SRB2infinity - A Phantasy Star knockoff!

SRB2infinity - A Phantasy Star knockoff! 1.10.3

Lat' updated SRB2infinity - A Phantasy Star knockoff! with a new update entry:

Patch 1.9

1.8 had to be rushed out to fix a game breaking bug, so here hopefully we can have a patch with some actual substance...!

CHANGES
  • It is now possible to hold Attack buttons to perform their associated PAs as soon as possible. Since there are no Just Attacks, it kind of turned the game into a button masher which isn't really healthy for your hands now is it.
  • Added a new menu under the "Social" menu to pass Leader to another player if you are leader, or take it by force if...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm not one to enjoy games like "PSO", but having it in a game like this, especially since it's Sonic, makes me a whole lot more interested and excited to play it.
I haven't come upon any issues, even if I'm a bit behind in versions already. It's a wonderful mod: very complex, sophisticated even, and impressive. The music is pleasant and controls are responsive.
I play mainly on laptop/PC, if you care to know. And I've only experienced quite a bit of it in singleplayer, but it's still very fun.

• Maximum amount of Symbol Arts increased from 8 to 16
Oh you have NO IDEA how happy this makes me

the chat bubble also became really long randomly but I didn't get a screenshot of it and I can't seem to replicate it
happened again, but I managed to get a warning this time when it happened
1689212481683.png

So.... I don't have a clue what's happening here. At first I thought it was an issue with one of the other couple dozen mods I have, but this happens even when SRB2i is my only mod enabled. It might be my settings, because I run OpenGL (looking up and down in software hurts my eyes and models pretty), but I'm not sure. In-mission, I get roughly 4 of those errors every second. If it's necessary, I'm willing to turn off OpenGL so I can... you know, play. My actions also don't work if you can't tell. As far as I can tell, I'm the first person to encounter this issue.

Attachments

• srb2win 2023-07-15 16-59-15-405.mp4
    7.4 MB
So.... I don't have a clue what's happening here. At first I thought it was an issue with one of the other couple dozen mods I have, but this happens even when SRB2i is my only mod enabled. It might be my settings, because I run OpenGL (looking up and down in software hurts my eyes and models pretty), but I'm not sure. In-mission, I get roughly 4 of those errors every second. If it's necessary, I'm willing to turn off OpenGL so I can... you know, play. My actions also don't work if you can't tell. As far as I can tell, I'm the first person to encounter this issue.
You are on 2.2.10. You need to be using 2.2.11.

Patch 1.10

Here's another round of fixes & updates.
Patch 1.10 should hopefully be the last one for quite a while in hopes that the next update can bring *new content* maybe!

CHANGES
  • Added proper support for first-person mode. The weapon will now properly stay in front of you and you are also able to aim ranged weapons up and down if mouselook is activated!
  • Added Elemental affinities to every enemy attack which were previously mostly neutral save for some projectiles.

Think this update broke Pophats

srb20035.png

Also a minor complaint but you can jump during results screen

EDIT: a couple of suggestions after having maxed out at least 3 characters:

- Add a consumable item to teleport back to Medbay
- Add a way to change a weapon's damage element, like maybe a consumable item that drops after boss defeats.
- Add a random quest picker

Last edited:

FIXES
  • Fixes another issue related to load order where it was impossible to change inputs mapping.

I sincierely apologize for the amount of emergency updates this has been getting lately, things just don't seem to be working out whatsoever with this...
Looking to take a break as soon as this thing ends up being stable as it's been two weeks of near daily patches due to issues that literally made the game unplayable in some form

How can I have more than one save slot? (to have another game with different things and that)
Hmm maybe in luafiles in client in srb2i
You try delete (Not forgot copy your old save if not wanna lose him)
And next try start a new game.
Or cant use save 2?...

I'm a little confused on how the Photon Arts work... i buy the discs, i use them, and nothing rlly happens aside from it popping up on only one weapon that it is used with... tho the only weapon i am able to use the new photon art with is the claymore and Extend Cutter.. aside from that, no other photon arts i bought appeared on any other weapons i had other than that one... a little help pls..

edit: Actually.. forget i said anything.. im an idiot..

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back