SRB2K Blender-only MD3 model tutorial

SRB2K Blender-only MD3 model tutorial 1.0

fznmeatpopsicle

Low Poly Modeller
fznmeatpopsicle submitted a new resource:

SRB2K Blender-only MD3 model tutorial - Learn how to make and export MD3s from Blender for SRB2K, without touching Misfit/Maverick Model 3D

The above video is a tutorial showing how to animate and export a MD3 model from Blender into SRB2K, without using the much outdated Misfit/Maverick Model 3D. This method currently only works in versions 2.92 and under, as the plugin used is currently broken in 2.93+ Said plugin can be found here.

The attached file is all the Blender templates...

Read more about this resource...

Hey! Thanks for the tutorial! It does explain well a lot of stuff and I've gotta give thanks for it. One question though: In case the character doesn't use a kart, where or what should we attach it to?

If you want the same animation, but without the kart, you can still attach it to the kart's armature(editing it's animations where needed), just don't have the kart's geometry selected when exporting.

Anything more, you might have to animate it manually, without attaching it to anything, simply using it as a guide.

I have problems with the textures (kart)
kart without texture.png

Back here again, almost 6 months later to ask maybe one question. How do we make the Goalpost? I have the textures ready but I'm not sure if we have to place them somewhere

Hopefully this is my last question. I've been trying to get used to making UVs but it seems like some make them square perfect and I'm kinda wondering... how does one do them? And by square perfect I mean perfectly detailed around the limited 256x256 image

Hopefully this is my last question. I've been trying to get used to making UVs but it seems like some make them square perfect and I'm kinda wondering... how does one do them? And by square perfect I mean perfectly detailed around the limited 256x256 image
If you mean that a single square takes up the entire image, that's basically a reset uv. That's typically the default state of a face, but if you want to do it manually, choose "reset uv" in the uv menu.

I used this and it works,still it is hard since I forget everything of blender again,if there is already a model,it seems you have to repack the texture to use same image and same shader,or at first nothing is displayed at all...
kart0002.png

1691083100244.png

1691084304182.png

1691084322535.png

I was making this Megaman, but I couldn't get the texture to work, so when I enter the game, in addition to not showing Megaman's texture, the Kart was small, could you help me?

View attachment 97990

View attachment 97993
View attachment 97994
I was making this Megaman, but I couldn't get the texture to work, so when I enter the game, in addition to not showing Megaman's texture, the Kart was small, could you help me?
The driver and the kart have to share the same texture/material, they can't be separate files.

As for the size, it's actually supposed to be relatively small, as the character is supposed to be much larger than your Mega Man is. Check references from Diddy Kong Racing. That said, you can just scale it up, either in Blender, or in the dat file.

Back