SRB2K custom map portrait coloring problems

I recently made a 12x12 map portrait for Ami Bandicoot in Aseprite, converted it into a .png and threw it into Slade as a Doom file but the colors in the game itself make her look weird. I don't know if this has something to do with the color palettes in game because those aren't responding to the image. What am I doing wrong?

The portrait on the right is the intended color. I should mention again that the portrait does not change when I change character colors. I'd be fine with it not changing colors at all if that makes it easier. Perhaps the game has some kind of color limit that I'm not aware of. Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 62
Ensure that you're converting the graphic to the Sonic Robo Blast 2 (Legacy) palette.
This is my first little modding project for this so this is all still new. Is that a custom palette available for download somewhere; maybe on this site? I probably overlooked it in Slade but I couldn't find the option.

First right-click the sprite you wish to convert and click Graphic > Convert to.... Here I've imported a texture, but it's the same process.

explorer_2022-04-28_16-46-24.png

This will open a conversion dialog.
Where it says "Convert to:", it should automatically choose "Doom Gfx (Paletted)". If it doesn't, select it.
Under the second preview, select the palette to convert to.

explorer_2022-04-28_16-46-45.png

Hit Convert... and that's it!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back