, consistently making outstanding maps for a large scale mod is not an easy feat. I predict a lot of the levels are going to be repolished and remade several times over in the development process as the team tries to make everything of a continually solid quality.

I'm just wondering. Why not give us a beta for us to try out your progress so far? It would give us a better way of judging your work.

I'm just wondering. Why not give us a beta for us to try out your progress so far? It would give us a better way of judging your work.
YES! Beta PLEASE! I love S3&K(except for the fact that I couldn't get past Marble Garden, but hey, I still love it)!

Release a beta of levels with one sector?

Like they said, they just have about 5 seconds of gameplay currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back